PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: False water damage!?? WHAT DO I DO???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I don't know how they can drill about 50 holes in the back cover and then expect that moisture will not get in there.
The majority of those holes are covered, at least on the Sprint TP2.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
The majority of those holes are covered, at least on the Sprint TP2.
Oh that's right, I forgot there was a sticker or something underneath.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Now I know this wont help you now, but for future reference and for others to take this advice to prevent this type of false triggering in the future. I would suggest taking this preventative measure with your moisture sensors.

1- Cut a small piece of paper just a bit bigger than the size of the moisture sensor.
2- stick that to a piece of clear tape.(see pics)
3- Cut out around the paper leaving a little tape on each side of the paper.
4- Place the paper/tape over the sensor.
*never stick tape directly to the sensor because it will pull the sensor right off when you try to remove the tape!
Now you are left with a protected moisture sensor just in case something like this should ever happen to you!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_001.jpg (136.7 KB, 136 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_006.jpg (376.9 KB, 123 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 09-20-2009 at 04:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:25 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i havent read every post but try this.... tell them to open the phone, if it was wet from dropping in water it would still show inside... even if it dries you should be able to tell if it got wet.

im sure if you talk to them nice and ask to speak to a manager you should be helped... remember to stay calm... kill them with kindness

good luck

Old 09-20-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=junkiee;1180226]Yeah great idea!!! now that the OP has called telus and they probably have it on file that the water damage indicator has been tripped... that sounds like a great idea.[/QUOTE

Who is to say that the supposedly water damaged phone wasn't lost or stolen shortly thereafter. Sheer coincidence,it happens.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
i havent read every post but try this.... tell them to open the phone, if it was wet from dropping in water it would still show inside... even if it dries you should be able to tell if it got wet.

im sure if you talk to them nice and ask to speak to a manager you should be helped... remember to stay calm... kill them with kindness

good luck

They need to open the phone up for sure. Sad that they didn't do it in the first place but get on them to do so ASAP!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

OK... stupid question... but the white sticker with the red hash marks is a "normal" sticker, uneffected by water?

What do they look like when they get wet?
Old 09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball

Thanks for the advice, folks.

There are 3 stickers in total, one on the side of the phone, one right underneath the battery (behind a small plastic tab---to prevent us from protecting it i assume) and one on the battery itself. They turn red when set off. Only the one on the exterior of the phone is damaged... the two interior stickers are unaffected at all. This helps me in my argument I suppose.

I think my best bet is to go into the Telus store and speak to the manager. Kill him not with kindness, but with logic and reason. AND to remind him that I dropped 700 bucks at his location, and would likely continue to do so...

We shall see. Tuesday can't come quickly enough.

Last edited by banjoeball; 09-20-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpracer1 View Post
Looks like this.

That is what mine looks like and I can assure you that it has never been wet. Even the battery one looks like that too.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
OK... stupid question... but the white sticker with the red hash marks is a "normal" sticker, uneffected by water?

What do they look like when they get wet?

They turn all pinkish red...No white.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
false, indicator, telus, tp2, water damage