PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 09:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Sellador is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Was I hallucinating?

This seems strange. I could swear that the original behavior of my Imagio for the first few days when I pressed & held the red button was:
  • If I pressed 'turn screen off', the screen went immediately blank and the phone was locked when I pressed the red button to turn it back on again.
  • If I did nothing, the same thing happened after a few second delay.
  • If I pressed lock phone, it would go into lock mode with screen on and would shortly go blank anyway.
I didn't really see the sense, since it seemed they all really did the same thing.

But today, it started behaving differently. Now:
  • If I press turn screen off, the screen goes blank and the phone is not locked when I turn it back on. It's at whatever screen I was last at.
  • If I do nothing, the screen goes blank, and the suspend menu is still on the screen when I turn it back on.
  • If I press lock phone, then it behaves as before.
I'm not complaining because I like the new behavior better but it bothers me that I don't know why it is acting differently. And since I've had it such a short time, it also seems possible that I am just misremembering how it used to behave. Hence the thread title.

So I'm just curious, how does your Imagio behave... like the first description or the second? If the first is the way everyone else's is behaving, then what could have caused the change in behavior? I've installed apps and MS 3.5, but haven't done much in the registry or installed any XDA tweaks yet.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Re: Was I hallucinating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellador View Post
This seems strange. I could swear that the original behavior of my Imagio for the first few days when I pressed & held the red button was:
  • If I pressed 'turn screen off', the screen went immediately blank and the phone was locked when I pressed the red button to turn it back on again.
  • If I did nothing, the same thing happened after a few second delay.
  • If I pressed lock phone, it would go into lock mode with screen on and would shortly go blank anyway.
I didn't really see the sense, since it seemed they all really did the same thing.

But today, it started behaving differently. Now:
  • If I press turn screen off, the screen goes blank and the phone is not locked when I turn it back on. It's at whatever screen I was last at.
  • If I do nothing, the screen goes blank, and the suspend menu is still on the screen when I turn it back on.
  • If I press lock phone, then it behaves as before.
I'm not complaining because I like the new behavior better but it bothers me that I don't know why it is acting differently. And since I've had it such a short time, it also seems possible that I am just misremembering how it used to behave. Hence the thread title.

So I'm just curious, how does your Imagio behave... like the first description or the second? If the first is the way everyone else's is behaving, then what could have caused the change in behavior? I've installed apps and MS 3.5, but haven't done much in the registry or installed any XDA tweaks yet.
Mine behaves like the first set. Not sure what changed yours unless you installed/changed something related to screen locking.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

If you remove the stylus, the phone automatically unlocks. Was the stylus out when you noticed the new behavior?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

Mine also changed from locking itself to now just turning itself off, even if I use the red button to turn off it does not get locked unless I use the lock button. As for myself I prefer the way it worked originally.

As for the stylus, no, it makes no difference. I seldom pull out the stylus and mine still does not lock unless I manually lock the phone. I don't know what changed the action but it is definitely changed.

R
Old 10-18-2009, 11:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sellador is a n00b

The stylus doesn't affect mine either, but it's consistently behaving in the second manner. So I'm thinking that fwaits must be on the right track about it being something we've installed. Racedog, here's what I've installed. Do you have any of the same apps?

SPB Mobile Shell, SPB Phone Suite, Ilium eWallet, Ilium Listpro, Pocket Informant, Google Maps, MS Facebook App, MS Reader, Mobipocket, Conduits Timekeeper, Wordbook dictionary, Omnisolve calculator, Resco File Explorer.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Are you guys not using TouchFLO anymore? When you long press the End key do you get the same menu or a slightly different one?

Perhaps Mobile Shell does this in some way, I'm not sure, as I don't use it.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

Sellador the only app we have in common is Google Maps and I don't think that would have anything to do with this. Fwaits, I am still using Touchflo so that isn't the answer either. I don't know what caused it to change but its a minor hassle that I wish I could eliminate and get back to the Imagio locking when I turn the screen off.

R
Old 10-19-2009, 11:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sellador is a n00b

I have turned off TouchFlo 3D and replaced it with Mobile Shell 3.5. I do still get the same menu that I did before so it's not that Mobile Shell has replaced that function completely. I thought Mobile Shell could be the culprit just because it takes over so many things, but now I don't think so since Racedog isn't using it and has the same symptoms. As Racedog says, it's hard to imagine that Google Maps is causing this, but I may uninstall it just to see.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

Humpa is keeping up the good workHumpa is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to Humpa

I have Mobile Shell 3.5 and Google Maps. I've experienced no issues wrt the lock/unlock. Works as it should with the stylus in vs out.

I was thinking that it could be hardware and the stylus switch was malfunctioning/broken. But didn't I read that even when you explicityly lock it, it still doesn't lock?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700

carteriii is a n00b

I too have lost the auto lock feature (& stupidly started a new thread three hours after this one because the subject of this didn't catch my eye).

If it helps, I have installed Total Commander, changeScreen, PHM Registry Editor, and psShutXP.

I removed changeScreen, thinking it might be the cause since it relates to the screen, but still saw the same behavior. I know I should uninstall everything else and hope I find the culprit (if it even is one of them), but haven't yet had the time.

I did find a thread over on xda-developers that mentions the use of HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\AutoDeviceLockEnable, but that value is zero on the Imagio of a friend who still retains the auto-locking functionality, so I don't believe that is the solution for us.

I actually want the functionality back, or at least the ability to use it when I want, so I don't want to give up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio