PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aspiring chef here .. need some help :)

Well gotten into ROM cooking and successfully built my own custom rom and it works and everythings wonderful .. however my rom has like no extras on it its just windows . no additional apps . just the original things like calculator camera streaming media and audio booster voice recorder and that's about it . calculator doesn't work though neither does audio booster I feel I'm missing some ext packages . but my reason for posting is I can't seem to get the amount of ram that the rom uses smaller . I used to use freezas rom and I got about 300 mb of storage data to use . with my rom I'm getting about 230 mb . how can I increase this ? my program memory is at 130 mb that I like . thanks to all !
Old 11-21-2010, 03:35 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Aspiring chef here .. need some help :)

op please read, moved.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...de-forums.html
Old 11-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

oh , I'm really sorry .. I didn't know . I sincerely apologize .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:25 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

need to make .cabs into OEMs... then they can be put into your rom.... thats about all i got for ya lol...
Old 11-22-2010, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

If you provide more details, people may be able to help you better. What kitchen are you using? Did you make it yourself by dumping a stock ROM and going from there? Everything you put in the ROM will be in \windows. Things like ringtones that get moved to \windows\rings will take up twice the amount of space since they are copied to another location (5mb of ringtones will take 10mb of ROM space, unless you use tweaks to keep ringtones in \windows). The same goes with any file that gets copied anywhere (\my documents, \program files,etc.). You can change lots of programs so they just run from \windows. I also just install my ringtones with a cab using sashimi.

From what I've read, freezas didn't contain much of anything. They apparently didn't even contain all of the dependencies to make hardware like the camera work. Just say what kitchen you are using and it will be much easier to help you.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Threadstarter

Im using osKitchen - Easy Visual kitchen . And yes i started from a Sprint Stock ROM . ( WM6.5 ) And my " Ring " directory is empty on my ROM when i install to my phone .. And can you tell me what those tweaks are ? are they .dll files or ???
THANKS ALL !!!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

if stock sprint make shure look into any sprint extra bloatware,
Also if Sense2.5 installed, you can switch it out for Sense2.1 or look for packages that are CFC compressed.
I flash so much I don't bother cookin since TP1 days,
so good luck to you,
with a lil patience and determination you or anyone has potential to go far.

Even though the future is uncertain with this platform,
I will be holding on, thru the storm, while many "jump ship" and go to other OS,
Like WinMo7 just out & Android steaminrolling along.
I'll stay here & wait for "smoke to clear" after holidays to seee where the greener pastures show up.

EDIT:
I am assuming you checked the colaboration thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...aboration.html

Last edited by Maxx134; 11-23-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Im using osKitchen - Easy Visual kitchen . And yes i started from a Sprint Stock ROM . ( WM6.5 ) And my " Ring " directory is empty on my ROM when i install to my phone .. And can you tell me what those tweaks are ? are they .dll files or ???
THANKS ALL !!!
OSKitchen is a great one to learn on. airxtreme has many useful tweaks integrated into the kitchen. The keep Ringtones in ROM is in there (I assume it's just a registry setting, but I haven't really looked). You can remove some stuff from the ROM. I'll try to list what I remember doing.

In OperatorPkg, you can get rid of all of the WCML files (used for help or welcome center), the HTC Mobile Guide along with other things like Touch&Gesture/touchflo gif's (only useful if you want the guide working on your phone). If you don't use HTC Black for the .tsk, you can delete all of the files associated with that.

You can also leave out any of the Sprint apps you don't use (NFL, Nascar, OzIM, etc). Removing any ringtones, alerts, and alarms you don't want from Project Default B will also save some space. You can also remove some of the ~Avatar- png's from OEMDrivers if you don't use all of them.

You can also leave files out of the SYS. I do not cook in AUTOUPDATE, BTDUN, BthHID, Enterprise, IPSECVPN, IRDA, SampleMusic, VoIP, WWAN, & WelcomeCenter (you can also leave out themes if you use a custom one of just like classic blue).

OSKitchen also has the option to cfc compress manila and localize it. This will reduce the manila image files' size and the number of files cooked into the ROM. If you want even more space, you can use the png compression in OSKitchen. It takes a long time since it process every png you cook and may have the small possibility of corrupting some images, but it can save space.

Basically, leaving stuff out gets you more space. Freeza's roms left many things I'd consider required for a ROM. You probably won't get to the levels of free space that were present in his ROM (unless you just leave a ton out). Are you running low on space? I think my ROMs are close to 130 mb free after flashing and down to 80-90 mb after installing my cabs. This is still light years ahead of where I was with my Diamond where I would have 20 mb .

If you have any more question, feel free to ask. I use OSKitchen for quite awhile.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

im building my own rom too, i just need to know where to get the 2019 manila packages. so to the OP i recommend u goto mobileunderground and pick up the 21916 build as it is more stable and less problematic than the 21889 build which is used by the sprint 6.5 rom
Old 11-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

elesbb it is great to see new aspiring chef's here, I am sure the community will help you out, there is tons and tons of information located in the forums that can help you out a long the way so make sure to get plenty of reading in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2