PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

HeXeD is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Sprint Release Rumor's Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrogers1 View Post
Why is anyone with an HTC device worried about the headphone jack? The TP is the second generation of the HTC flagship model not having one... Adapter works fine.
Well my issue is after a while, that dongle ends up jarring the connection loose in the phone for some reason and then the stereo sound starts cutting out on you.

It's still not a deal breaker for me but lets not act like it isn't a problem at all. You people saying it wouldn't be nice to have a 3.5 jack along with a mini usb? HTC said they were taking in the feedback from people on the TP to make the TP2 better but still no 3.5mm jack? And this is the 3rd phone in a row by HTC (Mogul, Touch pro/Diamond, TP2) that has no headphone jack. It would be a welcome addition but it is still not a deal breaker for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: Sprint HTC TouchPro2 possibly delayed by software bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Every time they improve something, they take something away. Same with the jump to the Pro from the Mogul, give us memory, etc., take away buttons, IR, etc. WHy the heck can't we get ONE PHONE with EVERYTHING?
Well to put it simple. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 06-22-2009, 01:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Sprint HTC TouchPro2 possibly delayed by software bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Every time they improve something, they take something away. Same with the jump to the Pro from the Mogul, give us memory, etc., take away buttons, IR, etc. WHy the heck can't we get ONE PHONE with EVERYTHING?
if we get one phone with everything, they'll have a hard time gettin us to buy the next "latest and greatest", even though we wont even have the opportunity to do so till europe's had it for bout a yr...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 06-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeXeD View Post
And this is the 3rd phone in a row by HTC (Mogul, Touch pro/Diamond, TP2) that has no headphone jack. It would be a welcome addition but it is still not a deal breaker for me.
Actually the TP2 is the 5th, while the 6600 Harrier and the 6700 Apache weren't HTC branded they were HTC manufactured althought I know that doesn't really help the people that don't care

And actually I'm one of the them, I don't think the headphone jack is a big deal because at least they're including the adapter unlike the 66/6700 and Mogul; and besides, stereo bluetooth is getting better and cheaper so that's what I use
Old 06-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeXeD View Post
Well my issue is after a while, that dongle ends up jarring the connection loose in the phone for some reason and then the stereo sound starts cutting out on you.

It's still not a deal breaker for me but lets not act like it isn't a problem at all. You people saying it wouldn't be nice to have a 3.5 jack along with a mini usb? HTC said they were taking in the feedback from people on the TP to make the TP2 better but still no 3.5mm jack? And this is the 3rd phone in a row by HTC (Mogul, Touch pro/Diamond, TP2) that has no headphone jack. It would be a welcome addition but it is still not a deal breaker for me.
Sounds like a warranty replacement to me....

I will say that switching to the micro (isn't that supposed to become the new industry standard) will "supposedly" prevent this but who knows. All I know is that not buying a "Phone" because it doesn't have a headphone jack is as rediculous as not buying a call because it doesn't have an iPod connection.

"Yeah, I know it's fast, reliable and holds it's value but damn, it doesn't have a factory iPod cable??? F that, I'll go get a Ford Focus!".

It was pretty goofy with the adapter to a mini jack then an adapter to the 3.5 but it worked, I suppose. Ah... I don't miss not being able to put my big brick phone in my pocket. We've come a long way.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
Actually the TP2 is the 5th, while the 6600 Harrier and the 6700 Apache weren't HTC branded they were HTC manufactured althought I know that doesn't really help the people that don't care

And actually I'm one of the them, I don't think the headphone jack is a big deal because at least they're including the adapter unlike the 66/6700 and Mogul; and besides, stereo bluetooth is getting better and cheaper so that's what I use
I agree with you. Stereo bluetooth is the future of headphones. In a few years 3.5 mm jacks will be a thing of the past. I love my wireless headsets. Why would i want more cords then i need?
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 06-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
I assumed the same as you. In fact, I've never worked for a company who's fiscal year was any different, and I didn't even know it was based on congress, lol

Since Sprint is a public company, it should be easy to find out what their fiscal year is.

Edit: Nope, looks like their fiscal year ends Dec. 31st. That's news to me! Stock Ticker
Mine ends august 30th .... september 1st new fiscal and more vacation!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Jackalo is a n00b

Personally, I can't wait for the Touch Pro 2. The larger screen and better speakerphone will be a welcomed feature set.

I was going to go for the Pre, given my long Palm OS background, but I gave it two chances, and it failed both times. The first one I had for less than twelve hours before it went crazy and started tapping different areas of the screen on it's own. The second one cracked when I slid it upwards in the Sprint store while setting it up.

I hope the Touch Pro 2 doesn't have any major hardware build issues. A bad ROM is fine, as that always can be (and should be) replaced with something better.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I REALLY hope the they fix this issue before releasing it on Verizon & Sprint:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=527075
Old 06-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I REALLY hope the they fix this issue before releasing it on Verizon & Sprint:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=527075
You get a "thanks" for that one. Sounds like the Mogul all over again. Booo!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2