PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Any reason why I shouldn't buy a TP2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89258)

Gilliland 10-07-2009 08:51 AM

Any reason why I shouldn't buy a TP2?

I'm starting to think about replacing my Mogul with a TP2 from Sprint (if I can find a decent price anyway). But after seeing a few mentions of TP2 issues, I thought it might be a good idea to check and see if there were any significant problems with some of the software that I would need to migrate from the Mogul to the TP2:

1) iGuidance
2) GPSGate v2.6 (which is needed on the Mogul to allow iGuidance to work)
3) PDANet
4) SOTI PocketController Pro
5) MusicID

This is the software that I use most on the Mogul. But if there are other known and troublesome software problems on the TP2, please share those as well.

Another thing I'd be worried about is Bluetooth. I've seen a couple of mentions of TP2 Bluetooth problems. My biggest concern would be to make sure that my Motorola stereo BT headset works properly, as I use that for nearly all of my calls.

I've already seen the thread covering things like dead pixels and/or troublesome keyboards. If I run into those, I can always arrange an exchange. But if there are other hardware/software problems that can't readily be solved by swapping phones, please mention those as well.

Thanks in advance for the consultation!

ls3mach 10-07-2009 09:10 AM

Re: Any reason why I shouldn't buy a TP2?

Illegal aliens are the only reason I would consider not buying this phone.

Noir 10-07-2009 09:12 AM

that and no custom roms yet

jmorton10 10-07-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilliland (Post 1219486)

Another thing I'd be worried about is Bluetooth. I've seen a couple of mentions of TP2 Bluetooth problems. My biggest concern would be to make sure that my Motorola stereo BT headset works properly, as I use that for nearly all of my calls.

I use a Motorola S9-HD stereo BT headset everyday at work with my Verizon TP2, it works just fine.

~John

subzero1313 10-07-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls3mach (Post 1219506)
Illegal aliens are the only reason I would consider not buying this phone.

^this

That, and well the price scared me off at first....but I got it for $199 so its all good now

pimpsuprazx 10-07-2009 09:47 AM

Unless your waiting for hell to freeze over, great phone if you can get it for a good price.

psycho_maniac 10-07-2009 01:26 PM

the only reason why i dont have the phone yet is because im waiting for verizon to take over this area and then i can get the phone without (hopefully) having to change my plan at all.

orlandojumpoff 10-07-2009 01:49 PM

only reason to wait is if the hd2 comes to sprint early next year.

rdcrds 10-07-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilliland (Post 1219486)
I'm starting to think about replacing my Mogul with a TP2 from Sprint (if I can find a decent price anyway). But after seeing a few mentions of TP2 issues, I thought it might be a good idea to check and see if there were any significant problems with some of the software that I would need to migrate from the Mogul to the TP2:

1) iGuidance
2) GPSGate v2.6 (which is needed on the Mogul to allow iGuidance to work)
3) PDANet
4) SOTI PocketController Pro
5) MusicID

This is the software that I use most on the Mogul. But if there are other known and troublesome software problems on the TP2, please share those as well.

I've already seen the thread covering things like dead pixels and/or troublesome keyboards. If I run into those, I can always arrange an exchange. But if there are other hardware/software problems that can't readily be solved by swapping phones, please mention those as well.

Thanks in advance for the consultation!

To try and answer you questions about the programs you can add those typw.As for pda net there are better apps for wifi etc...

If you do this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=491

will be your friend

buckrub58 10-07-2009 02:21 PM

One complaint I have is that all my friends and co-workers want to keep playing with it.