PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

I was doing some reading over at everythingdiamond.info and in the chef's corner section they have all kinds of tips for using visual kitchen. One of the things I thought some might find interesting is some changes in the xip and romhdr to give you more RAM. Anyway here is the link to the post:

http://everythingdiamond.info/showpo...&postcount=107
Old 09-01-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Finally got the PPCKitchen files for 23041 ready. Thanks again to mattsm for testing the 96DPI (thx again bro). They would have been up sooner but it's been a crazy day at work and not having a good 96DPI source is always fun. All the usual notes apply to the files. I tried to make sure that all the usual kinks were worked out, but who knows.

The PPCKitchen 23041 XIPs has the XIPs for the Apache, Herman, Kaiser, Titan, Victor and Vogue. All are spinlock patched except for the Apache. The Herman, Vogue and Titan XIPs are the only ones tested.

SYS_23041_Common
http://www.4shared.com/file/12950430...41_Common.html

SYS_23041_192DPI_0409
http://www.4shared.com/file/12949787...2DPI_0409.html

SYS_23041_96DPI_0409 (Updated 9/2, 3:20pm EST. Added modified resrouces dll's thanks to AndrewSh at XDA! and fixed theme files. Last one from 2:50 had wrong themes again. )
http://www.4shared.com/file/12970348...6DPI_0409.html

Thanks to phamquang for the goods!

Warning! If these files are used in any other kitchen other than PPCKitchen, please be sure that you fix the file attributes BEFORE or DURING cooking, otherwise problems will ensue (see FIX here). I have attached the removed packages as well if you do use these in another kitchen.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 09-03-2009 at 08:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 24 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

snakehn is becoming a great contributor

probably a dumb question but, does this 23041 build have a timebomb?

thanks
Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakehn View Post
probably a dumb question but, does this 23041 build have a timebomb?

thanks
Yes, but it is removed from the files I posted.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6875 - Touch Pro2

biglcny is becoming a great contributor

Hey JooJoo,

Quick question... The office in the rom that was removed.... was that just the same old office that was included or is it new code?

I read somewhere (trying to find it again) that MS is gonna update one note significantly, have you checked that out?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
Hey JooJoo,

Quick question... The office in the rom that was removed.... was that just the same old office that was included or is it new code?

I read somewhere (trying to find it again) that MS is gonna update one note significantly, have you checked that out?
So far it's the same old crap. I don't think much has changed at (if any)
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

snakehn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Yes, but it is removed from the files I posted.
Cool, thanks for the files, i have not tried any other build since 23017, but this one looks interesting.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
I was doing some reading over at everythingdiamond.info and in the chef's corner section they have all kinds of tips for using visual kitchen. One of the things I thought some might find interesting is some changes in the xip and romhdr to give you more RAM. Anyway here is the link to the post:

http://everythingdiamond.info/showpo...&postcount=107
those tips actually decrease performance ...... 1 yes you can remove the cachefilter from xip but doing so means that your rom will be slower to prove this theory build a rom without it then open your windows directory in the file explorer 2 the encryption filter works now why remove encryption unless you don't wanna ruin a sd card 3 htcfsfilter.DLL fsreplxfilt.dll if you do not know what these do I'd leave them alone but the best way to have a fully funtional rom is to tweak the xip not remove files from it .. that was something that was done in the past to save space when using the old tools with smaller xips tweak the boot.hv and rgu and you should be good to go ... and getting RAM back the safest way is to remove dead files from you IMGFS
Old 09-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
those tips actually decrease performance ...... 1 yes you can remove the cachefilter from xip but doing so means that your rom will be slower to prove this theory build a rom without it then open your windows directory in the file explorer 2 the encryption filter works now why remove encryption unless you don't wanna ruin a sd card 3 htcfsfilter.DLL fsreplxfilt.dll if you do not know what these do I'd leave them alone but the best way to have a fully funtional rom is to tweak the xip not remove files from it .. that was something that was done in the past to save space when using the old tools with smaller xips tweak the boot.hv and rgu and you should be good to go ... and getting RAM back the safest way is to remove dead files from you IMGFS
what do you class as dead files?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedfikry View Post
can you please give me more instructions about how to do this?

how to "not install volume control"?

i would like my In-call voulme to go up & down from side buttons without having to drop the taskbar & do it on screen too

Thanks
You have to install SetVolume 0.6.1, press up or down, and then press the speaker icon that comes up, then you can set your in-call volume. I had a Topaz Volume Control on my kitchen that was messing it all up, it would lower the volume and I could barely hear. So I unchecked the volume control and installed SetVolume 0.6.1 and it started to work with the WM 6.5 built-in volume (sucks by the way, but it works.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software