PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

HobbesIsReal is keeping up the good workHobbesIsReal is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can it be true?

I am not sure how old this is....or if Sprint is really going to release it as stated here or not. But this says that it will be WM05 and only Rev A upgradable:

http://www.phonenews.com/images/2007...800-Sprint.pdf
Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b
looks like it, at launch at least

but, knowing how good aku 3.3 - 3.5 is, I don't mind
Old 04-25-2007, 09:12 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I'm on my Treo so it's kind of annoying opening the PDF, but the already-released 6800 in Canada pretty much has the same specs... WM5 and upgradable to Rev. A via software.

Also, the specs of the in-hand Sprint prototype match the OS Version and AKU.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
For me their are enough improvements on the 6800 to buy it. It would be nice to get WM6 directly from Sprint. As long a Verizon or Telus release WM6 Sprint customers should have a working ROM shortly after.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 04-25-2007, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

UTSAFTW is a n00b
I too am concerned about the device launching without Rev. A, but I am glad that it is at least mentioned. I also find it interesting that Sprint included:
"Send text and picture messages wherever you go."

Hopefully PM will be officially implemented and a hack will not be required.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

phyrebird is a n00b
I've been waiting eagerly for my first PPC for a few months now, since beginning to read up on the 6800, and from a complete (to ppcs) newb's standpoint, there's enough of an upgrade to wait for. Everything I've heard tells me May 15ish (several independent stores corroborating), so I'll happily wait.

Also, I've got to tell you folks that this seems to be one of the best handled, helpful and mature communities I've run across, and I'm happy to be a member. Thanks!

<EDIT> Shortened and spelling.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

shivers is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrebird
I've been waiting eagerly for my first PPC for a few months now, since beginning to read up on the 6800, and from a complete (to ppcs) newb's standpoint, there's enough of an upgrade to wait for.

Also, I've got to tell you folks that this seems to be one of the best handled, helpful and mature communities I've run across, and I'm happy to be a member. Thanks!
I agree on both accounts.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b
I concur!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Lurker

bimmer10 is a n00b
And I have been testing with Cingular and the 8525 and was about to jump ship. Now this throughs me into a new loop.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
heres the thread i was lookin for when i posted haha.

the new specs already suck ballz all over the place. I was excited for the r.A because i use the stupid thing as a modem more than i use it for a phone. But.. now that the SINGLE only redeeming quality of the phone is never going to see the light of day, im ed they are even going to sell it.

But J ... 2 megapixel camera.... i have a 9 mega-pixel super camera that was half the cost of the phone

But J ... no antanae.... its easier to hold the phone with the antanae there.

But J ... no more joystick... i LOVE the joystick and if your dumb enough to drop your phone and break it, you should have been aborted.

But J ... its thinner and lighter.... and at what cost? its easier to break? the materials will not be able to withstand the same impacting as the 6700

But J ... it has WM6..... oh wait.... no it doesnt.... hey doesnt that look just like WM5.... ya it does.... weird

But J ... it uses TRANSFLASH! ... i have a 2 gig card that wont work in my new phone.... cool!

But J ... it has a new way to listen to music.... by putting a STUPID adapter into my CHARGING port and have to carry it with me wherever i may want to use my headphones..... and we all know that port is prone to breaking... way to go on that one.... and if i listen to music at work by plugging my speakers in, i need ANOTHER adapter to charge it while i have it hooked up??? WTF!!!!

But J ... its a cool color..... ya just like verizons... and when you scratch it the "real" color plays through and looks like garbage

But J ... it slides the other way now! isnt that cool .... so .... we get used to something, and they go changing it on me.... no - not that cool

But J ... 256 meg of flash memory... ya, thats pretty d@mn cool... although with my custom ROM i never use any storage memory now anyways but ya, thats pretty "neat"

==============

in sum were looking at a huge pile of garbage that should have never been invented, let alone try to take the throne from the coveted 6700. The 6700 was new, fresh, and brought a lot to the table, this...... concoction of a device, or moreover this.... repackaged 6700 is nothing more than a way to say.... sorry guys, we got nothin.....uh..... here.....this is ..... somethin.....

grrrrr

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan