PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 08:32 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 10/21/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
hey man sorry to bug about this one again but...it seems as if the "settings" pane is completely blank.
Also just a side note for the original black skin, by default there is no grey or black theme included :S

Thanks again!
Jim
The settings widget is blank? Which skin? On the one I uploaded yesterday,

Quote:
OEM_MegaPack_Manila2D_OEM_v2.17...............................Last Updated 10/29/08
Includes EVERYTHING you need to install Manila 2D (everything from xda-developers.com):
- Includes MegaPack_Manilla2d_OEM_V2.17, MegaPack_Manilla2d_Skin1_OriginalBlack, and OEM_TodayTheme - MobileMatt_carbon_extrablack_blackbars
I just downloaded it and it's there.... If your talking about a m2d theme, today I'll write up a tutorial on how to "Frankenstein" your own m2d theme with what you've got...Also, make sure your not overwriting HTCHomeSettings.xml anywhere. This file would prevent that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
EDIT: also, I'm just curious, does the fact that everything from the xda build mean that htc large start menu is included? I didn't see it their on the post, but keep getting conflicts with it when I build.
there are about 22 duplicates with a regular build in the ppckitchen. These are mostly files from HTC, and in dogguy's kitchen, most will reside in ..\OEM\OEMAPPS. I'm not sure what the xda fella's patched to make manila2d work, so I left them in.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:11 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

This post is....not complete...But close! It's just a template so I can throw together a...

How-To create your own theme for my m2d megapack
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

GUID Notes:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ca749e48-9ef9-4e2b-8359-304100281
..................thru............................ ....
ca749e48-9ef9-4e2b-8359-304100281819

The above GUIDs are used within this MegaPack. 800 is the main OEM, and 801 - 819 are in use by what I have already. So come up with a unique number say starting at 850 - 899 if you are compelled to share yours with the community. I encourage sharing!

Files of Interest:
HTCHomeSettings.xml - diplay settings
hh_*.* - Theme files.
Theme.m2dct - A zip archive containing a M2D Customizer Theme.

Here's how to:
1. Copy one of my premade themes to a different directory and rename it. You want to rename both the directory name and the name inside the OEM's option.xml
<Item name="MegaPack_Manilla2d_Skin1_OriginalBlack" group="Apps_rstg_M2D" checked="True">

2. Rename the 3 GUID's to 850 +.
--a - DSM file
--b - RGU file
--c - Inside option.xml file for buildos
<Guid type="p">ca749e48-9ef9-4e2b-8359-304100281801</Guid>

The last three numbers is all you want to change here....Remember the GUID notes above, and yes, THEY ALL MUST BE THE SAME GUID!

3. Take your existing theme and copy just the hh_*.* files into the OEM and overwrite any duplicates.

4. DO NOT COPY THE FILE HTCHomeSettings.xml. I used the same one for all these themes and a few others I have and it works just fine! This is in most of the M2D Customizer themes, but they are incomplete, as the customizer just imports portions of this file!!!!

How to process .m2dct Files
m2d_Theme.m2dct - M2D Customizer Theme
To process these type of themes:
1. Rename file to m2d_Theme.zip (yep, it's just a regular ol' archive)
2. Unarchive normally to it's own directory.
3. Now copy all the hh_*.* files into your new OEM.
--Remember to skip the HTCHomeSettings.xml file!!!
-- You can also skip the preview.jpg file, it's there for M2DC.

Notes & Comments
This has worked on all themes I have seen, I do not guarantee this to work on all themes. So if you have a theme that you have been using for a while and it is not compatible with M2DC, now it is.

I'll clean up this post over the next couple days to add more accurate content and link to it so it can be found later in life.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 10-30-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

jlechner is just getting started

RS, kind of in a bind here. I want to build with the newest M2DCongfigure, but the older version is included in the oem pack. Got any oem's of the newest M2D build without M2DConfig added in?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:03 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlechner View Post
RS, kind of in a bind here. I want to build with the newest M2DCongfigure, but the older version is included in the oem pack. Got any oem's of the newest M2D build without M2DConfig added in?
It already contains:
Quote:
- v2.17
--- Updated M2DC to v0.17.xx (includes softkey editor)
If you want the latest version delete any m2dc-*.* files out of the main OEM and include your newer OEM with the build. I updated it a couple days ago with the v0.17.xxxx version, so you may want to download it again...Is there a newer one out?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)

jlechner is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
It already contains:

If you want the latest version delete any m2dc-*.* files out of the main OEM and include your newer OEM with the build. I updated it a couple days ago with the v0.17.xxxx version, so you may want to download it again...Is there a newer one out?
Ha, I wasn't aware you updated. Thanks man, you save me once more!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 10/08/08

Quote:
Here ya go...

OEM_galarm_v0.7.4.....................g-alarm v0.7.4 w/windows alarm bug fix.
Hey rstoyguy,

How are ya? In the above quote, what "alarm bug fix" are you referring to and what is the fix? I've recently been having my alarm not go off intermittently since my last flash. I just downloaded this OEM to take a look at the .rgu in it to see if i notice anything in it.

Thanks buddy,

Vancer
Old 10-30-2008, 11:19 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Hey rstoyguy,

How are ya? In the above quote, what "alarm bug fix" are you referring to and what is the fix? I've recently been having my alarm not go off intermittently since my last flash. I just downloaded this OEM to take a look at the .rgu in it to see if i notice anything in it.

Thanks buddy,

Vancer
The "bug" was a couple of registry edits. Something to do with a time intervals if I remember right. They are included in the RGU. But yeah, stock or with ppckitchen, I can get my phone to wake up, but the alarm won't sound. Really haven't looked into it, and I haven't played with galarm enough to include it in my rom. It did work though. I had to dig at galarms website to find the "bug" and include it...if I remember right. Forgot my "don't-forget-it" alzheimer pills today.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

Quote:
The "bug" was a couple of registry edits. Something to do with a time intervals if I remember right. They are included in the RGU. But yeah, stock or with ppckitchen, I can get my phone to wake up, but the alarm won't sound. Really haven't looked into it, and I haven't played with galarm enough to include it in my rom. It did work though. I had to dig at galarms website to find the "bug" and include it...if I remember right. Forgot my "don't-forget-it" alzheimer pills today.
LOL,

Do you remember if the fix was this reg in the .rgu...?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\Timeouts]
"BattResumingSuspendTimeout"=dword:00000078
"ACResumingSuspendTimeout"=dword:00000078

... and if so, would this reg fix the bug if I'm having it with the stock alarm?

My dword value is set to 5 right now and i'm not using this galarm.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:08 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
LOL,

Do you remember if the fix was this reg in the .rgu...?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\Timeouts]
"BattResumingSuspendTimeout"=dword:00000078
"ACResumingSuspendTimeout"=dword:00000078

... and if so, would this reg fix the bug if I'm having it with the stock alarm?

My dword value is set to 5 right now and i'm not using this galarm.
All I can say is try it...And I did. And it worked!!! Thanks for bringing that up. And the decimal value for the above is 120. I'm gonna add that to my rom registry edits. Who needs pills when you have vancer to help ya remember!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
All I can say is try it...And I did. And it worked!!! Thanks for bringing that up. And the decimal value for the above is 120. I'm gonna add that to my rom registry edits. Who needs pills when you have vancer to help ya remember!
Too funny,

Hey just found something else that i feel kinda like a jackass for not thinking of this...

The problem only seems to occur when the damn thing is plugged in overnight which is indicative of the reg edit having to do with suspend resuming, so....

The fix i found said to simply go into the advanced power settings and uncheck the "turn off in xx mins" when on external power. Of course i haven't been back to bed and slept overnight yet today (hehe) to try it out but it sure makes sense that it would work. Who needs the damn thing to suspend anyway when it''s pluged into a charger!! (screen still goes blank anyhow)

Why didn't we think of that!!! hehe

Later

Last edited by Vancer; 10-30-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development