PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 06:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

teddat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Throttling evdo on touch pro

Been using my sprint TP for a month now and everything is pretty good except evdo throughput speeds are less than stellar compared to my mogul.

same location, same bandwidth testing via tethering, mogul used to get 1500-2000kbps down and 400 up.

with the Touch Pro i can't seem to ever exceed 1100-1200kbps down and 400 up.

can anyone else with both phones comment?

thanks! in bayarea california.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Throttling evdo on touch pro

I can confirm this. Haven't broken 1100 down or 300 up on the TP, but my Mogul was hitting 1300 down and always over 400 up. Im near Seattle.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Anyone tried editing the max connections settings? What about TCP window size?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've messed with max connections when im in the opera;config, i was under the impression that it only changed the max connections as per max tabs, so i always set those up the same, no problem there with 10 tabs 10 max connections
Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Are you guys on stock? Using the same program? Maybe in the EPST.... this concerns me....

Old 01-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop

I have exceeded 1500 a couple times driving around Michigan. What concerns me right now, is that while streaming music/video, or often times while downloading larger files - the EVDO kicks out and I get 1X service until I stop the download/stream etc. and let the connection idle for a bit. Anybody else experience that?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

You maybe receiving a text or something...
Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

teddat is just getting started

i also have been kicked off evdo once in a while say streaming youtube and it goes to 1x and stays 1x until i restart.

yes, stock sprint rom, i use speedtest.net and speakeasy in the evening hours atleast a dozen times on different nights in the same location.

It is troubling to think with a newer device and faster processor, that sprint is limiting throughput on TP but not Moguls?? I've since sold my mogul so i can do back to back testing.

I'd say on average, im down a good 600kbps compared to my mogul's speed tests.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:48 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

This was my tethered result from home, with my crappy 1 bar of coverage

I have no idea why it thought I was in Kansas.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
This was my tethered result from home, with my crappy 1 bar of coverage

I have no idea why it thought I was in Kansas.
Your IP was based out of Sprint's Kansas operations. I've usually been told the same. I think only once was the city somewhere else.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro