PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 07:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

tbhausen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hobbes,

Mine's a business account, so I may be able to order and get it before most others

Todd/Indy
Old 04-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Lurker

XXSplitterXX is a n00b
I will definitely wait until I see some real-time reviews.

I'm not sold on the unit yet. It isn't that much of an upgrade, just a coolness factor.

The one thing I want, I can't get: A 6700 w/integrated GPS. If VZN could support the eTen M700, I'd be a happy camper (and a kosher one to boot!).
Old 04-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey

the new specs already suck ballz all over the place.
==============.................................... ....................

in sum were looking at a huge pile of garbage that should have never been invented, let alone try to take the throne from the coveted 6700. The 6700 was new, fresh, and brought a lot to the table, this...... concoction of a device, or moreover this.... repackaged 6700 is nothing more than a way to say.... sorry guys, we got nothin.....uh..... here.....this is ..... somethin.....

grrrrr
Wow! I must apologize before I even post a reply................that was one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read. BUt, after all we are all entitled to our opinions. I guess some people just develop a reputation for posting knowledgeable helpful opinions, while others develop a reputation for bashing with no real basis for their "observations"

I know I shouldn't make posts like this, but sometimes it just has to be said.....sorry. It just wouldn't be right for a first time reader to come along and read that without it being pointed out as being bovine scathology.

Dave
Old 04-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
indeed it twas a wee bit scathing but its all in good fun. if u follow the larger majority of my posts I have a pretty sick sense of humour hehe. its not that I hate the phone... not at all. I'm just underwhelmed. sprint has repeatadley offered up its customers empty promises of features and bling, when they don't deliver...time and time again I have no choice but to resort to mere sarcasm to make myself feel better. I do hope that this handset resolves a ton of the known issues we see on the 6700. and from a purely stock position it will simply by upping the aku to 3.3 and removing the joystick. as soon as we have a kitchen for it I will be upgrading myself. I just can't....in good faith....recommend existing users drop $649 on a marginal upgrade, when they are holding a powerhouse of a phone. thank u for the response. its good to have healthy debate!
Old 04-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
I just can't....in good faith....recommend existing users drop $649 on a marginal upgrade, when they are holding a powerhouse of a phone. thank u for the response. its good to have healthy debate!
I can! I've had one in my hands for a week and a half and there is -nothing marginal in its upgrade, including:

-30% thinner
-spring loaded keyboard with rubber texture for easier use
-indicator lights for function and caplock
-256mb ROM double that of the 6700
-dual core processor
- REV A compatible
-scroll wheel
-more buttons on face and sides. Combined with the scroll wheel,one-handed use is greatly improved
-bigger battery
-better battery life
-removal of obtrusive antenna
-better brighter screen
-better 2mp camera with improved software and settings
-Dpad...much improved over the joystick
-AKU 3.3 which brings with it A2DP among other things

Once you hold one in your hand and realize firsthand what it is like to use it, you'll see it is easily worth the upgrade. The 6700 to me now is a big fat brick that is nowhere near as easy to use, or as effective. You will NOT find many devices on the GSM side that are much more capable than this, or any more an upgrade over existing devices. some have GPS, but that's about it.

Dave
Old 04-27-2007, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch PRO

tbhausen is just getting started
Paragon, now you really have my attention: "brighter better screen"...
Can you give more detail or perhaps post pics of both a full backlight? If the Titan is better in daylight, that would be the most significant upgrade of all IMHO.

I hope it's like the 8525 which is worlds better than the 6700 in daylight.

Todd/Indy
Old 04-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Here you go:

In outdoor light there is NO improvement. It is still very poor as are pretty much all WM devices.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon
Here you go:

In outdoor light there is NO improvement. It is still very poor as are pretty much all WM devices.
Doth mine eyes deceive me or do the email and IE button actually light up in the dark? If so, that is way cool!

And yes, I happen to mostly agree with JBabey (the aborted line cause me to snort in my cubicle therefore giving away my position...errrr...breaking the silence). This phone is just an incremental upgrade and I personally think it could be better...

That being said...I will be on one of the few who wanders over to a local sprint store on 5/15 to get the new phone. I'm a phone whore and I have come to peace with my addiction. Plus, am I the only one totally excited by the scroll wheel? My fat thumb does not play nice with the joystick...and the new d-pad will be easier to play PocketNester again!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 04-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
try the thumb wheel on the q! you wont be very excited
Old 04-27-2007, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonin66
try the thumb wheel on the q! you wont be very excited
(Bubble bursts)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan