PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 w/ MightyRom
Carrier: big red

iBIGGZ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2

allow me to introduce my self. My name is Daniel. I was with Sprint/Nextel for 5 years. I went from a

Motorola i830>Blackberry 7100i>Palm Treo 700wx>Palm Pre

was was very satisfied with both devices, but seeing how Palm is plundering and i see no faith in them diggin out there grave. I saw the touch pro 2 on big red's site goin for 79.99 and thought it was a steal so i signed up for a new contract going to give it a 30 day trial to see if it satisfies my needs. Now here comes a question that i know has been covered many times, but....

how do you vz guys like your tp2s?

once i get my phone tmrrw (placed order today) i'm going to hit up the pcd site and update to 6.5
Old 04-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Touch Pro 2

its good, but to really get the full benefits of the phone you need to apply a couple tweaks. Since you're 30 day trial I wouldn't recommend flashing your device, but SSK dynamic proxy tool and nopushinternet will really improve your phone though.

I think it may come w/ wm 6.5 sense 2.1 actually, my friend just got his yesterday from the deal.

Last edited by burtonsnow8; 04-09-2010 at 01:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iBIGGZ is a n00b

i plan to keep the phone now as i get 3G signal everywhere i go and the device is top notch. any advice on tweaks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
its good, but to really get the full benefits of the phone you need to apply a couple tweaks. Since you're 30 day trial I wouldn't recommend flashing your device, but SSK dynamic proxy tool and nopushinternet will really improve your phone though.

I think it may come w/ wm 6.5 sense 2.1 actually, my friend just got his yesterday from the deal.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

get the cleanup cab from the stickies section
Old 04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: THE INCREDIBLE "DROID I"
Carrier: Veriz-off

naejae730 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBIGGZ View Post
how do you vz guys like your tp2s?
Just received mine on Tuesday. VZ only charged me 29.99. Can't believe they let me upgrade 7 months early with such a great deal. Still trying to get used to switching in and out of menus but so far the phone works great. I installed the cleaner a few days ago but haven't used it yet. I also agree that tweaks are what makes this phone even better. I've added a few and found that the "favorite cabs" and "tweaks and mods" forums on this site were extremely helpful in setting up my phone the way I want it to be. Make sure you really take the time to read through them as you will find the answer to most of your "annoying function" questions there. (Ex. How do I get rid of that stupid SMS sent message that keeps popping up....the answer is within those forums)

Good luck with your new phone and remember to share your findings with us. You may just help one of us out in the process.

"The difference between a SMART person and a WISE person is that a SMART person knows what to say, and a WISE person knows whether to say it or not".
Old 04-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iBIGGZ is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
get the cleanup cab from the stickies section
thanks i went ahead and did the cleanup.cab thing. i got a question if i removed the cab from the phone but didnt uninstall it it still bein runned rite?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

IBIGGz - Hope your willing to pay alot more money for service with Verizon Wireless....they nickle and dime customers for everything.....Data package, Visual Voicemail, VZ navigator, those arn't included in your price plan....so say you get the 1400min shared plan, thats 119 a month, plus VVM is $4, VZ Nav is $10, Data is $30....you at almost $180 or more now....Thats one reason I left them...$250 a month for 2 blackberrys and 2 regular lines.....and 1400min, now Im on Sprint paying less than half for more......just think about it.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBIGGZ View Post
thanks i went ahead and did the cleanup.cab thing. i got a question if i removed the cab from the phone but didnt uninstall it it still bein runned rite?
As long as it is not uninstalled it is good.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: THE INCREDIBLE "DROID I"
Carrier: Veriz-off

naejae730 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
IBIGGz - Hope your willing to pay alot more money for service with Verizon Wireless....they nickle and dime customers for everything.....Data package, Visual Voicemail, VZ navigator, those arn't included in your price plan....so say you get the 1400min shared plan, thats 119 a month, plus VVM is $4, VZ Nav is $10, Data is $30....you at almost $180 or more now....Thats one reason I left them...$250 a month for 2 blackberrys and 2 regular lines.....and 1400min, now Im on Sprint paying less than half for more......just think about it.
I know this is the wrong thread for discussing pricing and moderators can delete if necessary but I just had to throw in my two cents...Yes, I agree VZW is costly. I'm using a government discount and STILL pay just over $100 a month for my plan + added features. On the flip side however, my boyfriend has had Sprint for years and they want to charge him $300 to UPGRADE to the same phone I only paid $29.99 for. I should note he has never done an actual upgrade but changed his phone twice. His phone also gets no bars when he's standing right in front of the Sprint store! Go figure! While in the long run he would save more than I will I think that kind of pricing is ridiculous and I'll stick with the higher price and better customer service at VZW.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

to the pricing discussion....i think it's to each is his own. different people, different opinions. and of course, quality of service depends on where you are geographically. because both sides of the fence have dead spots. all carriers actually have dead spots. and for pricing...i guess it's the individual's preference on whether to pay extra for a device and save on the monthly, or save on the device and have a bit higher monthly compared to the closest competition.

and on to the topic at hand...OP, the best ever advice that's been given is read up! and after you've read as much as you can....read some more! once you get used to the tp2...everything else is a lot easier. you can do just about anything with this device. have fun!

oh and let me know if you manage to make your device do your laundry. been trying to get mine to do it...but no success wonder if there's a cab for that?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2