PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 06:25 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Sero Plan & TP2 orderers

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
to get that $100 mir, the phone has to be active on her account for 30 days, if you switch it off of her account you WILL NOT receive the $100 mir, hope this helps.
+1 to sumo911.. hes right... it has to activate on the number it was ordered for, and remain activated for 30 like he said for the rebate to come... theyll actually send you something asking for more info about halfway through your wait period, if its not activated on that line anymore.. i had a phone stolen 2 weeks in b4 and activated a TP instead on the number... needles to say, i was denied because i didnt have that active on the number i submitted in the rebate form
Old 09-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
to get that $100 mir, the phone has to be active on her account for 30 days, if you switch it off of her account you WILL NOT receive the $100 mir, hope this helps.
That is awful! I wished I had thought of that before I jumped the gun. I went this route and had her use her upgrade points cause i myself am not eligible until the 1st of October.

Any way around this challenge? Should I active it on my account anyway and play with it for 30 days...then send it back, since by that time, my account will be eligible for the discount. Would my returning it affect her upgrade eligibility?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

I ordered it off my wifes account and I am being told that I won't get the rebate if I activate it off my own line instead of my wifes for 30 days.

I am not giving my wife my new TP2 to play with for 30 days, she won't want to trade me back. I told her to go ahead and swap it out, and I would fight with the billing department about the rebate.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Cyclical, please keep us updated, and do offer any advice you can about combating this issue with the billing department.

I am pretty much in the same boat and honestly cannot see myself having just paid $450 to let my friend enjoy the tp2 for 30 days....BEFORE ME!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
Cyclical, please keep us updated, and do offer any advice you can about combating this issue with the billing department.

I am pretty much in the same boat and honestly cannot see myself having just paid $450 to let my friend enjoy the tp2 for 30 days....BEFORE ME!
I will... the thing is that I did this last year and they gave me the rebate w/o any problems.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic aka HTC EVO 4G

ronnybej is a n00b
Activate Touch Pro 2 on Sero

I know I have read everywhere that the Touch Pro 2 works on Sero at times if you call Telesales and the rep doesn't know better, but I have a question. What if I buy the phone outright and then try to activate it on my current sero account, do you think it can go through? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Activate Touch Pro 2 on Sero

I don't see why not. But if you buy phone outright, this means you want to drop $600 plus tax on a unit? Might as well get a rebate and upgrade discount, if you qualify.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 PM
N00b

ronnybej is a n00b

the thing is that my parents are switching to sprint and my sister wants a WM phone and not pay a boat load of cash so she would order a touch pro 2 with the family plan and then switch with me for the touch pro for no cost. so its basically me buying the phone under their account and then transferring the phone over to my sero account. I dont want to get it if its not going to work so thats why I figured i would ask you smart people
Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Hardware:

Very sturdy! Doesn't feel like a toy anymore, it's very well built. The keyboard slides out very smooth, also the tilt is smooth as well.

The key feels very nice and responsive.

Software:
First time boot up take a bit but it's not as long as the TP. TP3D is snappy, also the whole OS feels snappy.

Going to try other stuff so please bear with me.

SERO/Activation:
If you did not change your plan over the phone when you ordered, you should NOT turn it on. Activate it online first! I kept my SERO 500 and the DATA IS WORKING! The phone will automatically provision itself shortly after you activate it online.

Surprise: When I go into the Security, it says my phone is SIM Unlocked! However I am trying to confirm that right now by seeking a 3rd party SIM card.

PER stevedusa
Old 09-05-2009, 02:21 AM
N00b

ronnybej is a n00b

That method wouldn't work for me then if my sister would have to activate it on her account first in order for her account to be active. Is there any other way?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2