PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Toshiba TG01 Makes FCC .. as CDMA..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
That is a pretty ignorant statement that it is THE ONLY phone in the world that has a compass. Do a search for the G1 and magnetometer (which is an electronic compass) You can safely assume that the Hero and Magic didnt remove this feature either.
Ok, sorry, you are correct the G1 does have the magnetometer, but the videos you showed do say they are only using the GPS and accelerometer. Using GPS with an accelerometer can simulate a compass like function. GPS+motion=compass.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
Ok, sorry, you are correct the G1 does have the magnetometer, but the videos you showed do say they are only using the GPS and accelerometer. Using GPS with an accelerometer can simulate a compass like function. GPS+motion=compass.
True, but without the compass you have no way of establishing your initial bearing. And sorry, that video was a bit misleading. I guess not everyone on Youtube knows what they are talking about

I just referred to it for a video demonstration of Street View using the compass. I was at work and didn't even have the audio on.

Last edited by bedoig; 07-22-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

True and true Unless you can use your eyes to see something that matches google streetview...
Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Unless you can use your eyes to see something that matches google streetview...
Hehe... Geeks can't be bothered to look around the real world

PS. Is your username your actual name? If so, where are you from? It's an interesting name
Old 07-22-2009, 09:58 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Oh and on your list you are missing Wimax/LTE chip...and OLED screen (maybe even with solar power charging but thats asking too much probably)
Defininetly good additions to a next gen device

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Personally though I kinda miss the Irda port :/...just to turn on and off my TV...sure thats a bit silly but still :/
I'm with you. IR was great for universal remote programs! With the advent of BT and WiFi, I can't think of anything else I ever used it for, but still...
Old 07-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nope, it is a made up name, but I do like the sound of it

Those things on your list shouldn't be for a next gen device. They should be current gen as they are all available on different phones. Jethro and I have been discussing in the nvidia tegra thread about how everything we want is currently out and on phones but why the frack can't get they it all in one phone? It's so stupid. HTC TP2 has the nice 3.6" screen and keyboard (optional for me but requirement for many), but a crappy 3.2mp camera and old CPU. TD2 has the nice 5mp camera but only a 3.2" screen and old CPU. Or the TG01, awesome everything but 3.2mp camera? WTF! We really need that Tegra chipset NOW! It incorporates everything thankfully, but so far it is vaporware...
Old 07-22-2009, 11:03 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:

Those things on your list shouldn't be for a next gen device. They should be current gen as they are all available on different phones. Jethro and I have been discussing in the nvidia tegra thread about how everything we want is currently out and on phones but why the frack can't get they it all in one phone? It's so stupid. HTC TP2 has the nice 3.6" screen and keyboard (optional for me but requirement for many), but a crappy 3.2mp camera and old CPU. TD2 has the nice 5mp camera but only a 3.2" screen and old CPU. Or the TG01, awesome everything but 3.2mp camera? WTF! We really need that Tegra chipset NOW! It incorporates everything thankfully, but so far it is vaporware...
Well. according to the specs their looking for is basically an Iphone with a better CPU and a keyboard. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 07-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

But the iPhone has a low res screen. WAY low res compared to any new WM phone, plus the camera is only 3.2mp.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:31 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
But the iPhone has a low res screen. WAY low res compared to any new WM phone, plus the camera is only 3.2mp.
Aside from it's powerful GPU, I think Apple leaves it that way coz of the 65,000 apps that relies on it.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:13 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

You probably would want the Omnia 2's 64million color AMOLED screen rather then a TP2's screen..not saying TP2s screen is bad..(if only omnia 2 had a keyboard sigh..)

The reason they don't integrate it is because they want you to buy the next phone so they go little by little. an upgrade here an upgrade there..welcome to marketing/profiteering. common, if you had the perfect phone, why would you get a new one unless the new one had some irresistible feature, but irresistible features don't come out every year..its called making back on their investments...

Also I remembered what I wanted..decent RAM and ROM..why are thy teasing us with 30mb ram upgrades or so..258mb, 288mb..I think theres a 312mb ram one somewhere..give us 512 ram already!!! And they wonder why multi-tasking with cellphones is a pain >.>
________
VAPORIZER WIKI

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 01:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives