PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Did you get an Airave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
I might just do that. My battery on the Evo 3D is draining super fast as it constantly goes in and out of 3G into 1X (forget anything about 4G here even though it should be available).

I basically have to keep it plugged in constantly.
Wow! I just got an email with a tracking number that it's been shipped. That's 3 days not the 4 weeks they'd told me!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Setup it up (behind my router as I wanted), and wow! Before I has most 1 bar on 3G and would even fall into 1X regularly. Now 3G is always all bars solid green and 4G is almost always available with at least 2-3 bars. Still waiting to check if we have any service now in the basement -- never did before.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
Setup it up (behind my router as I wanted), and wow! Before I has most 1 bar on 3G and would even fall into 1X regularly. Now 3G is always all bars solid green and 4G is almost always available with at least 2-3 bars. Still waiting to check if we have any service now in the basement -- never did before.
Nice to hear, mine comes tomorrow. I was wondering if I would get any 4G. I get 1 bar, some times 2 bars 3G currently and some times move to roaming. I'm hoping for at least strong 3G!

I'm wondering how my comcast economy internet will handle it. I think it's like a max ~700 KB/sec with realistic downloads maxing at 175 KB/sec.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I've got Comcast high speed (think its 20/6 or 25/8 or something like that) so I'm not concerned. My speed tests with Airave are comparable to those without (the phone's speed test though are many, many times faster).
Old 09-06-2011, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO 4G, EVO3D
Carrier: sprint

madcowmilau is becoming a great contributor

Got my Airave last Wednesday. It works great and no problems, I now have full service throughout my house and all the way down the block. love my new toy. When i called to get it, they did say it could take 30 days (probably just to cover their butts) but it came within 6 days.

http://madcowmilau.blogspot.com/
http://www.google.com/profiles/madcowmilau
Old 09-10-2011, 11:16 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowmilau View Post
Got my Airave last Wednesday. It works great and no problems, I now have full service throughout my house and all the way down the block. love my new toy. When i called to get it, they did say it could take 30 days (probably just to cover their butts) but it came within 6 days.
Wow, mine barely works outside the house! Stone house, maybe why?

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Wow, mine barely works outside the house! Stone house, maybe why?

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.
I think the reason he's saying his works down the block is because while your in airave coverage your phone will connect with airave then if you were to drive away from your house it usually takes a minute for your phone to switch to tower only connection. In that minute you'll most likely be down your block. So in reality the airave doesn't reach that far, it's just your phone takes a while to switch.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D