View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 09:11 AM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 10/21/08

This post is....not complete...But close! It's just a template so I can throw together a...

How-To create your own theme for my m2d megapack
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

GUID Notes:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ca749e48-9ef9-4e2b-8359-304100281
..................thru............................ ....
ca749e48-9ef9-4e2b-8359-304100281819

The above GUIDs are used within this MegaPack. 800 is the main OEM, and 801 - 819 are in use by what I have already. So come up with a unique number say starting at 850 - 899 if you are compelled to share yours with the community. I encourage sharing!

Files of Interest:
HTCHomeSettings.xml - diplay settings
hh_*.* - Theme files.
Theme.m2dct - A zip archive containing a M2D Customizer Theme.

Here's how to:
1. Copy one of my premade themes to a different directory and rename it. You want to rename both the directory name and the name inside the OEM's option.xml
<Item name="MegaPack_Manilla2d_Skin1_OriginalBlack" group="Apps_rstg_M2D" checked="True">

2. Rename the 3 GUID's to 850 +.
--a - DSM file
--b - RGU file
--c - Inside option.xml file for buildos
<Guid type="p">ca749e48-9ef9-4e2b-8359-304100281801</Guid>

The last three numbers is all you want to change here....Remember the GUID notes above, and yes, THEY ALL MUST BE THE SAME GUID!

3. Take your existing theme and copy just the hh_*.* files into the OEM and overwrite any duplicates.

4. DO NOT COPY THE FILE HTCHomeSettings.xml. I used the same one for all these themes and a few others I have and it works just fine! This is in most of the M2D Customizer themes, but they are incomplete, as the customizer just imports portions of this file!!!!

How to process .m2dct Files
m2d_Theme.m2dct - M2D Customizer Theme
To process these type of themes:
1. Rename file to m2d_Theme.zip (yep, it's just a regular ol' archive)
2. Unarchive normally to it's own directory.
3. Now copy all the hh_*.* files into your new OEM.
--Remember to skip the HTCHomeSettings.xml file!!!
-- You can also skip the preview.jpg file, it's there for M2DC.

Notes & Comments
This has worked on all themes I have seen, I do not guarantee this to work on all themes. So if you have a theme that you have been using for a while and it is not compatible with M2DC, now it is.

I'll clean up this post over the next couple days to add more accurate content and link to it so it can be found later in life.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 10-30-2008 at 09:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.