PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta

As far as the 6800: too little too late.

I mean it's a nice device and I'm sure 6700 users will be thrilled but I mean seriously:

- doesn't launch with WM6
- No front camera for vid conferencing? that's what RevA was all about
- 2mp camera? Should be 3mp by now.
- Still QVGA?
- No Built in GPS?

Wow, Malatesta, I going to have to argue with you on some of this.

Windows Moible 6.0...Yes it should have shipped with it, but it's nothing great. I sure wouldn't pass on a device because it didn't have it. WM6.0 just isn't much of an upgrade itself.

Video calling? Of all the people I know in the mobile world, I don't know a single one who uses video calling, other than to try it out. I definitely don't want to have to pay for that hardware on my device.

It's not megapixels that make a camera, it is the quality of the lens. I don't think we a going to see real quality lens in phones for awhile. Yes I know some phones by some stroke of luck put out not bad pictures, but for real quality we need good lens....again I don't want to have to pay for that kind of hardware on my phone. I think HTC realizes that is how most people feel so they don't put them in.

QVGA/VGA QVGA is pretty tight when you compare it to 3.5" screens that 320x240 was designed for. If you put VGA on a 2.8" screen the dot pitch has to be adjusted so that it is readable with the naked eye, and you are then back to where we started, but a bunch of resources have been wasted on it. You then have to do a reg hack to enable true VGA, and on that 2.8" screen you'll never read it without a magnifying glass. VGA just isn't a very viable, workable option on 2.8" screens

GPS, I don't really get it. It has AGPS built in just like pretty much every dumb phone on the planet today, why not go the rest of the route and make it a usable component on this device I have no idea. Its definitely a high end enough device to warrant it. It really should have GPS.

Dave
Old 04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon
Wow, Malatesta, I going to have to argue with you on some of this.
lol, and I'll retort

VGA: iMate Ulitmate series

5150 = 2.8 = VGA
6150 = 2.8 = VGA
8150 = 2.6 = VGA
9150 = 2.6 = VGA

Eten Goldfish x800; x500+= 2.8 = VGA

Gigabyte g-Smart t600 = 2.6 = VGA

and I think Asus might have a few coming out.

Your VGA argument about "screen/pixel" size really doesn't hold up, imo. I have never heard anyone complaining about having VGA on a 2.6 or 2.8 " screen.

Wm6 is imperative if you use Exchange 2007 and want server search, html email, and better scheduling. I'm just saying...it's a phone coming out in May without it. It would have been nice to include. Not a deal breaker but it says a lot.

Re: 3mp camera

Quote:
I think HTC realizes that is how most people feel so they don't put them in.
the HTC Kaiser has a 3mp camera (and a cool kick stand effect for the screen)

re: Video conferencing

Well, some would like to use that feature and the added upload limit of RevA would have been good for that. Some HTC devices already have it: Hermes, Shift, O2 Flame etc. They must have put it there for a reason, lol.

Basically, had it been a CDMA of the Kaiser w/VGA instead, I would have been really impressed or anything like the iMate ultimate line.
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=733
Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Ha ha ha. My money says iMate never get to market with those devices and those specs. They've already been proved wrong on the hard to believe small dimensions of some of them. As I said, VGA has to have the dot pitch adjusted to view it properly, which all those device do/will have done taking them back to where we are.

Yeah, video conferencing is in a few GSM devices, but it sure ain't used much. It's an uber-geek thing that doesn't get used much unless you are a starship captain.

As I said I agree with WM6.0. I don't know why it's not there, and it's not a deal breaker.

Dave

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan