PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Cap with Mobile Hot Spot

4g aircards are unlimited but do have the 5gb cap if you're in a 3g area, we can probably assume the evo will be treated the same way
http://shop.sprint.com/NASApp/online...ubmission.y=15
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4g unlimited.jpg (15.1 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:12 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OK the thread is located HERE. Have fun! lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
yes..if you choose to root it
Is rooting it like unlocking and changing ROM's? Just wondering, and wanting to compare the difficulty compared to the ease of tethering undetected in WM
Old 05-13-2010, 09:19 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Is rooting it like unlocking and changing ROM's? Just wondering, and wanting to compare the difficulty compared to the ease of tethering undetected in WM
Yea its hacking or changing the stock softwear...you know these kids and all their lingo these days....lol

CW
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Yea its hacking or changing the stock softwear...you know these kids and all their lingo these days....lol

CW
So I take it that in initial restrictiveness, Android is somewhere between iPhone and WM. Initially, that is. I'm getting closer to jumping, folks, be patient, I like to really "look before I leap". I'm an old guy, and was already a young man when you simply "had to have" a CB Radio. Frankly, the CB or HAM looks pretty good nowadays, due to disasters, etc. They aren't dependent on infrastructure controlled by others, can't be turned off by anyone, and aren't susceptible to natural disasters wiping out towers, etc. (except HAM repeaters, but they aren't needed for communications to continue).
Old 05-13-2010, 09:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

consiglere is a n00b

Still no definite answer. I'm looking to replace my comcast internet service with the mobile hotspot but I just don't know about this 5GB cap. Sometimes, I do up to 20GB/mth, so I rather not take the chance with sprint because if they do decide to charge you, then it's @ $0.20 cents/min
Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
So I take it that in initial restrictiveness, Android is somewhere between iPhone and WM. Initially, that is. I'm getting closer to jumping, folks, be patient, I like to really "look before I leap". I'm an old guy, and was already a young man when you simply "had to have" a CB Radio. Frankly, the CB or HAM looks pretty good nowadays, due to disasters, etc. They aren't dependent on infrastructure controlled by others, can't be turned off by anyone, and aren't susceptible to natural disasters wiping out towers, etc. (except HAM repeaters, but they aren't needed for communications to continue).
android does have some restrictions that require root access the same way the tp2 needed hspl. android for instance has blocked the free wifi router app. once you have root access to the phone the restrictions are removed and you can do anything with your phone, including running programs android have removed.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by consiglere View Post
Still no definite answer. I'm looking to replace my comcast internet service with the mobile hotspot but I just don't know about this 5GB cap. Sometimes, I do up to 20GB/mth, so I rather not take the chance with sprint because if they do decide to charge you, then it's @ $0.20 cents/min
here is the answer, on 3g there is a 5gb cap, but honestly sprint doesn't really enforce it. with 4g there is no data cap. that is the official word from sprint.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

consiglere is a n00b

Fair enough
Old 05-13-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor

I do about 100-200gb a month and have been doing so for about 5 years.

I'll be waiting till someone roots/hacks hotspot until I jump to get one.

No way am I letting them cap my usage.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G