PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rezound
Carrier: Verizon

mgdking is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Code:
Originally Posted by tsowen                                
                 You need to the correct driver for the TP2 which is here http://www.nuerom.com/nueDownload/download.aspx?id=166

As for the 3G symbol I am not sure what is going on why your phone is reading the wrong icon from the tapres.192.dll tonight I will take a look at the taskbar you have and see what is in there. Check back here in the morning for an update/fix to your problem. Also if you visit the Touch Pro 2 forum and view this thread you will find the battery drivers cab file for the TP2 there also http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78019
tsowen Have you found anything regarding my 3G symbol?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdking View Post
Thanks for your reply that fixed my battery!! Look forward to hearing if you find something out about the 3G thing! Thanks again!! Hit the thanks button for ya!!!!
Quote:
tsowen any word on the 3G symbol yet?
Quote:
tsowen have you had a chance to fix the 3G symbol yet?

Quote:
tsowen Have you found anything regarding my 3G symbol?
Dude I promise Tsowen is not ignoring your many request of the same question, he gets crazy busy at work and has to take some time off of here until it slows down !
Old 11-21-2009, 03:43 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatair View Post
HI,

i have a question for the sdkcerts. is it possible to use the version i used with my "old" HD also with the HD2?
Thanks for your help.
Greetings
Yes it will work as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihcc2uni View Post
I am attempting to design my own and have downloaded the files but don't have the ZIP file password, where do I find where that is posted? Thanks!
Check your PM
Quote:
tsowen any word on the 3G symbol yet?
Check the file below, I am assuming that Verizon is now showing the 3G icon which is like the Ev icon since you are CDMA and not GSM, if you were GSM it would read the 3G icons out of the phcanOverbmp.dll which are there but I think it is reading the tapres.192.dll which contain the CDMA Ev icons so I have swaped them out with the 3G. Give this a go and let me know if it works or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaba10k View Post
any fix for 3g yet
See the above post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazert View Post
Hey Guys, I'm sorry if this was asked already somewhere but I'm brand new user and I started to read all the posts but 160 pages.... I just have one simpel question. i recently upgraded to WM6.5 The official version from the HTC website for me HTC Touch Pro 2.
A friend mentioned that there is a cool taskbar from Tsowen which indicates the battery life as it shuold and not as Windows made it .

Ive seeen there are lots different versions, which is the last and most compatible version that I would need to download for my phone WM 6.5 Touch pro 2 and will I need to install any other software or just the task bar cab.

Thanks a lot in advance
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65911
Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
Dude I promise Tsowen is not ignoring your many request of the same question, he gets crazy busy at work and has to take some time off of here until it slows down !
Thanks bro, I have been TDY to Fort Hood for the recent events and just got back into town. Sorry for the delay on everything and thanks for being patient with me here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tapres.192.zip (36.2 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:28 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Also I have started making a new taskbar, when i get a few more icons done I will show a preview of a few of them. Might take a little time to make though but it will get done. Have to work some overtime (gotta pay those bills )but I will get it done.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Code:
Check the file below, I am assuming that Verizon is now showing the 3G icon which is like the Ev icon since you are CDMA and not GSM, if you were GSM it would read the 3G icons out of the phcanOverbmp.dll which are there but I think it is reading the tapres.192.dll which contain the CDMA Ev icons so I have swaped them out with the 3G. Give this a go and let me know if it works or not.
That worked perfectly!!!! Thankyou very much!!!! I appreciate you taking the time and doing that for me!!! Your post has been thanked!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Code:
That worked perfectly!!!! Thankyou very much!!!! I appreciate you taking the time and doing that for me!!! Your post has been thanked!!!
Glad we got you all fixed up, also thanks for the donation whoever sent one in! All donations are appreciated!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Cyclona94

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already, but I can't find any info anywhere!

I'm just starting out with this and looking to create my own set of icons, starting of with a simple Start menu icon, but I've stumbled at the first hurdle. I have been trying to copy "shellres.192.dll.0409.mui" or "shellres.192.dll" to my SD card as per item 2 of 'How to create your own Start icon' on the first page of this thread, but neither Total Commander or Resco Explorer will copy the files, both giving 'access denied' errors.

I do have the WM6.5 stock dll's that I downloaded (from somewhere...) but I've got tsowentaskbar6 WM6.5 version.cab installed, so I was assuming that by copying out the correct .dll's on my device I could use this as a base and add my own edits.

I've got an HD2 if that makes a difference! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

----EDIT!----

Ah - I think I know why! I was trying to copy files that were stored in ROM. I simply copied over the shellres.192.dll, found that this contained tsowen's updated icons and edited the Start icon accordingly. I now have a very nice version of the attached as my Start icon in honour of my 300ZX TT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z Logo.jpg (9.7 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Cyclona94; 11-25-2009 at 06:28 AM. Reason: More info!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
@calpine7

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Long time lurker first time poster here, yes I am a noob. I want to say thanks to everyone in this thread and site for all the valuable input, advice, software, etc. It is much appreciated and will always be.

I tried my best to follow these instructions and am afraid I missed something or was unable to find the fix thru the 160+ posts here. Also below I have listed the info for troubleshooting help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Speaker and Battery Icon
The Speaker and Battery Icon's are located in the phcanOverbmp.dll file. The following are the steps to change your battery icon and speaker Icon out and to also give you the battery percentage.

1. First install the sdkcerts.cab
2. Install Taskbar%20Icons%20v2.cab
3. Install darklord battery metre v2_fixed.cab
4. To have your battery meter give you actual % such as 33% instead of in increments of 10 install nuePowerDriverCDMADiamond-100-v1.0-cab.cab updated 11/13/08
5. To fix the battery % either use a registry editor and change the settings as posted below or install FInixNOverBatteryIconsOnly.zip (no need to do both) updated 11/11/08
6. To fix the little font when you click the speaker icon install HTCVolumeControl.dll in the attachment below (Thanks opuscroakus) updated 12/5/08
Quote:
To further expand on what GadgetFreak said and what I have posted several times there are a few things we need in order to properly troubleshoot your problems and they are:

1. Your Phone (HTC Touch Pro or whatever this will also tell us if your QVGA, VGA or WVGA)
2. Your Current ROM (Stock or MightMike 4.7 or whatever)
3. The Taskbar you have installed (tsowentaskbar5v1.7 or whatever)
4. GSM or CDMA
5. Any additional software you are running such as Wisebar or SPB Mobile Shell or anything to this effect. (Some users have reported problems with these two software)
6. The nature of your problem in detail such as I unistalled tsowentaskbar3 and sdkcerts. I then re-installed sdkcerts, tsowentaskbar 6 and nuepowerdriver. When I turn on my bluetooth my icon is still the stock icon. I have checked my /Windows folder and it shows the correct BT On Mode.bmp that is in your taskbar.
1. HTC Fuze
2. Stock ROM
3. I was installing the taskbar above (Taskbar%20Icons%20v2.cab)
4. GSM
5. Nothing major, just all simple aps like "flipclock theme", g-alarm, etc..I can list more if needed.
6. My problem is with the battery % icon, the 100% seems to be scaled down to 20% equaling 100%. I installed the taskbar with the above instructions. After step 3 and a soft reset, the new task bar appeared with the battery icon at 16%(which actually was about 75%) The link in step 4 appears to be an updated version for the TP2 which I did try but did not work. Step 5's link doesn't appears not to work anymore. Step 6 I have not attempted yet, still reading up on it and not comfortable with total commander yet.

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance for leaving out any info needed to help but will reply asap if needed.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RazrHD 4.1.2
Carrier: O2 Deutschland

seco10 is keeping up the good workseco10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by @calpine7 View Post
...6. My problem is with the battery % icon, the 100% seems to be scaled down to 20% equaling 100%. I installed the taskbar with the above instructions. After step 3 and a soft reset, the new task bar appeared with the battery icon at 16%(which actually was about 75%) ...
Try to change some Reg-dwords:
[HKLM\security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword: 65 (hex) or 101 (dez)
"BatteryIconStart"=dword: 3e9 (hex) or 1001 (dez)
"BaseDLL"=phcanOverbmp.dll
"BaseId"=dword:0
...after this your battery-icon should show the 100% (if the battery is full)
Old 11-24-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Glad we got you all fixed up, also thanks for the donation whoever sent one in! All donations are appreciated!
@ tsowen Well since you fixed the EV symbol to make it say 3G I finally went to a place where I know I have always dropped to 1x. Well when I was there my TP2 read just "G" not 1x. Not really a bid deal I guess but wanted to bring it to your attention. So I guess at this point I know if it says just "G" for a signal I am really only getting 1x. Any thoughts on this?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes