PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball
Thumbs down False water damage!?? WHAT DO I DO???

I am soooo screwed, guys.

You won't believe this story (and neither does Telus, which is the problem...)

My phone got stuck in a constant reset cycle. Doesn't turn on without a wall power supply, can't get into bootloader either. I just got the thing a month and a bit ago so I figured I'd take it back to Telus, get it replaced. However, before I did that I tried a hard-reset. (the finger olympics) didn't work, but after i tried, i noticed a terrible thing.....

I TRIGGERED THE WATER DAMAGE INDICATOR WITH MY SWEATY FINGER!!!

The indicator's right on the side of the device, RIIIGHHHT where my (sweaty) ring finger rested in the Hard-Reset position. I am soo angry.

SO, brought it to Telus, they say it's water-damaged, and my warranty's now void. i tell them my stupid story, and they don't give a flying poop. Call customer care, they say the same thing. It's a $700 brick and I'm furious.

I'll be calling HTC and complaining about the stupid design (and try to get them to believe me) and I'm setting up a meeting with the manager of the Telus store.

Help?

I really don't want to have a $700 paperweight. Could've bought a new banjo for that much.....
Old 09-20-2009, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Re: False water damage!?? WHAT DO I DO???

Put in a lost or stolen claim.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

good thinking on that one...............

Old 09-20-2009, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

junkiee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
Put in a lost or stolen claim.
Yeah great idea!!! now that the OP has called telus and they probably have it on file that the water damage indicator has been tripped... that sounds like a great idea.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:47 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

im with sprint, and i acually droped my tp1 in a very, very shallow puddle. literally just damp pavement. anyway, my indicator indicated and with my luck, my usb port went out a week and a half later. i took it to dprint, they just told me the outer indicator was not important. it just tells them to inspect a lil deeper. they opened it up, the inner one was fine, they replaced the phone as a manufacturer defective phone. im not sure about telus (was that who we were talking about?) but even with water damage, u can still get an insurance replacement for only the deductible if u have insurance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Someone one here received their phone with a bad water sticker (supposedly). I could see them getting triggered on a very damp/rainy day though, especially if you're outside a lot.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
im with sprint, and i acually droped my tp1 in a very, very shallow puddle. literally just damp pavement. anyway, my indicator indicated and with my luck, my usb port went out a week and a half later. i took it to dprint, they just told me the outer indicator was not important. it just tells them to inspect a lil deeper. they opened it up, the inner one was fine, they replaced the phone as a manufacturer defective phone. im not sure about telus (was that who we were talking about?) but even with water damage, u can still get an insurance replacement for only the deductible if u have insurance.
How many and where exactly are the water indicators located on the Sprint TP2's? I have a P Touch label machine in my office and I was thinking about covering up these water indicator strips with tiny pieces of those labels. They peel off easily so if I ever have an issue I can still return the phone to Sprint.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:15 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post
How many and where exactly are the water indicators located on the Sprint TP2's? I have a P Touch label machine in my office and I was thinking about covering up these water indicator strips with tiny pieces of those labels. They peel off easily so if I ever have an issue I can still return the phone to Sprint.
on the tp1 there were 3. one on the battery, one easily visible under the battery cover, and one inside. if its not real water damage or a false indication, i wouldnt worry about the one inside. i dant know about the ones on the tp2, as im waiting on mine in the mail. ill be happy as hell when it gets here too.
btw, the indicators are just stickers, as ive gotten insurance replacements w/o them. try to scrape it off with your thunb nail or something that wont scratch up the plastic. if theres any stickey residue under it left over, use a cotton swab with a lil alcohol on it. then take it in and play dumb as to why theres no sticker.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gpracer1 is keeping up the good workgpracer1 is keeping up the good work

Looks like this.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't know how they can drill about 50 holes in the back cover and then expect that moisture will not get in there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
false, indicator, telus, tp2, water damage