PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz
Hello all,

I'm having an issue with the audio player and Windows Media Player. I had songs on my SD card before I did the ROM update. Audio player and WMP had no problems seeing them. Now last night I decided to add a few more songs. I synced them using Windows Media player 11 on my computer and they went over successfuly. The problem is now that on the device the HTC audio manager will not show them at all. I don't see any option to add songs to its library. On the same note Windows media player on the device shows them fine but it seems when using WMP the songs are garbled, like a lag type of effect. I was messing around and it seems WMP lags with some of my older songs too. The interesting thing is with my old songs they all play just fine in The Audio manager (I think its TCPMP on the rom right ?)

So how do I get it to add songs in the audio manager ? I tried removing the Mini SD card and soft booted. It still won't show the new songs. So I don't know what else to do. Is anyone else having trouble ?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Cool Wm6 Apache Solution(trick) For Wi-fi Problem To Work With Wpa-psk Tkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
Mine have the same issue, sometimes i can connect to Wpa-psk (Tkip of course) and most of the time it don't. after i soft reset the device several times, it begins working (specially if you soft reset with the wi-fi On). Sometimes it disconnects for no reason asking me for the key again, but never connects after that. Then i soft reset several times and it starts working for a few hours again...weird. Amazing Job on the WM6 Upgrade Helmi_C. You know your stuff.

I FOUND A WAY TO FOR THE WIFI TO WORK WITH WPA-PSK TKIP.
THIS IS HOW I DID IT: (i recommend to soft reset your device before you try this to ensure success chances)

1. TURN YOUR WI-FI ON. THEN CONNECT TO YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK (ENTER YOUR WPA KEY ETC).

2. LE THE WI-FI DO IT'S THING FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS. (IN THE MEANTIME GO TO THE COMM MANAGER)

3. NOW TURN THE WI-FI OFF (WAIT ABOUT 1 SECONDS) AND TURN IT BACK ON. WALA, YOU SHOULD CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY RIGHT-AWAY (AFTER A FEW SECONDS) TO THE WI-FI YOU JUST CONFIGURED.

4. AFTER YOU HAVE CONFIGURED YOUR WI-FI CONNECTIONS, YOU ONLY NEED TO FOLLOW STEPS 2 & 3 TO RECONNECT TO YOUR CONFIGURED WI-FI NETWORK

(THIS EVEN WORKS WHEN THE PHONE GOES TO SLEEP MODE, THE WIFI RECONNECTS WITHOUT ANY ISSUES)

Here is the how-to on youtube for those that dont like to read. LOL
(you dont need to wait so long to turn wi-fi on and off as the video suggest, use the time suggestion of the written How-to above)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDI_cR7RXGw

I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE BEST SOLUTION, BUT IT SHOULD HOLD US UP (THOSE THAT DONT HAVE DATA PACKAGE LIKE ME) UNTIL A KITCHEN OR FIX IS CREATED. THIS WORKS FOR ME FLAWLESSLY, SO HOPE AT LEAST FOR MOST OF YOU THIS WILL WORK.

Last edited by nico4k; 09-12-2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: need a bit more details (no need to wait so long to turn wi-fi on&off)
Old 09-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: Verizon

ShadowdogMU is a n00b
I've read through some of these, haven't seen my bug yet:

When I go to Settings > System > Phone > Services > Mode of Operation, and I got select "1x Only", then hit OK, it doesn't change, it defaults back to "Hybrid".

Also, I can't connect to WPA WiFi... but that's pretty widespread.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
seriously, mikee or someone on the first page needs to edit their post and put in all these bugs and fixes in an organized manner with update dates so we can access them easier and know whats been fixed and what hasnt.

organization people!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
You are right torx, I have been out of town. =P. I'll get on it tonight.

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

KINYA is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to KINYA
do i need to install the extended rom files or are they not needed with wm6 rom
Old 09-09-2007, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
Thumbs up Thanks Mikee

I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but thanks to Mikee for starting up this thread! Having a consolidated place for all the bug listings and fixes is quite handy.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
yep, afterall, its threads and information like this is what can help helmi and other developers on bug repairs and kitchen enhancements..
Old 09-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

CTLong is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp3319 View Post
The HTC Home today plug-in also adjusts the volume to silent/vibrate during calendar entries - you sure this isn't the problem you're runing into? You can eliminate the volume setting screen with the customizer app (found on the furms) and that function goes away.
Thanks for the reply but that's not the problem I am having. With WM 6.0 when I use the phone lock everything locks except for the volume slider. If you use the lock feature and need to silence your phone it is a real problem.

For anybody that is using phone lock check to see if you have this issue too.

For what its worth I am using the standard phone lock program. Is anybody using a different phone lock program and not having this problem?

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700 WM6.1
Carrier: Verizon

masters is a n00b
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
I FOUND A WAY TO FOR THE WIFI TO WORK WITH WPA-PSK TKIP.
THIS IS HOW I DID IT:.

Nope did not work for me, I just get the beacon indicator with no signal. Bummer..

Anyone have success with that method??

Verizon 6700 WM6

Last edited by masters; 09-09-2007 at 05:03 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development