PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Dual

samadhi23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

hey tsowen,
can u make your signal icons from taskbar 6.2 and the darkblue windows logo in this file???

would be awesome

greetz...
Attached Files
File Type: zip shellres.96.dll.0409.zip (147.4 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon (frmr Alltel)

garyr2548 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyr2548 View Post
Got a question, trying to replace the E icon in the tsowen taskbar 6, its icon10. I am using PEexplorer to modify the dll file, tapres192. I have remade the icon using ICOfx and saved it 32x32 32bit color. When I go to replae the file in REexplorer, it gives me an error that the size or color depth is not the same. Any ideas on how to fix this up so I can do the replacement? Thanks in advance.
And I got this response.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgsideTiger View Post
i had actually gotten this error when i made an icon that wasnt in true color. i would suggest checking on that, and making sure that the size of icons are the same. i still consider myself a noob at this, but that was something that i ran into, and thats how i fixed it

also wanted to say (not directed at the previous poster), that for those people who are having trouble doing this, following the directions on the 1st page, i am now able to change out any of the icons that i want. so the directions really do work!!!!

The problem was not replacing the .dll file its self, it was the .ico graphic within the dll file. I do want to thank Burgside Tiger for your input because pointng me back to the first page let me to find another suggested program, ResHack, which replaced the icon without any problem and was much easier to use than what I was using previously.

Long story short, thanks for the input and I finally have a rA icon that works on my phone. This is the first time I am finally totally happy with a task bar! Thanks to everyone for all your hard work developing these things!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (9.9 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Screen01.png (8.7 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by garyr2548; 04-01-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: additional image posted
Old 04-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Actually, the CAB didn't change my Start icon- I assumed it was because I had a custom one I manually installed (my Superman icon).
I haven't had a chance to check out the multi-message icons. I'll try that.

Looks like my multi-icon isn't working right either.

Should I still try to reinstall the shellres files?

I installed just shellres.192.dll(win round)- my Start menu is the shellres...mui. So I'm hoping that this file will just fix the A/S and multi-message icons.
you have to change my shellres192.dll to shellres192.dll.0409.mui to make it work properly. and if you want to keep your start icon, you are going to have to replace the start icon included in my file

If you are a fan of my work, please feel free to .

Misfortune Taskbar v2.0

Misfortune Taskbar v1.0

Old 04-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks to the people that are getting their problems figured out and then letting other people know how to fix them as well!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: the big red V

k0tix is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to k0tix Send a message via Yahoo to k0tix
Thumbs up Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Use a ROM extractor and extract you shellres.192.dll and post it and I wil fix you up. The wait cursor is a bmp within that file so I neec the shellres from WM6.5
here is the shellres file... also my start icon is plain white so i was wondering if you can crop the enclosed .png file i circled in red as my start icon, but only if you can convert the area around the icon into transparent so it looks like the v5.7 taskbar start icon, if you cant can you put the v5.7's vista orb in please

THANK YOU very much dude i appreciate this alot!
Attached Files
File Type: rar shellres.192.rar (314.6 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar 7000_7048_startorb.rar (31.3 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Here is the fix for the HTC Volume for misfortunes new taskbar if your not US/UK and your volume looks like below then install this cab and it will be fixed.

Attached Files
File Type: zip misfortune taskbar2 volume fix.zip (29.8 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon (frmr Alltel)

garyr2548 is becoming a great contributor

Ok, well, I am finally COMPLETELY satisfied with my taskbar. Thanks to Tsowen and Misfortune for the files. The only change I wanted was a different battery so I replaced all of the battery icons in the tsowen 6v2 phcanoverbmp file with the ones from misfortunes v2 taskbar. An this is the result

and

I have attached the phcanoverbmp.dll file for you in case you would like it....

Gary
Attached Files
File Type: rar phcanOverbmp.rar (115.3 KB, 85 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyr2548 View Post
Ok, well, I am finally COMPLETELY satisfied with my taskbar. Thanks to Tsowen and Misfortune for the files. The only change I wanted was a different battery so I replaced all of the battery icons in the tsowen 6v2 phcanoverbmp file with the ones from misfortunes v2 taskbar. An this is the result

and

I have attached the phcanoverbmp.dll file for you in case you would like it....

Gary
Thanks Gary, that looks good. Few people have PM'd me and asked if I could make a version 3 of my taskbar6 with Misfortunes awsome battery, after discussing it with Misfortune he has gave me the green light to do so. All credit goes to him for this next release and Misfortune if I haven't said so already your icons are top notch man! I am loving the taskbar and all the icons you have created from scratch. You have some true talent my man and please keep up the good work!

Last edited by tsowen; 04-01-2009 at 09:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfortune View Post
find me the icon and i can do that for you.
You are the man.
Here is the shellres file, zipped up. That's all I've got.
Attached Files
File Type: zip shellres.192.dll.0409.zip (275.8 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Trident; 04-01-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:30 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
VGA herFLAVORv1

ok, so after i started to get the hang of this on qvga, i told my chick i'd make 1 for her, give it sum flavor (she has diamond, vga)

I do NOT take all credit, i am still using TB6 elite as base, thanks tsowen, and for the signal bars, thanks adam, and any1 else if i used your icon as a base w/ minor edit. but i did do sum new icons (roaming, signal, data active/inactive, etc. just take a look

Row1, start
Row2, 1x, Ev, roaming
Row3, in call, searching 4 signal, signal, data active, data inactive
Row4, missed call, voicemail, text, email, multi message
Row5, speaker phone, speaker vibrate, speaker silent, speaker on

a couple ss

i might change a couple things or add sum stuff, but she likes it so thats good 4 me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip herFLAVORv1.zip (778.5 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kjhadfield; 04-01-2009 at 11:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes