garyr2548
PPCGeeks Regular

garyr2548 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyr2548 View Post
Got a question, trying to replace the E icon in the tsowen taskbar 6, its icon10. I am using PEexplorer to modify the dll file, tapres192. I have remade the icon using ICOfx and saved it 32x32 32bit color. When I go to replae the file in REexplorer, it gives me an error that the size or color depth is not the same. Any ideas on how to fix this up so I can do the replacement? Thanks in advance.
And I got this response.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgsideTiger View Post
i had actually gotten this error when i made an icon that wasnt in true color. i would suggest checking on that, and making sure that the size of icons are the same. i still consider myself a noob at this, but that was something that i ran into, and thats how i fixed it

also wanted to say (not directed at the previous poster), that for those people who are having trouble doing this, following the directions on the 1st page, i am now able to change out any of the icons that i want. so the directions really do work!!!!

The problem was not replacing the .dll file its self, it was the .ico graphic within the dll file. I do want to thank Burgside Tiger for your input because pointng me back to the first page let me to find another suggested program, ResHack, which replaced the icon without any problem and was much easier to use than what I was using previously.

Long story short, thanks for the input and I finally have a rA icon that works on my phone. This is the first time I am finally totally happy with a task bar! Thanks to everyone for all your hard work developing these things!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (9.9 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Screen01.png (8.7 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by garyr2548; 04-01-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: additional image posted