PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 11:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

proslasher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Getting Raped by Verizon.

So everyone knows about the Alltel/Verizon Merger.
I have an Alltel HTC Touch Diamond. I love that phone. It's the best in the world...

My Alltel phone broke about three weeks ago... So I called 611 to ask them to replace it. They said they would be more than happy to, but I had to go to a Verizon store to verify my problem before they sent me one. (after like 6 trips/calls) I got my new phone in the mail. I got the Verizon version and messed with it for a bit and realized that it was missing some major features that I use every day on my Alltel verison. (100 megs ram, and gps mainly)

To make a really long story short, I *****ed and *****ed (18 different contacts with them) and ended up finally getting an Alltel replacement phone.

A few days ago, My phone no longer received texts/email/internet. It's because the towers in my area were upgraded to the new software which renders alltel phones useless.

I called up Verizon and they said that I needed a VZW Phone.

I told them this was unacceptable and filed a complaint with the BBB.

Here is what they replied:

Quote:
Dear Ms. Struck,

We have received the complaint filed by Mr. Kelly and appreciate the opportunity to address his concerns.

Our records show Mr. Kelly is disputing the replacement equipment that is to be provided to replace his equipment that has malfunctioned. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a gift card or any monetary value to replace his equipment. Mr. Kelly may take advantage of the manufacturer warranty while it is still available or he will be responsible for replacing his equipment at his own expense. We regret to inform Mr. Kelly that we cannot meet his request; however, he has the option to replace his equipment.

We apologize for any inconvenience Mr. Kelly has experienced and trust that this letter confirms our position in regard to this matter. If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Adam Davis
Executive Relations
EC# 15949
So it's very clear that Verizon has no intentions of actually resolving the issue with out me being screwed. I told them that it was unfair that they did this and that I feel as if I was crooked... and some how the complaint "magically" was closed.

Now I'm curious. What the hell are us Alltel Customers supposed to do? I love my HTC Diamond from Alltel. I did not want verizon when I signed up a year ago. That's why I signed up for Alltel. I don't think its fair for Verizon to do this to us... We shouldn't have to settle for something worse than what we had in the first place.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but I like being able to use google maps and not pay 10 bucks a month for vzw navigator.

I like having a responsive and usable phone. I don't like having something that has a memory leak and every time you load a program it stays residual in the memory causing the phone to lock up and hang. :-\
Old 07-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: Getting Raped by Verizon.

verizon should be able to allow all alltel phones on the vZw network...

i have a htc sprint touch diamond on vzw. i did it before vzw changed the *228 wa of doing it.... change msl to 000000 and placing a vzw prl on the phone and then doing *228 option 3
Old 07-03-2009, 12:00 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

proslasher is a n00b

It's official. I can't receive any texts. :-\
Old 07-03-2009, 12:04 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Alltel phones work fine on verizion towers.
There not gonna make everyone using an Alltel phone have to go buy a new phone.
You have a phone issue, not a service issue.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 07-03-2009, 12:08 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

proslasher is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Alltel phones work fine on verizion towers.
There not gonna make everyone using an Alltel phone have to go buy a new phone.
You have a phone issue, not a service issue.
You are so wrong. I actually have two HTC Touch Diamonds. They both are not receiving texts. And when I say both, I mean each individual phone activated separately. I even called Verizon and they said an Alltel Smart Phone will not work on the Verizon network once the merger is complete.

They won't force everyone to go buy a new one, they are just going to do a FRU on them all.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:16 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did you try a *228?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

proslasher is a n00b

Yes. I tried *228.

I also tried Alltel's rom, Groovy rom, Mighty rom, juicy rom, and two different alltel diamonds. It's not the phone. It's the network.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond -> vzw

mclaser is becoming a great contributor

Couldn't one load the Verizon ROM on the Alltel, then all would be good? (Has someone built a verizon Diamond ROM yet?)
Old 07-03-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I've been through something similar. I had an alltel touch pro converted to verizon. It may seem like a hassle but I have to ask have you been able to make/receive calls on any device? Like a verizon device or alltel device? Did you update the prl to match a verizon prl, eri, and dmu?
Finally if you did all that, is it your line? My phone cannot get past 1x because evdo won't authenticate on the device (actually on ALL of my phones). It could be quite a few things but try and convert that alltel phone to verizon by adding the prl, eri, and stuff...it could help
Old 07-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not sure why you are surprised. It is Verizon, the same company that strips out and disables features and then over charges you to use them. Switch to sprint!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion