PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DropZone9540 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

just installed the android to play around and I love it! seem to get most of the stuff I use on a daily basis working on sprint. great work!
Old 02-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint

biodtl is a n00b

Pretty good for me so far in the past 24 hours. Very impressive.

The only issue I have had so far is that it did not come back on after i let it sit for a couple hours (plugged in). I had too pull the battery.

The call&roid script almost works for me. It does everything but actually 'talk' the call. I see it select Voicemail and then launch android, but it doesn't place the call after selecting (or typing) Voicemail. Maybe its the ROM I am using, dcd hermann 2.34. Minor thing though, and not android related so i'm not sweating it.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:07 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thats what happens to me sometimes
Old 02-16-2010, 04:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA (MR5)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Tekzel is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Tekzel Send a message via MSN to Tekzel

I tried it out, and it is very cool. This is the first time I have been able to really play around with Android and I do like it a LOT.

I tried calling voicemail and then launching Android, but when I called someone they couldn't hear me still.

Second, and most problematic, none of the buttons worked except the call button. When I called voicemail from Android I couldn't hang up. I couldn't access the menu by pressing the top left button, and I couldn't hit the back button to return anywhere. For instance, in calendar, when I drilled down to a day, I was pretty much stuck there. I could press the power button to return to the desktop though.

All in all, a very promising development, and I have HIGH hopes that one day I can flash a full ROM with only Android to my TP.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

daprospecta is a n00b

Anybody got sprint tv or nfl network to work on android? I think I can run this full time because I only use bluetooth when i work out for my headphones and gps when i travel and rebooting is no problem but I would like to run sprint tv though.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint

biodtl is a n00b

I did have this same button issue as Tekzel when I first ran it. After a clean rom install and clear sd card (and the resulting reboots) it resolved itself.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

also if you have having button problems, try running the 2/9 version. on the 2/14 version, all that was changed was the button mapping (allows you to switch some buttons, have to add text to the startup.txt file) so that could be a cause for some buttons not working right.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:07 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone else has this small bug/issue but when using the Youtube App - sound only plays sometimes. But will always play via Ringer/Sounde Effects/Pandora , but it is hit or miss with Youtube app.

Not sure if everyone has the the App since it has been excluded in these recent stripped builds. So I'll include it on here. You'll need to install it on the SD (Your Windows- SD Card/My Documents folder will do just fine.

*un-zip/rar and store Youtube.apk on SD card*
(Probably easiest to do while sync in Windows Mobile or using pocket RAR in Windows Mobile)

They start android and in settings enable loading 3rd party apps from the SD-card (Other than Market) and use Astro or OI (both are for File Management). And then install.

I've tried looking at the kernel and trying to enable GPS and The Camera, but between school and work - I may not be making a breakthrough anytime soon. Also, I would like to enable sync'ing via USB while in Android without everything going haywire - but that may not be possible. Anyways, here is the Youtube app.
Attached Files
File Type: rar YouTube.rar (167.3 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregjuice View Post
same here with alltel. the speed of this thing puts 6.5 to shame, i hope to live to see the day that android is all i ever use...
Is your data working? I am re-installing android because my Data would not work at all. If yours is are you using the Android APN?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started

I also realized (after re-installing the 2/14 version) that Wifi connects, at least it says its connected..but doesn't actually work. It shows the Wifi symbol and the bars, but its not actually connected. And Data is still not workin for me. This prevents from even getting to the Market because I can't sign into Google for the Set Up. I'd really like to get this to work..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux