PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

If you are a fan of my work, please feel free to .

Misfortune Taskbar v2.0

Misfortune Taskbar v1.0

This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

tsowentaskbar6v2.1(lite)
This version is for those who have been getting denied access errors or other errors due to the new RHodium Manila basically if taskbar5 worked then this one will for now I have extracted all the LargeTitleBar files and other files that were causing problems. Below are the listed files included in this one. This is not an update just a "lite" version of the previous one until I get everything 100% perfect with the Rhodium Manila and other files. Next update I hope to have these problems fixed along with a new battery and other updates and corrections. If the full version works for you as it has for me then no need to do this version.

Code:
BT Discoverable.bmp
BT On Mode.bmp
BT Stereo Headset.bmp
CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll
GPS-icon.bmp
GPS-icon Mask.bmp
HTCVolumeControl.dll   -- New Version to match MightyMikes ROM
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
pchanOvermbmp.dll
PictureMailRes.dll
shellres.192.dll
Stereo Headset.bmp
tapres.192.dll
tshers.192.dll
VoiceCmdRes.dll
WLMMessengerResources.192.dll
_setup.xml
Attached Files
File Type: zip tsowentaskbar6v2.1(lite).zip (1.74 MB, 317 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I spent so much time changing icons, i don't even know if i included them all in this preview, haha. There are 3 versions of the shellres.dll included in the rar, one with my newly styled htc logo, the old htc logo, and the round windows logo, choose your poison. Just remember to rename the file to shellres.192.dll or shellres.192.dll.0409.mui accordingly! All of the other files should just be replaced with the ones in your windows folder. I know this is a pain in the *** for some, but it is actually really simple. I am sure tsowen, or someone else, will be along soon to help me out with a CAB file for all the rest of you people! ---CAB's Added!---

Don't fret GSM people, I will have an update soon with the known changes that work for your taskbars. Maybe one day we will figure out how to change your signal bars!

As always comments, criticism, and DONATIONS![see sig] are welcome.

The RAR file includes all of the dll's. And the three zip files are the CAB's [big thanks to tsowen], just choose which start icon you would like!
[The first ZIP is the new HTC icon, second is the old HTC icon, and third is the round windows icon.]
[Also included is the new version of HTCVolumeControl in case you are encountering any problems]

Last edited by Misfortune; 03-31-2009 at 11:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 75 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfortune View Post

I am sure tsowen, or someone else, will be along soon to help me out with a CAB file for all the rest of you people!
Nice work indeed and here is the cab for you. All registry edits are in so install sdkcerts, misfortune cab and nuepowerdriver (cdma only for nuepower), also did the other cabs for the two versions of the start icon you included HTC Start, and Win Round.

Last edited by tsowen; 03-31-2009 at 07:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
I'm wondering if Misfortune used the latest HTCVolumeControl.dll from mighty mike?

Sorry for the repost but I hosed up my original post with an improperly phrased question. <blush>
Negative he has 1.0 verses the 1.6 mightymike sent me to use.

Edit: Below is the one that is like MightyMikes ROM and my taskbar with Misfortunes icons to go with his taskbar.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCVolumeControl.zip (42.1 KB, 39 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tsowen; 03-31-2009 at 09:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWA69 View Post
when i do that it overwrites Misfortune Taskbar v2 cab file. an it has diff icons.
You must be installing the wrong thing, the nuepowerdrive has no icon's in it what so ever. Try this link here http://www.nuerom.com/nueDownload/download.aspx?id=40
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Prizo!

Alex42590 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverblink View Post
unfortunately i'm still stuck. i followed your directions but i have no file called signal strength level
i've tried to create the file using the editor but that leds nowhere
its not exactly a file its sorda like a subfile once you click cdma, you dont click anything else in the top like how youve been clicking cdma, once you click cdma it should be on the bottom check this out..............

Old 04-01-2009, 12:48 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfortune View Post

I spent so much time changing icons, i don't even know if i included them all in this preview, haha. There are 3 versions of the shellres.dll included in the rar, one with my newly styled htc logo, the old htc logo, and the round windows logo, choose your poison. Just remember to rename the file to shellres.192.dll or shellres.192.dll.0409.mui accordingly! All of the other files should just be replaced with the ones in your windows folder. I know this is a pain in the *** for some, but it is actually really simple. I am sure tsowen, or someone else, will be along soon to help me out with a CAB file for all the rest of you people! ---CAB's Added!---
I'm getting the old problem where the OEM Signal icon appears whenever the signal is over 0 bars. (see screen capture). I notice that there are 6 bars on this icon and my registry shows a setting of 5. Should I change it to six?

BTW- this is a really incredible set of icons.

UPDATE: FYI, changing that registry string to 6 got everything working. The only thing I notice is that it seems to take a long time for the signal strength to change on the icon/meter. I really don't care, as long as it works. (And this probably has nothing to do with the icon- I was just noticing.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc_capture9.jpg (159.3 KB, 89 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg pc_capture10.jpg (76.3 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Trident; 04-01-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:07 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
find the mighty mouse image (png) i'll try
MMpatch.rar

alex,
n/m, try this, there are 2 ico. and both are 41*41

let me know how it turns out
Old 04-01-2009, 05:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

Isobuster is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I'm unfamiliar with sktools. Do you mind helping me out and telling me what you did to uninstall it?
Go to maintenance -> installed programs and use uninstall. Perhaps you must install the program again and than remove it with sktools...

So long, Isobuster

Device:
HTC Touch Pro with 8 GB microSDHC
ROM → bauner WM 6.5 23016 TF3D2 (GER); 1.14.25.05; 52.63.25.34U
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes