PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any reason why I shouldn't buy a TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
the only reason why i dont have the phone yet is because im waiting for verizon to take over this area and then i can get the phone without ([b]hopefully[.b]) having to change my plan at all.
I was formerly with Alltel (bought by Verizon), and I was able to upgrade to the Touch Pro 2 online without changing my core smartchoice plan. I've heard they'll give you a lot of trouble over it in the stores if you try to keep your Alltel plan. You can't keep any add-ons to your plan though. I had to drop my $7.99 My Circle text messaging pack and pick up the comparable Verizon pack, which is $2.00 more a month. I can live with $24 a year extra for the Touch Pro 2.

And to the OP, I can't think of any reason not to pick up the Touch Pro 2. I'm enjoying it even more than I thought I would.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckrub58 View Post
One complaint I have is that all my friends and co-workers want to keep playing with it.
Try working in a store where every customer is asking about it and you dont have a demo available!!! UGH!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
I was formerly with Alltel (bought by Verizon), and I was able to upgrade to the Touch Pro 2 online without changing my core smartchoice plan. I've heard they'll give you a lot of trouble over it in the stores if you try to keep your Alltel plan. You can't keep any add-ons to your plan though. I had to drop my $7.99 My Circle text messaging pack and pick up the comparable Verizon pack, which is $2.00 more a month. I can live with $24 a year extra for the Touch Pro 2.
yeah but now i heard that they fixed the online problem so my only choice is to do it over the phone which i heard they will not give you as much of a hassle as in the stores. i might go in the store just so i can pick up the phone right there and if they make my change my plan im walking out.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Threadstarter

Gilliland is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
To try and answer you questions about the programs you can add those typw.As for pda net there are better apps for wifi etc...

If you do this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=491

will be your friend
Thanks. I'm a member at the XDA-Dev site, but I hadn't looked there yet. There doesn't seem to be any info on iGuidance or GPSGate there, though.

I use PDANet for tethering, and I like it because it is reliable and unobtrusive. Is it easy to tether through the TP2 without PDANet?

I don't know what you mean by "....you can add those typw." Is that a typo?

Last edited by Gilliland; 10-07-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
yeah but now i heard that they fixed the online problem so my only choice is to do it over the phone which i heard they will not give you as much of a hassle as in the stores. i might go in the store just so i can pick up the phone right there and if they make my change my plan im walking out.
I just did it online last Tuesday, so if they've changed it, it's just been in the past few days. After signing into my account and clicking on the option to upgrade my phone, it showed me which phones were compatible with my current (Alltel) plan.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I use a Motorola S9-HD stereo BT headset everyday at work with my Verizon TP2, it works just fine.

~John
Yea my s9-hd bt headset sounds awesome on my sprint touch pro 2.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
I just did it online last Tuesday, so if they've changed it, it's just been in the past few days. After signing into my account and clicking on the option to upgrade my phone, it showed me which phones were compatible with my current (Alltel) plan.
ahhh. i will try online when i get to login myverizon, which will be on the 19th of this month.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

I upgraded from the Mogul also. Can't comment on iGuidance as I never got it working properly. (But I didn't really try that hard.) The difference with the screen is phenominal, as is the response time. And I've yet to drop a call due to lack of memory or resources. I used to miss calls all the time on my Mogul if I was running any moderate to large apps. Granted I don't have many of my regular apps ported over yet, and for the moment I still carry both phones. (Do I really need that one over? Is there something that performs that function better? RSS Hub vs SPB Insight for example.)

When I tested it in the store, a T-mobile store.. lol I ran 12 or so apps, then tested incomming & outgoing calls, no hitches.

My only complaint is the sting of the price, complimented by price breaks shortly after. I'm still hopeing I can get a credit to price match, but I won't be returning it on that issue.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
Thanks. I'm a member at the XDA-Dev site, but I hadn't looked there yet. There doesn't seem to be any info on iGuidance or GPSGate there, though.

I use PDANet for tethering, and I like it because it is reliable and unobtrusive. Is it easy to tether through the TP2 without PDANet?

I don't know what you mean by "....you can add those typw." Is that a typo?

Well the ones that you do not find i ment you could find ones of that type like there are many others if pda net does not work.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Threadstarter

Gilliland is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliland View Post
I'm starting to think about replacing my Mogul with a TP2 from Sprint (if I can find a decent price anyway). But after seeing a few mentions of TP2 issues, I thought it might be a good idea to check and see if there were any significant problems with some of the software that I would need to migrate from the Mogul to the TP2....
Thanks to all for the help. I bought my TP2 this afternoon, and it should be in my hands by Monday.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2