PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bishop0114 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up TP2 and Asurian Insurance - WOW

2 weeks ago I dropped my phone in the tub and had to go through the dreaded Asurian insurance for a replacement.

Less than 5 minutes on their web site and I was done with my claim. An hour later, I received an email that they shipped my replacement (brand new) phone?????

What are the odds itbeing that easy and hassle free?

Today I dropped my phone and shattered the screen....

Again to the web site and 5 minutes of my time. I get an email about an hour later that the device has shipped...

I have had this insurance on my phone for several years and never used it... I am shocked at how simple they make it.

I just hope I don't drop it again. I cant imagine them being as responsive a 3rd time.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Re: TP2 and Asurian Insurance - WOW

HEHE.. I think you may get a limit of 3 claims in a calendar year, but it could be dependant upon your carrier also.

now, go out and buy yourself a case for that thing!!! LMAO

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 01-08-2010, 05:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

normalguy is becoming a great contributor

That's good to know, but I suspect the fact that you've been a customer for several years without a claim is part of it. Still, it's good to know as I picked up the Asurian option on the TP2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop0114 View Post
2 weeks ago I dropped my phone in the tub and had to go through the dreaded Asurian insurance for a replacement.

Less than 5 minutes on their web site and I was done with my claim. An hour later, I received an email that they shipped my replacement (brand new) phone?????

Again to the web site and 5 minutes of my time. I get an email about an hour later that the device has shipped...

I have had this insurance on my phone for several years and never used it... I am shocked at how simple they make it.

I just hope I don't drop it again. I cant imagine them being as responsive a 3rd time.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

can you get that if you don't buy through the carrier (i bought on ebay)
Old 01-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
can you get that if you don't buy through the carrier (i bought on ebay)
you can add inusrance within the first 30 days of putting the phone on your account i believe. Call sprint and tell them you want to add full insurance.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 01-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
you can add inusrance within the first 30 days of putting the phone on your account i believe. Call sprint and tell them you want to add full insurance.
Yup, Thats what I did. I bought a phone off of ebay, and then called Sprint to activate it. Then I asked if i could add insurance, and the lady said "SURE!" I think the only limitation is that you cant make a claim until 30 days have passed since your Asurian signup date. That helps deter people from getting a jacked up phone, activating and adding insurance and then making a claim on it the next day.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:

Asurion only allows 2 replacements within one year of each other for Verizon subscribers. Be careful with it now!!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch PRO 2/Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

chris308 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to chris308
from Sprint site:

Fees & Coverage Details
The fee for the program is $7 per phone, smart device or mobile broadband card per month.

You can have up to three approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage within any consecutive 12 months.

A $50 or $100 nonrefundable deductible will apply for approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage claims.

When equipment replacement claims are approved, you will receive the same or comparable equipment, of like kind and quality, with similar features as your original equipment. Replacement equipment may be refurbished, reconditioned or different from your original phone, smart device or mobile broadband card.

You have the right to cancel your coverage at any time without penalty. If you choose to cancel, the change will be effective immediately.

If you cancel coverage, you will not be able to reinstate this beneficial protection for your current device. However, you will have the opportunity to purchase Total Equipment Protection when you upgrade to a new device.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

oneandsix is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

So you're saying you dropped $200 on getting a new phone without even buying a case or something similar? Or did they not even say they would charge you?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: VzW

Okeif_ObD is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalguy View Post
That's good to know, but I suspect the fact that you've been a customer for several years without a claim is part of it. Still, it's good to know as I picked up the Asurian option on the TP2.

Not really, ever since my Samsung i700 Asurian has been this quick with responses. But the website claim form was a godsend-- some of the operators had no business dealing with phones other than clamshells.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2