PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 08:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

Gilliland is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any reason why I shouldn't buy a TP2?

I'm starting to think about replacing my Mogul with a TP2 from Sprint (if I can find a decent price anyway). But after seeing a few mentions of TP2 issues, I thought it might be a good idea to check and see if there were any significant problems with some of the software that I would need to migrate from the Mogul to the TP2:

1) iGuidance
2) GPSGate v2.6 (which is needed on the Mogul to allow iGuidance to work)
3) PDANet
4) SOTI PocketController Pro
5) MusicID

This is the software that I use most on the Mogul. But if there are other known and troublesome software problems on the TP2, please share those as well.

Another thing I'd be worried about is Bluetooth. I've seen a couple of mentions of TP2 Bluetooth problems. My biggest concern would be to make sure that my Motorola stereo BT headset works properly, as I use that for nearly all of my calls.

I've already seen the thread covering things like dead pixels and/or troublesome keyboards. If I run into those, I can always arrange an exchange. But if there are other hardware/software problems that can't readily be solved by swapping phones, please mention those as well.

Thanks in advance for the consultation!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
Re: Any reason why I shouldn't buy a TP2?

Illegal aliens are the only reason I would consider not buying this phone.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

that and no custom roms yet
Old 10-07-2009, 09:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post

Another thing I'd be worried about is Bluetooth. I've seen a couple of mentions of TP2 Bluetooth problems. My biggest concern would be to make sure that my Motorola stereo BT headset works properly, as I use that for nearly all of my calls.
I use a Motorola S9-HD stereo BT headset everyday at work with my Verizon TP2, it works just fine.

~John
Old 10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
Illegal aliens are the only reason I would consider not buying this phone.
^this

That, and well the price scared me off at first....but I got it for $199 so its all good now
Old 10-07-2009, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Unless your waiting for hell to freeze over, great phone if you can get it for a good price.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

the only reason why i dont have the phone yet is because im waiting for verizon to take over this area and then i can get the phone without (hopefully) having to change my plan at all.

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 10-07-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

only reason to wait is if the hd2 comes to sprint early next year.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
I'm starting to think about replacing my Mogul with a TP2 from Sprint (if I can find a decent price anyway). But after seeing a few mentions of TP2 issues, I thought it might be a good idea to check and see if there were any significant problems with some of the software that I would need to migrate from the Mogul to the TP2:

1) iGuidance
2) GPSGate v2.6 (which is needed on the Mogul to allow iGuidance to work)
3) PDANet
4) SOTI PocketController Pro
5) MusicID

This is the software that I use most on the Mogul. But if there are other known and troublesome software problems on the TP2, please share those as well.

I've already seen the thread covering things like dead pixels and/or troublesome keyboards. If I run into those, I can always arrange an exchange. But if there are other hardware/software problems that can't readily be solved by swapping phones, please mention those as well.

Thanks in advance for the consultation!

To try and answer you questions about the programs you can add those typw.As for pda net there are better apps for wifi etc...

If you do this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=491

will be your friend
Old 10-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buckrub58 is becoming a great contributor

One complaint I have is that all my friends and co-workers want to keep playing with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2