PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: verizon

Gotroot is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Paying for custom roms?

Expect v14 mid-late next week. It will be a major update to v13, some packages will be coming from htc leo so they are very new

I encourage everyone who can to donate in order to support the development on the Vogue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32487&page=923

I thought this was a hobby???????????? I do not mind donating but thats just begging.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Paying for custom roms?

that guy is an idiot. He thinks he can hold the vogue community to ransom because there are alot of people who think that he is gods gift to rom making and they have made it very clear that without him the vogue rom development will die, i say what a crock of S***, if he wants to leave or stop delevopment because of various reasons, let him go, as i believe there are some good vouge chefs Vin, WDM, jtuite, Andrew Welton, over here at PPC geeks that are just as clever as him, and also have the backing of Vogue community for help, we all share over here and help each other to the best of our ability with problems, and to be honest with u his roms - never read so many posts about issues with his rom, To say the a rom is going to be released and then very next sentence to " encourage everyone to donate to support deleopment on the vogue" is downright rude, we dont need this guy to continue development of vogue roms.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Yep,Ali3n got new laptop,so NFSFAN's time is about to END lol,plus xda folks converting all packages to cabs (if they are usefull ).the real develoving is when people posting cabs,packages,solutions,kitchens....

Last edited by vin255764; 08-16-2009 at 03:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

So you going to be putting out a version vin. I'm using your latest version now, not that there is anything wrong with it, but got the itch to flash hehe.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:19 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Why people want to charge for something (a rom) that was built with programs someone else coded and availble free, and with components/programs/SYS available also totally free is beyond me.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:29 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

I don't see the problem here.

NFSFAN is releasing his Vogue ROM whether or not you donate to him. Many ROM authors/bootloader hackers/3rd party application developers seem to be asking for donations before major releases come out. I'm sure they've spent a long time testing/debugging/tinkering and if you enjoy what they do it may be nice to try and help compensate them for their time. They're asking, not requiring.

It isn't as if he is CHARGING MONEY for the ROM itself. If he did, there would be many people pissed at him... including some copyright holders (i.e.: Microsoft).

There is nothing new to see here. Move along!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

1loudsvt is keeping up the good work1loudsvt is keeping up the good work

I agree with both sides really...he has gotten a little pushy with his "requests" but his roms are the best I have tried. I have donated to him as I have to almost every developer for the vogue. His comments have not made me donate any more or less than if he had not made them though. I look at it as a way to encourage other developers to out do him for free ...Really i need to start cooking my own roms then it will not matter.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

I have no problems giving donations, for roms that I use. If there is a donation button that helps. I mean all these chefs are great to contribute their time and effort to developing the vogue still. I disagree with the whole I'm going to stop producing for the vogue if I don't get enough donation. I mean if we were to donate on every build hell I'd be broke. That being sad, Vin and all the chefs here on ppcgeeks keep up the great work.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Yep,Ali3n got new laptop,so NFSFAN's time is about to END lol,plus xda folks converting all packages to cabs (if they are usefull ).the real develoving is when people posting cabs,packages,solutions,kitchens....
haha @ ending nfsfans time lol , telecom nz is a very minute speck in the world of rom cooking

i think the word you are looking for and is missing from nfsfans vocabulary is SHARING

Last edited by ali3nfr3ak; 08-16-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Almost a VIP

I don't think we should bash NFSFANs, he has done alot for the vogue and the community. I don't really believe he has said give me money or I will stop, at least I don't think so. I used his roms, and they are all right, but I prefer VINS roms myself. They work great and I don't really have to do anything to them, except add a couple of cabs.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue