PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 02:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkennynycxx View Post
lots of people might give up and go with another carrier.
That would be a childlike decision, if made only for that reason. If you are happy with Sprint, their coverage, and prices for service, what's a few weeks? I'll tell what it is, time for some of the bugs to get worked out by the Telus and T-Mobile folks. Why sweat it?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 AM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gface2k View Post
What the F! I've been waiting for the Touch Pro 2 since I heard of it last year, I can't stand my freaking mogul anymore and my 2yr contract with sprint is up this month. I'm almost tempted to look at GSM carriers and give up on sprint.
I'm in the same boat, on a SERO acct. Contract up last Saturday. I must be older than many here, the wait is nothing, and will benefit us. My Mogul will last that long, I just read the TP2 Manual from T-Mobile to get a feel for TouchFlo, the hardware, etc. True, maybe some differences than the Sprint/CDMA version, but it helped. Patches will be coming out by then, so less frustration time, like when I got an early Mogul. Many know-it-alls on the forums SWORE the Mogul did NOT have a built-in GPS ability, some tore it apart and took photos to PROVE it didn't even have the chip, or the antennae, etc, but hey, it DID have GPS and an antennae.

So many other fixes came out in the first few months, that I'm a little wary of switching before the "new" wears off by the early adopters, and the truth starts coming out about the problems.

That is already happening on XDA, where the largely Euro posters with a TP2 are already looking for fixes, and some are already on their 4th TP2 due to quality issues with the hardware (floppy screen, etc.), etc. These issues became so glaring with the TP1 that I just skipped it altogether, and life goes on just fine.

Patience is a virgin, er, I mean, virtue

Last edited by TheBundo; 08-04-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:41 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchosteve View Post
The wait is killer, But yea it will get here "when it gets here." I Just want a phone that is solid and wont always make me think twice of updating or switching, TP2 seems to fit the bill. I like my diamond but the biggest down side is the screen and battery. TP2 from what I have read seems to address those issus.

I have a friend that work's for best buy and asked if he could get me any info, there doesn't seem to be any yet.

Come on sprint...
But I'll bet you thought the Diamond "fit the bill" before you bought it too, right?

Frankly, a well-patched Mogul looks pretty good still, but I hope the TP2 beats it (though the loss of the flashlight and IR and even more buttons sucks). Why can't they make a "Super Mogul", with ALL the best features of the TP2, but leave ALL the buttons of the Mogul (but make it so you can turn them off individually with check-boxes if you like). Have the giant screen, and TF3D, and WiMax, and 4G, etc. A truly SUPER PHONE. Might as well put in the 1ghtz chip too, and about a gig of RAM.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
I'm glad to see everyone using common sense here. And to the guy with the mogul, you should have ditched that thing a long time ago.
Haaa, for what? The plagued TP1 that everyone seems so anxious to ditch?
Old 08-04-2009, 03:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

for the 6700.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Dont badmouth the Mogul, it rocks >.>..the biggest reason I'm trading it is I hear the TP2 will not overheat on wifi use...as for ppc6700..its a nice phone too but mogul is obviously better...I do kinda wish mogul had a bit mroe ram though too >.>
________
Wellbutrin attorney

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
But I'll bet you thought the Diamond "fit the bill" before you bought it too, right?

Frankly, a well-patched Mogul looks pretty good still, but I hope the TP2 beats it (though the loss of the flashlight and IR and even more buttons sucks). Why can't they make a "Super Mogul", with ALL the best features of the TP2, but leave ALL the buttons of the Mogul (but make it so you can turn them off individually with check-boxes if you like). Have the giant screen, and TF3D, and WiMax, and 4G, etc. A truly SUPER PHONE. Might as well put in the 1ghtz chip too, and about a gig of RAM.
sounds good. I have the mogul as well waiting on the tp2. I use the flashlight all of the time but oh well... On my mogul i have an extended battery (2800 mah) and love the extra juice it gives me. I don't really care about the thickness. I just hope with the tp2 that there will be an extended battery for that. Im thinking the mute button on the back with the speakers will make it improbable. Anyone else care to comment on that? Im just curious.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 AM
VIP Member

Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkApe View Post
for what its worth... was at sprint today getting my replacement TP, and got on the topic with the one of the employees there about the TP2. was saying that hes already had the phone is hand from sprint, guess he knows the guy that is doing testing or what not with it. He had nothing but good things to say. One thing he mentioned that i had no idea...from the pics, the keyboard looks like its slides up on an angle when slid open, but i guess it slides open just as the TP does now, but has a tilt feature...just thought that was cool.

anyways, he did in fact confirm the release date being the beginning of sept, but couldn't really talk much more about it at the time.

again...take this info for what its worth
LOL, what coma have you been in, to not know about the tilt?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:43 AM
VIP Member

Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
http://sprint.com/speed at least the we know it's coming, it's on the the site check for yourself
Yep, hard to find, but it IS there
Old 08-04-2009, 05:35 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Haaa, for what? The plagued TP1 that everyone seems so anxious to ditch?
lol Im always ready to move on and thats what I did when the tp1 came out. I dont miss my moguls' at all. Dont get me wrong but I loved it and hated it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2