PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Thread!!

sprint is putting to much time and effort into the palm pre they had a winning hand palm pre,htc snap,bb tour and the tp2 what is they waiting for? and if they wait any longer and the htc hero drops in oct they gonna lost more tp buyers. If Sprint common sense was like they network/service they would be booming with business o well

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 08-03-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Ranchosteve is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Ranchosteve
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

The wait is killer, But yea it will get here "when it gets here." I Just want a phone that is solid and wont always make me think twice of updating or switching, TP2 seems to fit the bill. I like my diamond but the biggest down side is the screen and battery. TP2 from what I have read seems to address those issus.

I have a friend that work's for best buy and asked if he could get me any info, there doesn't seem to be any yet.

Come on sprint...
Old 08-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

GinoRP is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to GinoRP

My son's third period biology class teacher, Ms. Bingle, made her students get together in teams to dissect a frog. My son's partner just happens to be the son of a Sprint developer. He advised that the HTC Touch Pro 2 will be "really cool".

On a serious note, wouldn't it make sense to release the Touch Pro 2 on the anniversary of the HTC Touch Pro? For those of us who waited for Best Buy's less-anticipated pre-release of the HTC Touch Pro and were in the stores on d-day explaining to the Sprint rep that yes they do indeed have one in stock and it's "just like the Diamond with a keyboard", we would get $150 credit to an upgrade.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

so i went to both the verizon store on 41st street and 6th avenue and the sprint store on 42nd street and 6th avenue and neither of them had any of the diamonds or touch pros on display!

that along with the vzw discounted price for the diamond and pro of $99.00 makes me think that something big is coming. that and my earlier comment about the pricing on sprints website expiring on the 7th that is.

it looks like the stars are starting to align but when it will happen is still anyones guess at this point.

im in no hurry because i cant do anything until september or october anyway.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor

sprint went from being the leader in winmo phones 'coolness' factor to being a dud. sprint will release this elusive tp2 when every other carrier has had the tp3 for a week lol
Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I'm glad to see everyone using common sense here. And to the guy with the mogul, you should have ditched that thing a long time ago.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:01 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
We've heard reports of stores/best buy having the units available in their warehouse, they are just waiting for the go ahead to sell them. Whether this is true or not, we can all take with a grain of salt. It just looks like the thing needs the FCC approval, and from there, it's all systems go. Although it would be nice if Sprint was a little more forthcoming with information. They could say "We are waiting on *insert reason here* to release the phone. " And post some kind of status update. Maybe, even get some test units into the hands of reviewers (phonedog, pocketnow, engadget, cnet, etc), so we can hear some reviews of the actual sprint device.

I'll step down from my soapbox now.
first, there is no way any manufacturer would even start production,let alone ship the units out to a BB without it being cleared by FCC.. what if didnt clear, then theyd need a recall... not gonna happen

second, i remeber the guy saying he saw something in thw warehouse... it was just a stack of boxes that said HTC on them... BB sells HTC phones, couldve been anything..

i agree with that engadet article whether their serous or not.. they make a good point.. if i was HTC id pick carriers that are going to "Feature" the phone as well for first dibs... im a sprint cust and i see where their coming from... Theres never been a display for any HTC phones... maybe the 6700 when it came out, but not since then
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
You realize the difference between sept 6 and mid sept is a week, week and a half, right? I know it's frustrating to know nothing about the release date of the phone, but you've come this far....what's one week?
I understand his frustration. For me, my personal upcoming schedule would make having a new, high end phone before mid September most attractive. Watching the rumors get pushed back up to and past this time is painful. I could get a phone I won't be as happy with, like an TP. Or I could wait until later, but then I might as well wait to check out the Hero or whatever else is coming down the pipe.

Yeah, I get that there is no predicting when these phones will launch. But it is also hard not to get your hopes up.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
at the rate sprint is going verizon will actually release it before or at the same time as sprint!
LMAO wouldn't that be a hoot
You know, the funny thing is that probably will be the case. Just look who's going to get the GSM TP2 first in the US. AT&T always launched the next gen HTC device before anyone else, and they just got beat out by T-Mobile! AT&T is busy making out with the iPhone, just like Sprint is busy making sweet love to the Pre.

If I were HTC, I wouldn't hesitate to stall launches on every carrier with a big exclusivity/marketing arrangement for another device. They know the Touch Pro2 will be pushed to the back corner of the sales floor, so the salespeople can keep pushing the big name mass-marketed device.

Obviously I'm slightly biased (being with Verizon), but it also make total business sense for HTC.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alksion View Post
Well if we keep giving HTC and Sprint this hype maybe they will consider releasing their phones quicker in the future.
Sprint isn't not releasing the phone quick. The first TP hasnt even been out a year yet. The release date for the TP 2 is supposed to be September 6th, still less than a year after the first TP came out. Everyone keeps saying Sprint needs to hurry up and stop sitting on this phone, but they aren't. They didn't want anyone to know about this phone yet and no one would know anything if a certain someone didn't leak it and release the pics. Just be patient it is coming very very soon.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2