PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: SprintPCS

Tomn8tr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RemoteAmp V2 cannot be registered with

I have tried many times to register this software (RemoteAmp) after installing WM6 - no dice.

I have used this software for a long time on other ROM builds without problems and this is a needed app for me. Just wanted to know if anyone else uses this/ is having problems registering?

Tomn8tr
Old 09-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Lurker

ppchaXor is a n00b
Exclamation Verizon XV6700 WM6 USB ISSUE

Transfering files via USB/ActiveSync 4.5 under WinXP SP2 to the device times out and the connection is lost. Tested on (3) devices and 2 diff pc's. Same results. A soft reset allows the the device to reconnect.

I tested this with both Advanced Network features on and off.
I tried copying files to the Extended Rom area, My Documents (on the /device) and to my 2GB Storgae card. Same results.

I believe it is an issue with the USB driver and ActiveSync under WM6.
This occured in both the 1.02 and non 1.02 bootloader versions.

Reflashing back to "stock" WM5 rom fixed the problem.

Anyone else having this issue?

PS: Sorry if this was already posted, but the search would not let me serach for "USB", some deal about being too short ... blah blah ... can the admin change that? (off topic)
Old 09-07-2007, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>6800
Carrier: Sprint

mbartels is just getting started
Anybody else notice that phone calls are often delayed? Most of my calls are fine, but I have about one call per day that only rings once and than goes straight to voicemail. When I ask the caller how many times my phone rang they say it rang 5 or 6 times.

So, for some random reason, my phone isn't very responsive every once in awhile. When I test it myself, it always picks up right away. Weird!
Old 09-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppchaXor View Post
PS: Sorry if this was already posted, but the search would not let me serach for "USB", some deal about being too short ... blah blah ... can the admin change that? (off topic)
Yes. I have notified the admin and he will get to it when he gets to it

Until then, if you need to search for a three letter term like USB, just search for USB* (thanks to luv2chill for that tip.)
And in the kitchen, bind them.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

spudboy488 is a n00b
Install ActiveSync Mode (http://www.utstar.com/pcd/downloads/...yncMode.sa.CAB) and set it to USB. I had the same problem when I was trying to load all my apps back into the phone. After installing this, I left the phone in the cradle all night and it was still connected the next day.

-- Spud --

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppchaXor View Post
Transfering files via USB/ActiveSync 4.5 under WinXP SP2 to the device times out and the connection is lost. Tested on (3) devices and 2 diff pc's. Same results. A soft reset allows the the device to reconnect.

I tested this with both Advanced Network features on and off.
I tried copying files to the Extended Rom area, My Documents (on the /device) and to my 2GB Storgae card. Same results.

I believe it is an issue with the USB driver and ActiveSync under WM6.
This occured in both the 1.02 and non 1.02 bootloader versions.

Reflashing back to "stock" WM5 rom fixed the problem.

Anyone else having this issue?

Old 09-07-2007, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
Exclamation SMS Character Count

For those having issues with the missing SMS count, go install the PocketCM program. It has a wonderful threaded SMS program included and has a character count (it counts backward which is nicer imho).
Old 09-07-2007, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

BenRivera is a n00b
I just tried iPhono Mini bluetooth stereo headphones. The bluetooth stereo actually comes through fine with no hesitations like WM5 did. But when I receive a phone call the headphones switch to hands free mode, but don't switch back to wireless stereo when the call is ended. Has anyone else tries these or other bluetooth stereo headphones?

I also noticed that videos run on WMP are slow and visually degraded.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:06 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post
I loaded a dialer found on PDAPhoneHome from Paul Hammons http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...heme-here.html; download the file called Mogul Big button Dialer.zip. It's a great looking dialer and the data connection dual arrows are white when a data connection is active and shaded when inactive. I don't know if the default dialer is actually keeping the data connection active, but at least this is worth a shot!

I know it's been mentioned several times, but making sure the "Beam" setting in Comm Manager is not active will significantly improve battery life.
hey DC, thanks for posting this link, this dialer is much better than the stock dialer, and I really like the active/inactive data arrows!

thx again
Old 09-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Ok, so I have donated... and I now feel comfortable posting my bugs...

1. I have a Bluetooth Plantronics 590A stereo headset / phone headset. It didnt have AD2P capability before this ROM, but now it is supposed to. It gets discovered on pairing, but skips. Additionally, once I turn off the headset, it is a pain to rediscover without killing the pair and repairing. Old ROM used to be instant discovery.

2. I get some strange and periodic momentary freezes.

3. Sometimes my clicks are ignored and I have to reclick for a response.

4. Sometimes, programs open that I never told to open.

I can live with most of the problems, but I really need functional bluetooth. I dont want to even thing about trying that slueth fix since it had mixed results AND it is known to cause excessive battery drain.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
I've been having some issues over the last 24 hours with the Settings list.
After running for a few hours, a bunch of my settings start disappearing from the System and Personal tab. I've checked and they are still there in the Windows directory, but they just don't appear in the GUI.
At the same time, I've been getting some of the old Voice Command errors on startup. The missing settings issue reminds of when this used to happen on WM2003 when VC ate up too much memory. As before, a soft reset usually fixes it (sometimes two resets) but it's kind of a pain.
I also had something strange happen today. After a call, I looked at the Today screen and both my soft-keys were labeled "New" [the left one should be, but the right was assigned to PIContacts]. I pressed the right side "New" and contacts came up. This is when I noticed that my SoftKeys applet wasn't in the settings list. I used RescoFE and found the SoftKeys app and fixed the softkey label. Soft reset gave me another VC error and another soft reset and everything was honky-dory.

Not a big deal, I just wanted to report an anomaly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development