PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94tbird
everyone wants stuff for free. the real world doesnt operate liek that and its sad that peopel can b***h and complain and companies wil lfold to keep their business. personally i consider it stealing when you b***h till you get free spit. your causng problems for other people and for the company your dealing with. if you keep getting windows phoens and they keep freezing for you then maybe the problem is you. either that or go get a regular phone. No technology is perfect and anyone with half a brain knows that anything involving windows is gonig to freeze, lockup, and eventually die. its the nature of the crappy products microsoft puts out.
I'M CAUSING PROBLEMS FOR OTHER PEOPLE?!?! Man, I work in Bail Enforcement, AND in the Courts. I can't afford to be missing calls all the time like this. That is a problem for me, and it's not my fault AT ALL. You're a moron for even saying that... Seriously... I mean, all of a sudden SPRINT is the victim? Give me a break....

Dude, it isn't stealing when you pay a sizable amount of money for a product that DOESN'T WORK. Being sold a phone that doesn't work, then receiving a replacement that doesn't work...THAT IS STEALING. Why? Because I'm paying all this money for something that DOESN'T WORK. What do you expect me to do?! It's not a 'FREE' phone, b/c I've already payed Sprint $400+ for my last phone that NEVER worked!

Also, it has nothing to do with me. My last 6700 had absolutely nothing but stock crap on it. I didn't put a single program on it, because I thought that maybe that was the problem to begin with. However, it STILL FAILED. REPEATEDLY. I don't care if the Tech isn't perfect, but when it's UNUSABLE, I (as well as everyone else) deserves restitution, not more phones that fail.

Yes, eventually it will lock/freeze/die, but it shouldn't do any of those things 2 weeks after purchase when you've done NOTHING TO IT.

-Touche'

p.s. Yeah, SOMETIMES the real world DOES work like that. SOMETIMES it DOESN'T work like that. It's just like tossing a coin.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spc

94tbird is a n00b
actually your paying UT STARCOMM for the phone not sprint. spritn doesn't make money on the phones. they lose on the phones by offering you 150 off the price. so you got a problem with the phone call UT Starcomm. try doing this with tmobile. you got any problem wit hte phone your told to call insurance, no in store replacements no repairs, nothing. sprint offers you that stuff. if you don't like it or sprint go somewhere else
Old 07-04-2007, 01:51 AM
N00b

ChuckG is a n00b
OK tbird, I give up... what is with the dissasembled mogul pictures in your signature?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

The product is sold by Sprint, therefore, Sprint represents that product. By the way, I'll go with, or stay with, whoever I like. You say that Sprint gives me these options b/c so they're so wonderful; well, I'm using ALL there options.

Anyway, I'm done arguing with you and your friends up there. Truth be told, I couldn't care less about your opinion of me, or my tactics.

In the end, if I buy ANYTHING from a store, then I get home and I can't even use it, I'm taking back to get something else. Every time my 6700 rings, it freezes. I've done hard resets, but it makes no difference. So, I want what I want.

-Touche'

p.s. Oh yeah, about your little, "...you're making problems for other people, and the company..." - SPRINT REPS get paid to deal with my problems, the Techs get paid to fix phones that are messed up... It's not like the people who work at Sprint do it for charity. So you can take that comment and........... Done.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
It's one thing to get a defective device or two, but you have exceptionally bad luck if you're going through 3, 4, 5 or more replacements. Although at the same time, the chances of getting yet another defective 6700 are slim so you should be fine there.

Honestly there is nothing wrong with the 6700 to make anyone "deserve" a free upgrade to the 6800. Plenty of us are still using them with no major problems whatsoever--especially with the newest ROM upgrades.

It occurs to me that Sprint may have stocked way up on 6700s to help stem this tide of people trying to get a free upgrade to the improved model.

If you want to whine and complain to Sprint until they relent and give you a 6800 to shut you up then go right ahead, but you've got to expect this kind of response if you're going to talk about it here like it is owed to you.

Or do it the legitimate way: take the new 6700 they give you, sell it on ebay and use that money with a couple hundred $ of your own and buy the 6800... nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

Elbimster is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Elbimster Send a message via AIM to Elbimster Send a message via MSN to Elbimster Send a message via Yahoo to Elbimster
Just remember: Caveat Emptor. Buyer beware.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Exceptionally bad luck? Uh...no. All I do is read about how people's 6700s keep messing up.

Anyway, the truth is, I LOVE the 6700....WHEN IT WORKS. Seriously, if this one remains the way it is, I'll be happy to pay for the 6800. However, if THIS ONE messes up TOO....not so much.

Well, I'm done with this. I've done all I can do, and I've said all I can say. I will repeat one thing, however, :Most People Who Disagree With Me On This Are People Who Bought Theirs For $350+: Either way, we all have our opinions, I suppose.

-Touche'
Old 07-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634
I see both sides of this. I have heard of people that feel they deserve an upgrade just because they pay their bills on time, etc... but I myself had my 6700 replaced in the store with a 700p (not even a 700wx). I begged for the wx model because the software I used wouldn't work on Palm, but what topped it off was when the guy told me to bring it back in 2 weeks and they would have the 6800 in stock and could just switch me out for one of those. I obviously knew this probably wouldn't happen, and sure enough, I went in just to find out, and I was pretty much told to take a hike. I didn't whine to them about it or anything... just left because I wasn't going to push an issue I knew didn't have any fire under it to begin with. The cool thing was, a few days later, Sprint screwed up my bill pretty bad and told me pretty much there was nothing they could do about it. I honestly tried to cancel my service, but when they lady cut my bill in half and sent me a new 6800 (neither of which I even asked for), I of course took it. Touche, you might get lucky, but I wouldn't count on getting your 6700 replaced with a 6800 in the store. I know most of the employees at the Sprint store here have told almost everyone the same as you were told... that the 6800 would be the replacement. I have at least 5 friends that were told that by our local store ALONE... 2 had their 6700's become bricks last week, took them in, and were given 6700's again, despite what they had been told. I highly doubt Sprint intends 6800's to be replacements, but at the same time, they can't keep all of their employees from saying what they will.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Wow, that's pretty tacky. I mean, wanting an upgrade just b/c you pay your bill. I'm not that cheap. Truth is, money really isn't the issue. Sure, I could just go buy one and be fine, but......well, you know the story.

Ugh... I'm on the freakin' phone with retentions.....AGAIN. lol

Anyway, the store couldn't do anything for me...

EDIT: AHHHH!!!! I just got off the phone with Retentions!!!! GOT MY ORDER NUMBER for my MOGUL!

-Touche'

p.s. Now I REALLY don't have any reason to argue with anyone.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spc

94tbird is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckG
OK tbird, I give up... what is with the dissasembled mogul pictures in your signature?
we were looking for a GPS antenna, but there is none.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan