PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to lock volume buttons while phone is locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
when is based off the reg entries , it has two while statements ............. i may need a sleep entry before checking to see if its unlocked , your device may be a split second slower in changing a reg entry then what mortscript can read .
Funny you should mention the device being a bit slower. I do notice that it lags a command such as Back or X. It takes a second or so to compete the action, so the time factor on the 'when' may be the answer.

Quote:
.......... that makes things a tad easier on my end . but everything registry wise is getting set and unset so it seems to be working .
Glad I could help somewhat

Quote:
............. all the info you just gave me narrows it down to the last while statement and the command to switch windows . i'll start there .
I am glad I could come up with a direction for a possible solution, except I have no idea how I got to it.

Quote:
all the cabs i create from here on out , INSTALL WITHOUT UNINSTALLING the original .
That will make things a lot easier. Super.

Quote:
im not doing much today (other than black ops and battlefield 3 xP) so i can work on it today . im eager to get this working !
Me too. I'm only playing around on MS FS testing out some new flight procedures for some upcoming flights.
(I know your going to ask. Yes, I am). lol

Regards,
QA

Last edited by qanda; 11-05-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda View Post
Funny you should mention the device being a bit slower. I do notice that it lags a command such as Back or X. It takes a second or so to compete the action, so the time factor on the 'when' may be the answer.
That shouldnt be making it lag , if you look at any process manager you will see that the MortScript.exe process uses like 1 percent of CPU and only for like one second . there was only one script i wrote which resulted in MortScript.exe using 99 percent CPU xP and resulted in SOD . but fear not , i have come a long ways since those days xD

[QUOTE[I am glad I could come up with a direction for a possible solution, except I have no idea how I got to it. [/QUOTE]
Simply , you are the one with the device , not me , i cant diagnose it only you can

Quote:
Me too. I'm only playing around on MS FS testing out some new flight procedures for some upcoming flights.
(I know your going to ask. Yes, I am). lol

Regards,
QA

Woahhh , i like so hate you right now . lol JKJK . my uncle has his pilot's license . when i was younger he used to have a Cessena , and took us up for flights , ugh i miss those days . but then the cost of a hanger was too much so he got rid of it . i keep bugging him to take me up again but he always responds with "when you pay for it i'll fly" lol . I have MS FSX on my desktop and its my play toy its the closest i can get to the real thing xP i fly to florida and cali when i wanna go on my dream vacations do you fly commercial airliners ? personal ? or freight ? god dude im so jealous .. =D> btw howard Hughes is my favorite guy in the whole world . and the Aviator is my 2nd favorite movie of all time .
Old 11-05-2011, 08:33 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try this
Attached Files
File Type: cab elesbb Diagnosing.cab (1.6 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
That shouldnt be making it lag ,...
No, I didn't mean your script. I meant the device behavior itself.

Quote:
Simply , you are the one with the device , not me , i cant diagnose it only you can
At least I can contibute something to all this. lol

Quote:
Woahhh , i like so hate you right now . lol JKJK . .............do you fly commercial airliners ? personal ? or freight ? god dude im so jealous ..
Flew cargo aircraft for awhile, and some charter. I am a contract pilot now with some clients that need pilots now and then. Less stress and I make my own schedule. I also am an instructor pilot. Flying for over 30 years. Love it!

I'll give the diagnostics a run later tonight and post.

Regards,
QA
Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
try this
Ok, I installed it. Now what?

I ran the procedure again: Tap icon, wait, answer YES, tap OK and tried it. Still nothing. Is their a log you need me to post?

QA
Old 11-05-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Ok, I installed it. Now what?

I ran the procedure again: Tap icon, wait, answer YES, tap OK and tried it. Still nothing. Is their a log you need me to post?

QA
after installing of diagnostic cab , soft reset . my bad :P
Old 11-05-2011, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
after installing of diagnostic cab , soft reset . my bad :P
I'v heard of step by step instructions but this is comical.

I did a soft reset. What is supposed to happen?

I ran the procedure again. It still doesn't work, and I don't see any diagnostic result.
You need to give me a little more to go on.

What do I do now? What am I looking for?

QA

Last edited by qanda; 11-05-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:29 PM

have you tried opening something , locking , then unlocking ?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
have you tried opening something , locking , then unlocking ?
That was funny. Last nite, nothing happened at all. I did try the procedure over but it didn't work. No message at all. That is why I left you the post I did. I was puzzled. I expected something to happen.

Here's what happened this morning.

At first, I unlocked the device and the Qanda message popped up. The device WAS on the home screen, so nothing changed.

Next, I opened File Explorer and let the device time out and lock.
I unlocked the device. It remained on the File Explorer, but the Qanda message appeared. I checked OK, but it did not go to the Home screen.

I tried locking and unlocking the device leaving it on the Home screen. The message stopped appearing no matter what I did. If I unlock it now, no message.

As a last test, I ran the Unlock to Home procedure again, leaving the File Explorer open. I received both messages as before: 5 second, and Try again. It timed out and locked. I unlocked the device and it remained on the File Explorer, and no Qanda message.

NOW, I did a soft reset. The message started to appear again. After one or two tries, the message stops.

It seemed to be trying, but the diagnostic script seemed to fail after a few tries.

I guess things are not so smooth.

I'll be flying today but will be back on forum later this afternoon. This issue is really getting to me. Very strange.

And let's not talk about hard reset. Too much trouble. hahahaha

Regards,
Up, Up and away!
QA

Last edited by qanda; 11-06-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
That was funny. Last nite, nothing happened at all. I did try the procedure over but it didn't work. No message at all. That is why I left you the post I did. I was puzzled. I expected something to happen.

Here's what happened this morning.

At first, I unlocked the device and the Qanda message popped up. The device WAS on the home screen, so nothing changed.

Next, I opened File Explorer and let the device time out and lock.
I unlocked the device. It remained on the File Explorer, but the Qanda message appeared. I checked OK, but it did not go to the Home screen.

I tried locking and unlocking the device leaving it on the Home screen. The message stopped appearing no matter what I did. If I unlock it now, no message.

As a last test, I ran the Unlock to Home procedure again, leaving the File Explorer open. I received both messages as before: 5 second, and Try again. It timed out and locked. I unlocked the device and it remained on the File Explorer, and no Qanda message.

NOW, I did a soft reset. The message started to appear again. After one or two tries, the message stops.

It seemed to be trying, but the diagnostic script seemed to fail after a few tries.

I guess things are not so smooth.

I'll be flying today but will be back on forum later this afternoon. This issue is really getting to me. Very strange.

And let's not talk about hard reset. Too much trouble. hahahaha

Regards,
Up, Up and away!
QA
lol i was tryin to see how far the script was getting , and i guess i was trying to be funny about it :P it seems like its getting stuck in the second while loop . i will add a sleep message to allow the device time to change registry values . have fun flying !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2