PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 05:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

pauld5999 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pauld5999
Re: Sero Plan & TP2 orderers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld5999 View Post
my experience was calling twice into the F&F line and both times they would not sell the phone unless I agreed to the 59.99 Everything Plus plan (Im on Sero F&F 500). Then called into the employee sales lines and got the order through, no issues, no mention of needing to change or add to my plan at all. phone should be delivered today so i will be reporting back with my activation experience asap, I plan on trying online first and if thats a no go guess a store might be next best option, any ideas?
fwiw, got tp2 actived no prob via online activate chat
Old 09-04-2009, 05:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

junkzm3 is just getting started

Just ordered mine with success using the sero number (sero $30 plan)

Initially I got a lady that was adamant in switching to the $59.99 plan and when I refused and said that I would have to reconsider my order she still attempted to sell me accessories and etc (I have no clue what I would do with accessories if I didn't even want the phone)
Her reasoning for needing to switch plans was that my plan only has "basic data" and that I would need a plan with "unlimited data" I attempted to argue that t he SERO plan has unlimited data in the sense that I can use as much as I want without success....

10 Minutes later I called again and got a lady with an accent that pretty much guaranteed I would not have to switch plans and informed me that I could use the activation website to activate my phone when I receive it.

Both seemed to fake interest in my purchase, repeating identical information on the specs of the phone and how great it is.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here (running out of patience with my Mogul)

p.s.

She told me there were no other shipping options other than the standard $12 something
Old 09-04-2009, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
GTK--why is Sprint being so koi about this? Twice I've been told it won't work and I won't be able to activate it.

Damn, I understand "the up-sell" but don't flat out lie Sprint!

Guess I'll call a 3rd time (sigh).

Update: Third time's the charm! Finally order went through, no problems. It seems like it literally takes 3 calls from SERO users before they relent. Gah. Paid $81 in tax (thanks NY). I'm pretty sure I'm going to return this and get one off tax-free and cheaper eBay, lol.
Gotta love that 8 7/8% sales tax
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 09-04-2009, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

FlowingAway is just getting started

Ordered mine via Telesales and the gentleman asked me if I was still happy with my plan (Sero $30) I of course told him yes, and nothing else was mentioned about it. Ordered it, probably won't get it til Tuesday, I'm PUMPED!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A friend of mine on Sero ordered me the TP2 without a problem. Would she still be eligible for the rebate even if I never actually activate the device on her account? Or should I, come tuesday, activate it online via her account. Then swap it again over to my account?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated, guys. TIA.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When I ordered mine, I was advised that I can activate it on a 2nd line that will require me to switch plans from SERO. I politely declined and that was the end of it. Phone's tracking still shows "Billing information received"

GRRRRRR
Old 09-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

...at least you got a tracking number. ^^^
Old 09-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
A friend of mine on Sero ordered me the TP2 without a problem. Would she still be eligible for the rebate even if I never actually activate the device on her account? Or should I, come tuesday, activate it online via her account. Then swap it again over to my account?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated, guys. TIA.
to get that $100 mir, the phone has to be active on her account for 30 days, if you switch it off of her account you WILL NOT receive the $100 mir, hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

Just ordered mine, again they told me the SERO account was not compatable with this phone. I asked to speak to a supervisor, he did instead and found out that there is no problem (not a blackberry or palm pre). Got it on the way, too bad I didn't check in here yesterday and I could have had the weekend to play with my new phone.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rms1776 is just getting started

I got the Touch Pro 2 around 2:15 pm today, (i have sero 1250 & sero 500) not a problem activating the phone on the 1250 plan moving #'s were ok also and adding another sero 500 line for son, did this at a corporate sprint store, manager was great. Any questions i will try and answer about phone and sero plans.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2