PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Best Buy deal and date

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
my comments are about bb the company.just to get off topic:i wanted a ps2 in 2001 when they were hard to get.the guy @ bb said they didn't have any unless i bought a stand,2nd controller,and a 2 yr psp and maybe he could find one in the back.he also stated that if it broke down "just bring it in and you will get another one on the spot.we both know that's a lie.i have a cell phone from bb with a 2 yr psp and before you could take it to the store for an exchange.now they want you to go to a sprint store,get a work order saying the phone doesn't work,take that back to bb,then call an 800 number to have your phone FIXED,not replaced.but no bb employee said any of that.they just wanted the sale.btw,the instinct is $599.99 at bb.
Those points are irrelevant to the topic, though. As for the PS2 sales, this was, indeed, a tactic they used for quite a while on hard-to-get game systems. They make no profit on the system and sell them in hopes of selling you accessories and games. After the fiasco the stores created by forcing bundle purchases of 360s, Best Buy fired a large number of managers and has ceased to allow the practice. Keep in mind, the practice was the fault of Best Buy, and not the managers who were merely trying to make the corporation happy by keeping their numbers up, but the point remains the same: That practice is no longer allowed.

As for the PRP (game consoles get PRPs, phones and other types of devices get PSPs), with those you actually DO bring it into the store and they give you a store credit for the price of the item on the spot which you generally use to buy yourself a new one. PSPs require service, but generally the stores don't bother to service certain types of items and instead replace them. Things like phones they will ship you a refurbished (or new if refurb's not available) replacement for in exchange for your old one, as it's nearly impossible for them to repair a phone. That said, insurance from the carrier's generally a better deal.

But your complaints don't take into account changes in policy. Not saying it's not unfair when they change the policy, but the employee didn't necessarily lie to you. When I bought a PSP on my old phone, that WAS the policy. I could bring it in any time and they'd swap it out on the spot. Problem was the Geek Squad would do this for the store employees and their friends without even inspecting the phones. BB lost large amounts of money on the deal and had to switch to an impartial call center system. The change went into effect a month before my phone broke. Sucked, but in the end they replaced it with the newer model in brand new condition. Took a little longer, but I was happy.

And yes, I know that's the price of the Instinct. I was saying I'm not sure what MSRP is, as the other two prices you quoted were surprisingly correct, considering how Best Buy likes to jack up everything else in the store between $.50 and $8 or so above MSRP. It's pricing practices like that, and the cost of things like USB cables, that pisses me off. And the way they hide discounts they get from the manufacturer in order to make themselves look like the good guys. Epson has instant rebates on several of their printers that are available constantly. But Best Buy will absorb the rebate as profit and instead choose to put the printer "on sale" every two or three weeks for the value of the instant rebate they're getting credit for on every single sale. Can you say sneaky and deceptive?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Timeless
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Any BB employees can clarify the terms on this deal that says "or a 2-year agreement for qualified existing customers" . How do I know if I qualify to receive the 20% discount? My phone is less than 1 year old.
This is where I'm suspicious. I'm wondering if it requires that you've had your phone more than 22 months, which means they're taking the $150 instant rebate Sprint gives you and then giving you only 20% off instead. If that's the case, it's a terrible deal.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

i work at best buy in the mobile department yall, and im going to be honest.. im not too sure that the touch pro will launch with us before sprint.. not saying i dont want it to, i been waiting urgently just like the rest of you, hell i used to work for sprint so i know the ins and outs of both companies.. as of right now, i havent gotten or seen any indications or e-mails stating that we will carry the touch pro anytime soon. BUT im not counting it out 100 percent at all, just dont give your hopes up completely like most people always do.. i will most definately post as soon as i find out more info on it. i been lookin around for the quickest way to get my hands on the phone myself but who knows whats going to happen right now.. ill keep in touch and def will post immediately after i find out for sure

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
This is where I'm suspicious. I'm wondering if it requires that you've had your phone more than 22 months, which means they're taking the $150 instant rebate Sprint gives you and then giving you only 20% off instead. If that's the case, it's a terrible deal.
it just means you get the 20 percent discount along with the 150 sprint takes off... so chillax
Old 10-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
it just means you get the 20 percent discount along with the 150 sprint takes off... so chillax
So do you know if someone with a phone less than a year old will qualify for 20% off?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

nunyabiziz is just getting started

You have to sign/renew a 2year argeement to get the 20%. As it looks right now the touch pro will be released after the deal has expired.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Timeless
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
And your evidence of this comes from... where? I don't mean to be rude, but you're not giving any reason for your interpretation of this. I have enough experience with Best Buy's pricing tricks to have good foundation for this concern. You MAY be right, and I'm HOPING you're right, but do you have information not contained on their advertisement that proves they're not just being as sneaky as they usually are?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite4801 View Post
Not to tell you that you are wrong but unfortunately you are. The product replacement plan that you purchased on your PS2 does give you a replacement on the SPOT. No service necessary. Now I can easily believe that you maybe brought it in and you weren't helped like you should have been.(I have seen it at way to many stores)

Sorry this is a little off topic, but I get sick of people bashing a company when they don't even know what the plan that they bought covers.
sorry friend but you are wrong.bb only recently allowed exchanges of ps2s' at the store.trust me i've had five and the last four a call had to be made to an 800 number,a packing slip mailed out,ps2 mailed back,and a gift card for the amount mailed back to you.as far the phone goes(back on topic),there's a difference between a psp and prp.again,i don't trust bb.i gave you props for the good info.all i said was i don't trust them.your original comment was the extra rebates on the phones.having dealt with them,the price will be hiked up way past what sprint charges.that's why i included the prices of some phones.but hey,you go to bb and i hope they give you a heck of a deal.i'm going to sprint where i'll get the pro for an even exchange for my touch.

Last edited by Dr.8820; 10-09-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Bold 9700
Carrier: At&t

bwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
sorry friend but you are wrong.bb only recently allowed exchanges of ps2s' at the store.trust me i've had five and the last four a call had to be made to an 800 number,a packing slip mailed out,ps2 mailed back,and a gift card for the amount mailed back to you.as far the phone goes(back on topic),there's a difference between a psp and prp.again,i don't trust bb.
Sorry I work there, manage there, trust me I understand our polices on prp's. Back to the business at hand. I checked today and I have yet to find a sku for the sprint touch pro in our system. (RSS) However the diamond has been in the system for quite some time now. (this has already been discussed on another forum before)

Old 10-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite4801 View Post
Sorry I work there, manage there, trust me I understand our polices on prp's. Back to the business at hand. I checked today and I have yet to find a sku for the sprint touch pro in our system. (RSS) However the diamond has been in the system for quite some time now. (this has already been discussed on another forum before)
did you read the post?someone else said the pro is coming to bb.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro