PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Thanks so much aguenter322. I've been testing your 1b cab file since it's release, with zero SOD or lockup issues so far.

If it helps anyone, here's my current settings:
Overclock 710 / 604
Backlight set to dim at 30 seconds and sleep at 5 minutes on battery.
Backlight set to dim at 1 minute and sleep at 10 minutes on AC power.
ROM: Vin's Pluto 6.5.x 23569 series with Co0kie Mod

Please note that when using Spb Backup, I noticed that it takes much longer to backup the system while overclocked. In turn, I'd recommend that users step the clock speed back to 528 prior to starting the backup process.

Best to all,
R
You are lucky. Mine almost bricked running Sprite Backup. At least your OS survived. I am into a reinstall. If you come up with a solution, suggest it please.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
Yeah, use the upgrade instructions in my post above.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=121

You don't have to manually uninstall the old one unless for some reason it doesn't ask you to when you install the new one.

Edit: CAB was just upadated to 1.0d at the link above. It now automatically installs the required DLL, so should be more foolproof and such.
Works nicely for me. Is there an entry in the GUI that will allow speeds over 787MHz?
Old 08-02-2010, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Sense seems just a slight bit better than the WM 6.5 interface, but maybe it is time just to drop it....
Before dropping Sense I would try Blackout rom(Sense2.5, WM6.1) OR Superrom(Sense2.1 WM6.5)
I am on latest builds but finding the latest Sense to be picky with overclock.
Anyway I am hooked on cookie style homescreen so hard to giv up Sense2.5 4 me.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Are you using the script or the program? IMHO the script is much more stable.
Ya im using the program, maybe i'll download the newest version and report back
Old 08-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

UPDATE: HAVE CREATED A CAB FILE, CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281

OLDER VERSIONS ARE HERE:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=282

Last edited by nayr1482; 08-06-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Updated to v4.2
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erockvr6 View Post
Ive tried everything above 700mhz and nothing works, I dont get SOD when phone goes to sleep, but i do get SOD when i'm in a call and the proximity sensor turns the screen off, when I take the phone away from my ear the screen stays off and i have to press the reset button. I have it on 633 right now and it did it once but not every time i get a call.
Try running our script instead. SetCpuSpeed only throttle based on screen on/off. The script throttles based on screen on/off, phone call status, and lockscreen status.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry View Post
I have been able to overclock up to 768 without issue, all running well (and fast) but my problem is when I turn the screen off, no matter what setting it doesn't wake up..
I am also coming from a hardreset, saturday when I started trying to run overclock app.
My only other option is wait to see if newer versions fix anything..
Don't want a ROM change, I am totally happy with what I'm running: a1 ROM_23517 stripped Titanium with my personal touches...
I agree you should try this route as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Try running our script instead. SetCpuSpeed only throttle based on screen on/off. The script throttles based on screen on/off, phone call status, and lockscreen status.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

i'm on vin's 8-1 pluto_cht-dinik ... and rocking 1.0d like a big dog! very sweet! thanks to all involved! ^5

Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

I'm completely confused

I was running a custom ROM, but just recently wanted to try the newest Sprint stock ROM.

What do I need to get this working?

This has always been one of the biggest shortcomings of this phone, if not the only one. If I could get the same phone with a 1Ghz snapdragon I would be beyond happy.

I normally wouldn't ask, I can usually figure this stuff out, but I'm way in over my head for some reason.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
I'm completely confused

I was running a custom ROM, but just recently wanted to try the newest Sprint stock ROM.

What do I need to get this working?

This has always been one of the biggest shortcomings of this phone, if not the only one. If I could get the same phone with a 1Ghz snapdragon I would be beyond happy.

I normally wouldn't ask, I can usually figure this stuff out, but I'm way in over my head for some reason.
well - first thing you need to do is install NetRippers v2 of his OC program.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725290

then you need to install something to prevent SOD (sleep of death). There are basically 2 options right now...

1) SetCpuSpeed - this is a program that prevents SOD caused by the backlight. It works nicely and uses very little CPU. But - it ONLY prevents SOD caused by backlight going out...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1000

2) Script - this is a mortscript that prevents SOD caused by backlight, phone calls, and lockscreen. It uses a little bit more CPU and requires you to install MortScript to your phone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1147
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2