PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 09:37 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

http://sprintusers.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=573
Old 08-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Thread!!

When I was showing off my phone to Lil' Rico over webcam the other night, I kind of came to revelation.

Telus has released the touch pro 2 with ZERO telus branding on the actual phone itself (no logo's etc) nor any customized touchflo3d theme. It's the stock theme that HTC ships.

I then wondered if the reason the Sprint release is taking so long is because

a) hardware logo branding on the device
b) sprint customized manila theme

Keep in mind, the HTC touch pro and diamond from telus had a very small logo on the back of the device while sprint slapped their logo on the top right hand corner as well as customized themes.

I really do think this is the reason for the long release timing.

Seem logical?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Ranchosteve is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Ranchosteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
I feel like cartmen waiting for the wii to be released...

Motorola Q9m is on that list wtf? They must meen the Q9c
Old 08-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
oh boy the plot thickens!!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:22 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchosteve View Post
I feel like cartmen waiting for the wii to be released...

Motorola Q9m is on that list wtf? They must meen the Q9c
Its a list of phones that are compatible with their apps.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
So I'm sure you've all seen the pics floating around of Sprint's TP2 that's all black with the horrible red dots on the back. If in fact the TP2 does come to sprint, is that really what's it's going to look like? If so, that sucks. I love that Sprint had the bad a** version of the touch pro. I for one love the shiny chrome-like finish of Sprint's touch pro. I wish the TP2 for Sprint would look like the standard one you see on HTC's website.
Bro, you are being short-sighted. Remember how OVERHEATED the TP and Touch Diamond got?

Having holes on the battery cover is the best thing to happen to my hands and my battery. Now I won't have to worry about my TP2's battery exploding or me getting 3rd degree burns from the phone overheating.

Consider that before you type next time.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
Having holes on the battery cover is the best thing to happen to my hands and my battery. Now I won't have to worry about my TP2's battery exploding or me getting 3rd degree burns from the phone overheating.
Actually..form what I "heard" they fixed the overheating issue....
________
Vaporizer wholesaler

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:36 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
When I was showing off my phone to Lil' Rico over webcam the other night, I kind of came to revelation.

Telus has released the touch pro 2 with ZERO telus branding on the actual phone itself (no logo's etc) nor any customized touchflo3d theme. It's the stock theme that HTC ships.

I then wondered if the reason the Sprint release is taking so long is because

a) hardware logo branding on the device
b) sprint customized manila theme

Keep in mind, the HTC touch pro and diamond from telus had a very small logo on the back of the device while sprint slapped their logo on the top right hand corner as well as customized themes.

I really do think this is the reason for the long release timing.

Seem logical?

From my understanding though..wasn't there a post about the final ROM being already done for sprint and verizon? and there were pictures of the sprint TP2 already in the wild that had the logo and everything.

So I think sprint is just doing it to torture us..

Seem logical?
________
Buy glass pipes

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

SkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

for what its worth... was at sprint today getting my replacement TP, and got on the topic with the one of the employees there about the TP2. was saying that hes already had the phone is hand from sprint, guess he knows the guy that is doing testing or what not with it. He had nothing but good things to say. One thing he mentioned that i had no idea...from the pics, the keyboard looks like its slides up on an angle when slid open, but i guess it slides open just as the TP does now, but has a tilt feature...just thought that was cool.

anyways, he did in fact confirm the release date being the beginning of sept, but couldn't really talk much more about it at the time.

again...take this info for what its worth
Old 08-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

http://sprint.com/speed at least the we know it's coming, it's on the the site check for yourself

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2