View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 05:40 PM
land2634
Halfway to VIP Status

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to land2634
I see both sides of this. I have heard of people that feel they deserve an upgrade just because they pay their bills on time, etc... but I myself had my 6700 replaced in the store with a 700p (not even a 700wx). I begged for the wx model because the software I used wouldn't work on Palm, but what topped it off was when the guy told me to bring it back in 2 weeks and they would have the 6800 in stock and could just switch me out for one of those. I obviously knew this probably wouldn't happen, and sure enough, I went in just to find out, and I was pretty much told to take a hike. I didn't whine to them about it or anything... just left because I wasn't going to push an issue I knew didn't have any fire under it to begin with. The cool thing was, a few days later, Sprint screwed up my bill pretty bad and told me pretty much there was nothing they could do about it. I honestly tried to cancel my service, but when they lady cut my bill in half and sent me a new 6800 (neither of which I even asked for), I of course took it. Touche, you might get lucky, but I wouldn't count on getting your 6700 replaced with a 6800 in the store. I know most of the employees at the Sprint store here have told almost everyone the same as you were told... that the 6800 would be the replacement. I have at least 5 friends that were told that by our local store ALONE... 2 had their 6700's become bricks last week, took them in, and were given 6700's again, despite what they had been told. I highly doubt Sprint intends 6800's to be replacements, but at the same time, they can't keep all of their employees from saying what they will.