PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila 2.5.2012 (Stock Sprint 6.5 ROM) - Touch Pro 2 Tweaks Discussion

I use 6.5 stock and love it. If I want super fast I use iphonetoday which doesn't use sense. I also use Mars weather panel in mini mode which puts a nice weather strip right under the top info. Very zippy! and all free!

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IT_Architect is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
I use 6.5 stock and love it. If I want super fast I use iphonetoday which doesn't use sense. I also use Mars weather panel in mini mode which puts a nice weather strip right under the top info. Very zippy! and all free!
Thank you SO much for that information.

Looks nice in the movies. Can you determine from the home screen how appointments, unread voice mails, e-mails, and texts you have from the home screen?

Other:
I just tried some stuff and now hard reset back to standard. I'm thinking of going down the GoodThings2Life road. Then I will want either another shell or at least Cookies Home Tab. One shell that I tried where everything worked WAY better than Sense was SPB Mobile Shell. I was amazed how much better it responded to my touch. Things I didn't like:
A. My sound for arriving texts stopped working. (Could be something not set up)
B. The contacts on the bottom of the home screen are the ones with pictures. I hate that thing. I just want the alphabetical of everyone.

I just now did a hard reset, and plan to try the GoodThings2Life setup before investing more time. I've heard good about it, but I don't know.

After that I need a backup, and thinking Sprite for that because you can flash a different ROM if you like, and then restore your data, and most things will work fine. (So people say)

If you have any advice for me, let me know.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't last long enough on any one thing to back it up, and since I am fairly often re-doing things from scratch, I tend to remember the process.

I was on iphonetoday for quite a while but just decided to play with the new CHT2 and see how I like it. In brief, it's fun (which is what it's all about!!!) but all I really need is what iphonetoday offers me.

But the trick, if there is one, is simply to try out different things. I recommend noobs start with HTC stock 6.5 and play with various apps as they learn what they want and expect in a setup. And then, if they're interested, flash a few roms and see what you think of them.

I guess the only thing I might wish for is that this tp2 didn't have a keyboard as I never use it - LOL - but the tp2 is so easy to change, and also when (not if) you screw it up, simply hard reset and start over - I used to have to do that every month or so, but newer apps seem to be playing nice and simply uninstalling it , and I gan proceed.

but... have fun!!!

EDIT: just to say it, my personal direction is influenced by my feeling that both Android, and Win7 front pages are largely unnecessary and require an extra click or 2 to start doing something... But that's just me!!!

EDIT: "Other" "A" that's in Winmo settings / Sounds and notifications both the first tab and second tab.
"B" contacts is in different places depending on the apps you are using - at the moment , in CHT, I can click on the phone looking icon, and then click on "all people". In iphonetoday, there is a button predefined as "contacts". I use gmail and activesync to sync my contacts - it's childs play to go from winmo phone to winmo phone..

Last edited by Kris443; 02-24-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IT_Architect is a n00b

In the mean time, I tried GoodThings2Life.
The Good: Scrolling is much better and it is more finger-friendly.
The Bad: I don't get text message notifications anymore, and I see this is a problem with other people as well. I also don't like what happened to my text message handling. I used to have on button where I could empty everything in SMS. Not anymore.
The Ugly: I was moving around in it, looking for a place to get the notifications working and it froze up. I had never experienced that that before.

Hard reset time.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

always try a soft reset first. Some times that will help....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2