PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

eyepoker is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by naejae730 View Post
His phone also gets no bars when he's standing right in front of the Sprint store! Go figure!
What!? Sprint's stores don't come with cell towers? The nerve of them!

To stay on topic... I moved up from a TP1 to the TP2 acouple of weeks ago... walked into the sprint store and 1 day later got a new phone, no hassle. They did check the moisture sensors and then said i get to pick from a short list of phones. Completely painless, so as far as CS is conocerned my experience has been positive.

I like the phone alot. I reflashed to MightyRom with Winmo 6.5. i might reflash again but for now with all the tweaks I've made I'm liking what I've got so far.

Best thing is the tethering, the large sceen (larger than some newer android phones), keyboard and the tilting display. Its my main internet connection, pefectly fine for browsing, hulu video, etc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 w/ MightyRom
Carrier: big red
Threadstarter

iBIGGZ is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
IBIGGz - Hope your willing to pay alot more money for service with Verizon Wireless....they nickle and dime customers for everything.....Data package, Visual Voicemail, VZ navigator, those arn't included in your price plan....so say you get the 1400min shared plan, thats 119 a month, plus VVM is $4, VZ Nav is $10, Data is $30....you at almost $180 or more now....Thats one reason I left them...$250 a month for 2 blackberrys and 2 regular lines.....and 1400min, now Im on Sprint paying less than half for more......just think about it.

i went with a individual plan. 450 minutes unlimited data and 500 text. rite now im paying 79.99 before taxes and stuff ill see on my first bill.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iBIGGZ is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by naejae730 View Post
I know this is the wrong thread for discussing pricing and moderators can delete if necessary but I just had to throw in my two cents...Yes, I agree VZW is costly. I'm using a government discount and STILL pay just over $100 a month for my plan + added features. On the flip side however, my boyfriend has had Sprint for years and they want to charge him $300 to UPGRADE to the same phone I only paid $29.99 for. I should note he has never done an actual upgrade but changed his phone twice. His phone also gets no bars when he's standing right in front of the Sprint store! Go figure! While in the long run he would save more than I will I think that kind of pricing is ridiculous and I'll stick with the higher price and better customer service at VZW.

i agree i love sprint and there cheap plan i was with them for years. my only concern with them was the lack of coverage in my area. it was funny my friends would get bars and evdo with their phones (mogul, tp) while i get 1 bar and choppy evdo (pre). my gf has vz and she had signal and 3g everywhere so i made the trial jump and its great. i dont mind the price i pay 10 bucks extra minus the unlimited text and gps but i dont use gps anymore since i got my garmin
Old 04-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iBIGGZ is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
to the pricing discussion....i think it's to each is his own. different people, different opinions. and of course, quality of service depends on where you are geographically. because both sides of the fence have dead spots. all carriers actually have dead spots. and for pricing...i guess it's the individual's preference on whether to pay extra for a device and save on the monthly, or save on the device and have a bit higher monthly compared to the closest competition.

and on to the topic at hand...OP, the best ever advice that's been given is read up! and after you've read as much as you can....read some more! once you get used to the tp2...everything else is a lot easier. you can do just about anything with this device. have fun!

oh and let me know if you manage to make your device do your laundry. been trying to get mine to do it...but no success wonder if there's a cab for that?

haha will do man. so far so good with the device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2