PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy UPDATE: Downgrading (successfully) for Warranty

hey i tried posting this in the downgrading sticky, but im guessing that the sticky isnt a discussion, i need some help

I started experiencing some problems with my touch today and i might have to send it in for repair/replacement. I have a Bell Touch and im guessing their phones are handled by UTStar and there was an official update from them. Though I understand these dangers and risks with downgrading, I think it would be very smart for me to restore the phone to its original state before returning it.

My question is, do you think it would be alright if i downgraded via utstar's update for bell vogues? would it be just as risky?

AND

would i have to downgrade to the 0.40 spl before doing it?

and lastly, would u guys advise against it?

Last edited by mixxy; 05-20-2008 at 08:02 PM. Reason: update
Old 05-15-2008, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

JoePuetoRico is just getting started
Re: Downgrading for Warranty

wow !!! I would not even downgrade it it's gona get replaced anyway let them do the work that's what they get paid for or I would just hit it with a hammer and say i dropped it if you got insurance of course lol!!!!! but anyway you should return it to it's factory specs cuz they might try to pull the old void warrenty and insurance because of unsafe software I don't know if you have to downgrade to 0.40 but I have heard that it 's very risky but don't know for sure sorry I can't help you any further .....ps. if you got the upgrade from them just leave it alone like I said they get paid to handle it ... I would not worry

Last edited by JoePuetoRico; 05-15-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePuetoRico View Post
wow !!! I would not even downgrade it it's gona get replaced anyway let them do the work that's what they get paid for or I would just hit it with a hammer and say i dropped it if you got insurance of course lol!!!!! but anyway you should return it to it's factory specs cuz they might try to pull the old void warrenty and insurance because of unsafe software I don't know if you have to downgrade to 0.40 but I have heard that it 's very risky but don't know for sure sorry I can't help you any further .....
I strongly recommend you downgrade to the OEM state. If you do not do this first then you will still receive your replacement as normal but will most likely be backcharged for the cost of the device you are sending in as you are running unofficial firmware and they WILL pull the void warranty card. Trust me.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

JoePuetoRico is just getting started

I know thats what i think but he also says the upgrade was from them ....... but first he has to be 100% sure if not downgrade it or like I said break it and use insurance better safe than sorry am I not right

Last edited by JoePuetoRico; 05-15-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yea but the thing is i dont have insurance as Bell doesnt offer it. Now, i dont mind downgrading, absoloutely not an issue, but i mean, if i do it, will my phone be bricked? and how would i go about doing it?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

ludester is becoming a great contributor

I personally think you should be fine with downgrading....maybe first try loading the older loader on the phone first then load the rom.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

if u do try downgrading and brick it, then u apparently need a new one all the same-wouldn't it solve the same purpose?

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 05-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
if u do try downgrading and brick it, then u apparently need a new one all the same-wouldn't it solve the same purpose?
but the problem is that now that if i were to brick it, im sure they would know that "I" bricked it, and not any random software issue. if i were to downgrade should i go back to the original unlocker and then run the signed exe update which contains the 1.59 radio and an updated rom or just run it without downgradin the unlocker

i currently have omjs custom rom and the 3.37 radio
Old 05-16-2008, 03:19 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
Hate to say it but I agree if you brick it to where it won't boot they cannot find out what firmware you have on the phone at the store (I had to do this but not for this issue )
Old 05-16-2008, 03:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

okay, so im going to do it as soon as i get back from my trip. i need gps for it, so would u recommend downgrading the unlocker first and then flashing the original rom?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue