PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

homamk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
My wife and I tried three stores in Philadelphia suburbs and I didn't have any luck. The best luck was one that my wife went to one and the TP2 was on the list of replacements but when the tech tried to select it, the system said it was back ordered. By the time I got to the store a few hours later the TP2 wasn't even showing as a valid replacement anymore. The tech guessed that maybe Sprint only authorized x number of each model (BB Tour, Curve, Treo Pro, etc) as a replacement for the TP and we've exhausted the TP2's. He said he'll keep trying for us, he understood what we were trying, but was cool about it. I'm worried we might have missed the window.

oh i reallllly hope thats not the case. if sprint found out that there is just too many people trying to get the touch pro 2 and pulled it out as a replacement, THAT WOULD SUCK! cause i tried again this MORNING and they were out of stock, and told me to try again, im afrid ima call tomrow and theyll say oh thats not an option anymore.
i really hope this works out, to me it seems like its too good to be true. never thought sprint would do soemthing like this. oh well ill keep trying until it works or it cant be done and i guess than ill stick to my touch pro replacement
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gxip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Success! I went into my repair center in Charlotte, NC. I told them I was having keyboard issues again (this is my third touch pro) and they recognized me as having had trouble before. I sat down and the first thing the guy said was that they could give me a treo pro or a snap. I said no, neither of those phones will work for me. I told him I was told that a Touch Pro2 would be a comparable replacement when I called and talked to someone. At first he told me that there was no way they could do that because they didn't have it yet. I asked him to order it.

I sat there for about five minutes and he asked someone else something and then asked what my address was. He printed out a receipt and said that he had ordered me a Touch Pro2 and it would be at my house next week. Now I just have to wait.

The best part? They never even looked at my phone.

Nice, wish I had the same luck. Went in with my refurbished phone (stock) keeps locking up and wasn't receiving any calls. The tech told me there was nothing he could do about the phone that it seemed to be working now. I explained about the issues I was having before and how I'm having them now with this refurbished that I got 3 days ago. Then told him about the memo and he told me the most he could do was exchange it for an htc snap.
I proceeded to tell him about the touch pro 2 and how I would prefer a phone of equal or greater quality. Then I was denied. I was given back my phone, I left the store, and then spent 2 1/2 hours talking to 4 CSRs to fix the incoming calls issue. Again I decided to ask about the touch pro 2 but I was told that it was impossible that that was just an offer in may (what!?).
I'm going to keep trying whenever issues appear on the phone even if it means getting more refurbs TPs. Anyone from PR with any luck?
Old 10-12-2009, 09:50 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Sprint probably won't take this off as an option. I don't think they can to be honest. I can see why they are doing it and if they are wanting to proactively get people out of the TP due to repair costs then they aren't going to offer just BB's and the Treo Pro, I mean they are probably obligated to offer the TP2 and they can't take it back once they've put it out their. It just won't fly. I mean how many people on this site alone have been "promised" a TP2 and had notes on their account to get a TP2 when they become available!!? If they pull it then they will have a HUGE mess on their hands with these situations... So I wouldn't sweat it, just try and be patient, and I know it's hard, but it will come. It may take a few weeks to completely pan out but it will come.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout

I will try again on Wednesday (but its likely I will try tomorrow since I'm so damn eager...)
Old 10-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I dropped off my TP tonight and had it replaced with a TP2. Its a shame that there are so many different stories taking place here. Mine was ordered early Saturday afternoon and was expecting it Tuesday, but my Sprint store sent me a text telling me its in the house. I did get to play with a Hero while I was waiting for them to set my phone up. The Hero is a very nice looking phone and has a nice setup going for it. Although I was more impressed with the Palm Pre video I was watching which showed some serious multitasking with a screen to switch processes.

Anyway, yeah go to the ASC (one with a repair center) to get the hookup. Don't bother with the phone cause they don't seem to care. Make sure the person helping you in store is not a d*ck. Be nice and let them know the other devices aren't an option, and neither is a replacement TP.

For the record my TP did have issues. It would lock up at times, overheated a lot and the chrome was cracked by the arrow key. They couldn't deny the overheating since my back cover turned color from all the heat. And the TP 2 is BNIB... Box included....

Sprint is back on my good side for addressing my concerns.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0fell0w View Post
are the blackberry tours any good? b/c when the lady told me they were out of stock of TP2 i said just do the tour.. if they aint any good ill just tell her to send it back and order me a tp2
Have fun trying to do that. You don't get 30 days with the tour.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
Have fun trying to do that. You don't get 30 days with the tour.
word. the tour is a really good phone tho, its very stable and much faster than the curve. but either way, its a BB. the hero is sick tho! all i know is, yes some people have successfully been swapped into TP2's, but right now their OOS. not backordered, but OOS. so your luck of getting a TP2 is minimal if at all right now, just give it some time, give it a couple weeks. but i recommend going to the service centers tho, they can do more with you and are smarter than they tech support people, tech support = jerk, jerk, splurg!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post
Well I dropped off my TP tonight and had it replaced with a TP2. Its a shame that there are so many different stories taking place here. Mine was ordered early Saturday afternoon and was expecting it Tuesday, but my Sprint store sent me a text telling me its in the house. I did get to play with a Hero while I was waiting for them to set my phone up. The Hero is a very nice looking phone and has a nice setup going for it. Although I was more impressed with the Palm Pre video I was watching which showed some serious multitasking with a screen to switch processes.

Anyway, yeah go to the ASC (one with a repair center) to get the hookup. Don't bother with the phone cause they don't seem to care. Make sure the person helping you in store is not a d*ck. Be nice and let them know the other devices aren't an option, and neither is a replacement TP.

For the record my TP did have issues. It would lock up at times, overheated a lot and the chrome was cracked by the arrow key. They couldn't deny the overheating since my back cover turned color from all the heat. And the TP 2 is BNIB... Box included....

Sprint is back on my good side for addressing my concerns.

You are so true! I have a great rep @ a ACS and on Oct 17th ( NYC ) I am going to get my TP2. Brand New Spanking one.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Everyone, please relax! Please refrain from swearing, name calling, hitting, knifing, sniping, food throwing, etc.

You know what I like to watch when things get a bit wild in threads like these? THIS video! *hint hint*

Consider this a friendly warning
-Saumaun
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Everyone, please relax! Please refrain from swearing, name calling, hitting, knifing, sniping, food throwing, etc.

You know what I like to watch when things get a bit wild in threads like these? THIS video! *hint hint*

Consider this a friendly warning
-Saumaun
LOL @ RESPECT! Damn not even food throwing..Damn!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro