PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Ok, here is my big big question on the going from windows to andriod thing...

I use Outlook for my calendar, task, contacts..etc, so down the road once I use Andriod, which I will, do I need to remove ALL my contacts from gmail first so when I sync my contacts from my outlook, they will transfer smoothly to gmail with my contact id? I guess all my calendar stuff will just transfer over google calendar, but my main concern will be my contacts. Plus I use my cableone email as my main email provider. I guess I can pop3 that email address too in Andriod, right? Sorry if this is a rediculous question, however its been in the back of my head for some time now, but love the new Andriod better than windows, hands down.

thanks

not sure if this touches on what your looking for but whenever i install android, i put in my outlook settings and it syncs my email/calendar/contacts right into android.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Sorry you've had such trouble. To make sure, you did delete your data.img, redownload the RAPH800 xdandroid package from this thread, and start fresh? I don't know why wifi would still be giving you trouble. I'm not at all surprised with having trouble on cdma data, though. It remains spotty for lots of people (I dare say the majority of non-Sprint users).
I posted a few posts back about the Wifi. It says its connected and everything. When I go to the browser it sits there for a couple minutes loading, and then goes to the "you do not have an internet connection" page. I've tried everything that I could think of to get it working. And yes, I re-downloaded 3 different times and still no luck.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

Not sure if this will help or not, but there was talk along the lines before that it only 'accepts' one connection at a time, WiFi or 3G. Try deleting or reverting all the APN's to default and see if that helps? I will try to find the .apk for a WiFi status app I use and see if that helps any. I know it is most likely worse for you, but this is driving me crazy. Troubleshooting Linux network problems isn't as easy for me as in Windows, sorry.

Last edited by chrialex; 02-17-2010 at 08:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh trust me, I'm open to all advice! I'm willing to try anything, but I just couldn't with the terminal because I don't have data to get to market. I'll try to delete all the APN's and then restore to default. Is that what you mean?

Edit: When I restore the APN to default (after I deleted the Android APN) it restores the APN to nothing. There are no available APN's to select so should I create a new Android APN?

Last edited by xxmillertimexx; 02-17-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:24 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmillertimexx View Post
I posted a few posts back about the Wifi. It says its connected and everything. When I go to the browser it sits there for a couple minutes loading, and then goes to the "you do not have an internet connection" page. I've tried everything that I could think of to get it working. And yes, I re-downloaded 3 different times and still no luck.
Ugh. Sorry. I guess I've gotten a little overwhelmed here.

If you want to give it some more attention, you could grab droid explorer (de.codeplex.com) -- it seems like the easiest way to get an adb shell. (i.e. you don't have to download the whole android sdk to get the adb tools). Start Android with the phone connected to activesync (before doing that, go into Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC and uncheck 'Enable Advanced Network Functionality').

From there, it should connect to your phone. A lot of the functions don't work, but you can at least go to the Tools menu (I think), Plugins (I think) and start a console. From there, you can do run 'ifconfig' to see if your wifi is getting an IP address, you can try pinging things on your local network, etc.

If you can't/don't want to try to get droid explorer working, I just downloaded and extracted a terminal emulator program. Unzip it and stick it in your AndroidApps folder, and it should install on boot. You can 'su' and then run all those command line tools from it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Terminal.zip (41.5 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks Makkonen. I really appreciate all your help.

Urghh, another thing. None of the games/apps show up that are on my SDCard. They showed up before..idk why they wouldn't now.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b

is it me or the browser is running slower then 3g speeds? an um can i gloss out the bars an start tweaking some stuff yet is it possible it seemingly stable enuff to pimp it out lol
Old 02-17-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks Makkonen. I really appreciate all your help.

Urghh, another thing. None of the games/apps show up that are on my SDCard. They showed up before..idk why they wouldn't now.
Do you mean the ones in the AndroidApps folder? If you did a fresh build, you will have to move them out of their subfolders again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah I installed a new build. You mean I take every app and put it in the root of the SD card of leave them in AndroidApps?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yeah I installed a new build. You mean I take every app and put it in the root of the SD card of leave them in AndroidApps?
No, the .apk files in the subfolders inside AndroidApps get moved out of the subfolders into the the main part of the AndroidApps folder. Then the next time you boot, they should be installed.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux