PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesbeebe View Post
So what options are there now if you want a TP(non-verizon model) running on verizon?
Got to get a tech that actually knows how to do it. It is not something they are told how to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesbeebe View Post
I sure hope they have learned their lesson when releasing smartphones with sub-par specs.
You an me both....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWGP View Post
I have a question I think I already know the answer to. But I want to be 100% sure before I do it. I have a Sprint TP on Verizon's network that has worked great. I want to change the rom again, since I won't be using *228 option 3, only option 1 or whaterver it is, this will not effect me in any way? As long as I never activate another phone on their system my service will not be lost?
Quote:
No it doesn't show a TP online... . How often does this happen, is it something I need to be worried about. BTW I flashed a new rom and it worked out fine entering all my info through QPST.
You should be ok to do option 1. AS allready mentioned, since your device is not loaded in the DMD as an actually TP, as long as you don't switch to another device you should be fine. I'd still work on finding someone in tech support that can get it loaded in the DMD to be on the safe side. If VZW determines all these "unknown" devices to be detrimental, they may force it off. I don't think this will happen, but it could.

Quote:
Also, I have my HA and AAA codes saved, so if I lose them I can just reenter them?
Allthough I have heard mixed reports on this, this shouldn't work if you are actually switching to another device as the keys are reset when there is an ESN change to avoid being able to use the same keys in another device. Just heads up, don't think it will work.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael / Vogue / Rhodium W
Carrier: Vzw

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

BUMP

Ok, I just bought a Sprint Touch Pro from a seller, called verizon and they gave me the whole crap about "OH sorry that doesn't work with our network " typical bs. So I went home and flashed the Verizon Stock rom and and Verizon Radio to my Sprint touch pro.(***WARNING**** DO NOT FLASH THE VERIZON SPL TO YOUR SPRINT TP, IT WILL ERASE THE IMEI# FROM YOUR PHONE AND WILL KEEP THE VERIZON NETWORK FROM BEING ABLE TO SEE YOUR PHONE, I DID THIS AND HAD TO MANUALLY EDIT MY PHONE NVR TO THE IMEI # AGAIN BEFORE ANYTHING WOULD WORK) *228 dials and works so I know I am connected to verizon. Next step: I load up QSPT and copy over the ERI file and the UMD file to the sprint, I checked and changed all the settings in ESPT compared to my verizon TP. Tried to activate and it still wouldnt work. *228 options 1 thru 3 still not working.

I called verizon tech support (***IMPORTANT*** DO NOT CALL REGULAR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! CALL THIS NUMBER: 1-800-922-0204 AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS FOR TECH SUPPORT UNTIL YOU GET TO TECH SUPPORT FOR BLACKBERRY AND OTHER PDAs) I complained that my "Alltel" TP (*wink* which is really a Sprint, I did this because they constantly fought me as soon as they heard the word sprint) wasnt activating and that I needed to have this phone on my plan, and that the IMEI was not showing up to activate, for some reason. I also told her that the phone was 100% compatible as a verizon tech (*wink* hehe) Flashed all the verizon software to the phone and said I need to call tech support to add the IMEI to the database. The tech immediately asked me for the IMEI (hex, not DEC) # and she said it would take up to 24hrs. for the Database to be updated, I am waiting for the confirmation call and I am constantly trying to activate the Sprint phone.

I will post here with an update should everything work... or not work. We may have a new backdoor gentlemen.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Good luck to you, but I'll be VERY surprised if that works......

~John
Old 04-29-2009, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehx View Post
BUMP

Ok, I just bought a Sprint Touch Pro from a seller, called verizon and they gave me the whole crap about "OH sorry that doesn't work with our network " typical bs. So I went home and flashed the Verizon Stock rom and and Verizon Radio to my Sprint touch pro.(***WARNING**** DO NOT FLASH THE VERIZON SPL TO YOUR SPRINT TP, IT WILL ERASE THE IMEI# FROM YOUR PHONE AND WILL KEEP THE VERIZON NETWORK FROM BEING ABLE TO SEE YOUR PHONE, I DID THIS AND HAD TO MANUALLY EDIT MY PHONE NVR TO THE IMEI # AGAIN BEFORE ANYTHING WOULD WORK) *228 dials and works so I know I am connected to verizon. Next step: I load up QSPT and copy over the ERI file and the UMD file to the sprint, I checked and changed all the settings in ESPT compared to my verizon TP. Tried to activate and it still wouldnt work. *228 options 1 thru 3 still not working.

I called verizon tech support (***IMPORTANT*** DO NOT CALL REGULAR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! CALL THIS NUMBER: 1-800-922-0204 AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS FOR TECH SUPPORT UNTIL YOU GET TO TECH SUPPORT FOR BLACKBERRY AND OTHER PDAs) I complained that my "Alltel" TP (*wink* which is really a Sprint, I did this because they constantly fought me as soon as they heard the word sprint) wasnt activating and that I needed to have this phone on my plan, and that the IMEI was not showing up to activate, for some reason. I also told her that the phone was 100% compatible as a verizon tech (*wink* hehe) Flashed all the verizon software to the phone and said I need to call tech support to add the IMEI to the database. The tech immediately asked me for the IMEI (hex, not DEC) # and she said it would take up to 24hrs. for the Database to be updated, I am waiting for the confirmation call and I am constantly trying to activate the Sprint phone.

I will post here with an update should everything work... or not work. We may have a new backdoor gentlemen.
I think you are mistaking the "MEID" for the IMEI. In any event, once it is loaded you will have to actually activate it before *228 will work. If you allready have a diff pda on your line thn option 3 will work once it is loaded but until then, or using either of the other options, it is a waste of time and effort. Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizonnn

charlesbeebe is a n00b

So, what did you find out dehx?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yes, any news?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizonnn

charlesbeebe is a n00b

I have a feeling that no news is bad news this time.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
I think you are mistaking the "MEID" for the IMEI. In any event, once it is loaded you will have to actually activate it before *228 will work. If you allready have a diff pda on your line thn option 3 will work once it is loaded but until then, or using either of the other options, it is a waste of time and effort. Let us know how it goes.
considering flashing a vzw spl may brick your device how did the device get unbricked and is the MEID wiped from the tpro memory? that's actually an important question

verizon spl unlock on a sprint I assumed it would lead to instant bricking...
Old 05-01-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

I too just had a similar convo has Dehx last night. I took the polite and alltel approch as well. It wasn't difficult at all really. The tech actually said that she will need to add the MEID to their DMD (so she knew what she was doing). She said it usually only takes about 48 hours, but no more than 5 business days. She explained that I will receive a call in 72 hours with the confirmation and also gave me a ticket# for reference if i want to call to follow up. Fingers crossed....

If it does pan out, would someone care to help a bit with the process? I know Jmorton is a veteran Sprint/VZW pro swapper. I have already unlocked, and flashed the Sp TP to the VZW ROM. I have a VZW 6850 currently activated as well as a non-activated VX6900. ( I believe i need to obtain info from one of these devices using a 3rd party program?? something about AAA keys, and HHH keys?? ) Anyone mind helping a guy out?

Much thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

sdimezq8 is a n00b

Are there any esn changing options for the Sprint Touch Pro? cdma-WS lets me see the esn, ive tried to change it to my current Verizon Touch esn but it will not take the write to command. Should i be trying to change the meid instead? Also anyone know if i need the verizon radio and or rom before doing the esn change? I would like to help make this possible for everyone. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro