PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 10:28 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did you get an Airave?

Some people are saying the managed to get an airave because of the problem the EVO 3D has with signal strength.

Do you pay any monthly fee?
Does it still use minutes when you use the airave?

Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:03 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I did get one for free. I do not pay a monthly fee. Just call and ask them about it. They confirmed I was in a troubled area and offered it up. I didn't even have to ask for it to be free.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-15-2011, 11:31 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Did you get an Airave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
I did get one for free. I do not pay a monthly fee. Just call and ask them about it. They confirmed I was in a troubled area and offered it up. I didn't even have to ask for it to be free.

Same here except I went through chat. They did have be call Telesales to order it. From what I was told by my Sprint Rep is they are no longer charging for basic service on the Airave.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I hope they don't charge you. I cancelled my Airave 5 months ago... and the $20 monthly charge was on every bill after that. I called CS each of the first 4 months to complain and try to get it cancelled correctly and get a credit, always with empty promises. Finally I got it done, when I called to cancel my lines and move them to Verizon.

So learn from my headache. If you pay for the service and cancel, check your bill for the first couple of months after the cancellation to make sure they actually cancelled it correctly.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wow you guys are just getting one? i have had both models the 1x and now the 3g. have had a airave for over 4yrs. free the whole time.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 07-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I hope they don't charge you. I cancelled my Airave 5 months ago... and the $20 monthly charge was on every bill after that. I called CS each of the first 4 months to complain and try to get it cancelled correctly and get a credit, always with empty promises. Finally I got it done, when I called to cancel my lines and move them to Verizon.

So learn from my headache. If you pay for the service and cancel, check your bill for the first couple of months after the cancellation to make sure they actually cancelled it correctly.
$20 charge? What charge is that? Even the old ones only had a $4.99 charge and the new airvanas are free.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ppclover2 is just getting started

on the phone w/ them now...shipping it out soon...thx ppcgeeks!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Some people are saying the managed to get an airave because of the problem the EVO 3D has with signal strength.

Do you pay any monthly fee?
Does it still use minutes when you use the airave?

Thanks
They say the device is $100. There is a $5 monthly fee.

BUT.... They confirmed an issue with towers in my area and are sending me one free of charge with no monthly fee. Thank you much for the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppclover2 View Post
on the phone w/ them now...shipping it out soon...thx ppcgeeks!
True that!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:02 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I called because I couldn't get signal - they gave me a ticket number and I'm bringing it to a repair center today. I know someone else who can't make calls from the same location on her EVO 3D. It is frustrating to spend an hour on the phone with them and they produce nothing and now I'm going to a repair center where they'll probably give me a replacement phone which if it helps great if not that will be a lot of wasted time as you know it is never a 5 minute visit when you go to a Sprint repair center (at least not the one I go to - they alway say come back in an hour and then say so and so went on a break and didn't look at your phone yet).
Old 07-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I got one and didn't even need it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D