PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Toshiba TG01 Makes FCC .. as CDMA..

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/21/t...dma-thrown-in/

Come on sprint be smart pick this up! This phone is a monster of a beast as the article says..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshiba_TG01

I would love to play with one to make my decision though
Old 07-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: Toshiba TG01 Makes FCC .. as CDMA..

I saw a video on this phone and it was laggy beyond belief

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-21-2009, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

sprint could easily fix that or many of our awesome people online could fix it for us either way I wanna test it out!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Well that's what ppl was saying it has to be the rom so yea an easy fix but no keyboard I'll pass ole chap! Cheers!
Old 07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

I dont know about this.... This could easly be the IPhone of Windows with a few fixes here and there.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I actually have a hard time getting excited about this phone. Its UI customization is shallow and questionably attractive, and it's really too big to be easily pocketable.

Everyone is throwing bigger screens on their devices, but personally I think Toshiba went too far. Ultimately, the device just happens to be the first to market with a next gen processor. It's definitely an interesting phone, but I couldn't see myself buying one. For all of my gripes with HTC, they still produce the best hardware/software combinations available for WM devices. I'm sticking with my Touch Pro at least until Tegra hits the market and we can see some comparisons between it and Qualcomm's Snapdragon. Here's what I'm looking for:

- 3.5 to 3.8" screen with minimal number of physical buttons on the face of the unit
- Tegra/Snapdragon/OMAP3
- 3.5mm audio and HDMI
- GPS/AGPS
- digital compass
- accelerometer
- proximity and light sensors
- multitouch display. I'd actually prefer a resistive screen like Stantum displayed a while back, but would settle for capacitive.
- slide out keyboard with tilting screen
- 5+ MP camera with a decent sensor for a change. How about a reasonable shutter speed. And how about actually delivering quality video at VGA or greater with 30fps. Something at least on par with the iPhone 3GS' camera.
- FM radio with RDS

hmm... that should cover it for now. So, who wants to build it?

Last edited by bedoig; 07-21-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:54 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

TG01 is a beast on 6.5. But needs to be ironed out still.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I actually have a hard time getting excited about this phone. Its UI customization is shallow and questionably attractive, and it's really too big to be easily pocketable.

Everyone is throwing bigger screens on their devices, but personally I think Toshiba went too far. Ultimately, the device just happens to be the first to market with a next gen processor. It's definitely an interesting phone, but I couldn't see myself buying one. For all of my gripes with HTC, they still produce the best hardware/software combinations available for WM devices. I'm sticking with my Touch Pro at least until Tegra hits the market and we can see some comparisons between it and Qualcomm's Snapdragon. Here's what I'm looking for:

- 3.5 to 3.8" screen with minimal number of physical buttons on the face of the unit
- Tegra/Snapdragon/OMAP3
- 3.5mm audio and HDMI
- GPS/AGPS
- digital compass
- accelerometer
- proximity and light sensors
- multitouch display. I'd actually prefer a resistive screen like Stantum displayed a while back, but would settle for capacitive.
- slide out keyboard with tilting screen
- 5+ MP camera with a decent sensor for a change. How about a reasonable shutter speed. And how about actually delivering quality video at VGA or greater with 30fps. Something at least on par with the iPhone 3GS' camera.
- FM radio with RDS

hmm... that should cover it for now. So, who wants to build it?
Why do you need a digital compass or FM radio!? We live in the 21st century. A time of GPS, Satellite radio, internet streaming, and google maps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
I saw a video on this phone and it was laggy beyond belief
Kinda like HTC phones... they all need to be tweaked and modified. It will run awesome.

Last edited by Nagrom Nniuq; 07-21-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
Why do you need a digital compass or FM radio!? We live in the 21st century. A time of GPS, Satellite radio, internet streaming, and google maps...
Google Maps is a perfect example of why a compass is a great feature. A lot of augmented reality apps also require a compass to function. A compass is a great addition to GPS for lots of reasons. For your enlightenment :

Video demo of Google Maps Street View using compass.

Example of an AR app running on Android which requires a compass.

As for an FM radio, it consumes less power than streaming and allows easier access to local stations. An integrated FM tuner also keeps me from having to carry another device when I travel to international conferences where translations are broadcast locally over low power FM. Also useful for TMC traffic info in countries where free broadcasts are available.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:12 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you should retitle this "Snapdragon arrives" instead... who cares about the device really, Snapdragon has finally come to life... which is NOT terga.. snapdragon only gets 60hrs of battery life, Tegra gets 28 DAYS..

The phones UI does look Jankie, but its WinMO, doesnt matter what it comes with, it can be removed/altered/tweaked..

also i didnt think it had a keyboard either?? but the post above lists it... not saying its not true but i just did a google image search and didnt find one with a keyboard slid out..hmmm?

im just excited snapdragons here finally...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives