PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo= Another crippled htc device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
What do you care about 3d gaming? you're using Windows Mobile. Even if you were using an HD2, which you're not, I'd laugh at you for talking about gaming. Believe me, I know because I've used WinMo for years. EVO gaming is fine and it still beats out older htc devices. Navigating the interface is super slick... nobody even knew about the framerate cap until some hacker dug into and outed it. The cap isnt restricted because of hardware either. If it was such a big issue, we'd be returning our EVOs don't you think? We aren't because the experience is still amazing.
I was expecting a reply like this. From the vids I have seen on youtube, Evo is not smooth at all. And Im not buying a Evo to game with it. But would love at least match the iphonw in how smooth games and apps run. And from what I have seen, its still way behing. Pretty dissapointed honestly.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
I can play 3D games fine and with fluidity. How are you judging a phone without even playing with it, let alone holding it?

Pretty soon we are going to get threads like.....
The Evo is crippled because it doesn't have a glass back like the iphone!
The Evo is crippled because the kickstand should have been the color red!

I don't understand. People are trying really hard to find any type of fault in the Evo.
The phone has a 4.3 inch screen, does that mean I'm going to get rid of my 65" tv? No. The phone plays 3D games well, does that mean I'm going to get rid of my Xbox? No.

In the end, its a phone. Something we have when we are on the go. I love gaming, don't get me wrong. But that is why I have a Xbox!
not even if he wants a portable 3d gaming system he could get a psp/ds you kow how many times i use my evo for games? 2% of the time i got my psp & ds for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
And please dont say its not a psp or dsi or xbox. I had high hopes that we wedre going to get a device at least close in how smooth the iphone runs in 2d and 3ed. But looks like Evo is still way behind. Ps. not a iphone troll. Just want iphonje performance.

You already knew the answer we were going to give you, and still you had to ask anyway.

btw: I think you are the one that is crippled for expecting a phone to be priority for gaming.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
You already knew the answer we were going to give you, and still you had to ask anyway.

btw: I think you are the one that is crippled for expecting a phone to be priority for gaming.
hey maybe he should get an n-gage xD

[IMG][/IMG]

or n-gage QD

[/IMG]

thats a phone built purely for gaming :toothy10
Old 06-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinx View Post
hey maybe he should get an n-gage xD

[IMG][/IMG]

or n-gage QD

[/IMG]

thats a phone built purely for gaming :toothy10
Yes, and he can have best of both world.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Yup, dejavu! People will defend it no matter what. Wouldnt it be a awesome ppc phone if it at least matched the very first gen iphone in performance? Ima jus sayin.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
I was expecting a reply like this. From the vids I have seen on youtube, Evo is not smooth at all. And Im not buying a Evo to game with it. But would love at least match the iphonw in how smooth games and apps run. And from what I have seen, its still way behing. Pretty dissapointed honestly.
your name fits you well. where are these videos? I've played games on it and i don't see a problem. And apps run super smooth, what are you talking about? I think you might have a problem with the Android OS itself, not the EVO device. So basically what you're looking for is an iPhone, so just get one??? You already said you can't afford an EVO, so my guess is this is your way of rationalizing not purchasing the device.

Last edited by lipidfats; 06-13-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Yup, dejavu! People will defend it no matter what. Wouldnt it be a awesome ppc phone if it at least matched the very first gen iphone in performance? Ima jus sayin.
And yet you use a HTC Device, your user name is AndroidTroll, and you need to grow up.

A phone is a " MULTI " media entertainment device, and cannot be specifically made for only one purpose.

EVO is not for you. It does not want to be touch by you.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:40 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

D@mn, the level of denial is amazing here... now as an evo owner i love it to no end but to brush off the few shortcomings of the device as not important thus not existant is no different as what the isheep have done everytime a setback was introduced... coming from a palm pre i was also dissapointed from the lack of a strong gpu for graphically intense games. The droid can handle them very well but not the evo ticks me off... and the ds and psp comments are childish as well, isnt that we try to have the best smartphones to cover most our needs wthout extra devices? Following your train of thought i can say

why should it browse the web? Thats what my laptop is for

gps isnt important, thats why i have my tomtom

Music? Thats dumb, what are ipods for?

Personally i can wait for a fix or a ota addresing the issue since its not that big of a deal to me, but not everyones use for the device is your own...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Dude, what are you talking about? Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? Its actually pretty funny. In any case I have several friends who have been swinging from apples nutsack for years, I am talking about hardcore fanboys. They got the evo last week and even though they are not entirely happy with battery performance they are amazed with how smooth, customizable and feature rich this phone really is and forget about 4g they are shocked at how fast this thing is using a standard 3g connection when browsing and downloading files compared to their iphone3gs's.

This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G