View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Nagrom Nniuq
Halfway to VIP Status

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Toshiba TG01 Makes FCC .. as CDMA..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I actually have a hard time getting excited about this phone. Its UI customization is shallow and questionably attractive, and it's really too big to be easily pocketable.

Everyone is throwing bigger screens on their devices, but personally I think Toshiba went too far. Ultimately, the device just happens to be the first to market with a next gen processor. It's definitely an interesting phone, but I couldn't see myself buying one. For all of my gripes with HTC, they still produce the best hardware/software combinations available for WM devices. I'm sticking with my Touch Pro at least until Tegra hits the market and we can see some comparisons between it and Qualcomm's Snapdragon. Here's what I'm looking for:

- 3.5 to 3.8" screen with minimal number of physical buttons on the face of the unit
- Tegra/Snapdragon/OMAP3
- 3.5mm audio and HDMI
- GPS/AGPS
- digital compass
- accelerometer
- proximity and light sensors
- multitouch display. I'd actually prefer a resistive screen like Stantum displayed a while back, but would settle for capacitive.
- slide out keyboard with tilting screen
- 5+ MP camera with a decent sensor for a change. How about a reasonable shutter speed. And how about actually delivering quality video at VGA or greater with 30fps. Something at least on par with the iPhone 3GS' camera.
- FM radio with RDS

hmm... that should cover it for now. So, who wants to build it?
Why do you need a digital compass or FM radio!? We live in the 21st century. A time of GPS, Satellite radio, internet streaming, and google maps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
I saw a video on this phone and it was laggy beyond belief
Kinda like HTC phones... they all need to be tweaked and modified. It will run awesome.

Last edited by Nagrom Nniuq; 07-21-2009 at 11:45 PM.