PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Did you get an Airave? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145758)

boe 07-15-2011 10:28 PM

Did you get an Airave?

Some people are saying the managed to get an airave because of the problem the EVO 3D has with signal strength.

Do you pay any monthly fee?
Does it still use minutes when you use the airave?

Thanks

NinjaMom 07-15-2011 11:03 PM

I did get one for free. I do not pay a monthly fee. Just call and ask them about it. They confirmed I was in a troubled area and offered it up. I didn't even have to ask for it to be free.

sanmanc 07-15-2011 11:31 PM

Re: Did you get an Airave?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 2128549)
I did get one for free. I do not pay a monthly fee. Just call and ask them about it. They confirmed I was in a troubled area and offered it up. I didn't even have to ask for it to be free.

Same here except I went through chat. They did have be call Telesales to order it. From what I was told by my Sprint Rep is they are no longer charging for basic service on the Airave.

rainfreak 07-16-2011 01:45 AM

I hope they don't charge you. I cancelled my Airave 5 months ago... and the $20 monthly charge was on every bill after that. I called CS each of the first 4 months to complain and try to get it cancelled correctly and get a credit, always with empty promises. Finally I got it done, when I called to cancel my lines and move them to Verizon.

So learn from my headache. If you pay for the service and cancel, check your bill for the first couple of months after the cancellation to make sure they actually cancelled it correctly.

kaos 07-16-2011 02:11 AM

wow you guys are just getting one? i have had both models the 1x and now the 3g. have had a airave for over 4yrs. free the whole time.

Compusmurf 07-16-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 2128593)
I hope they don't charge you. I cancelled my Airave 5 months ago... and the $20 monthly charge was on every bill after that. I called CS each of the first 4 months to complain and try to get it cancelled correctly and get a credit, always with empty promises. Finally I got it done, when I called to cancel my lines and move them to Verizon.

So learn from my headache. If you pay for the service and cancel, check your bill for the first couple of months after the cancellation to make sure they actually cancelled it correctly.

$20 charge? What charge is that? Even the old ones only had a $4.99 charge and the new airvanas are free.

ppclover2 07-16-2011 12:44 PM

on the phone w/ them now...shipping it out soon...thx ppcgeeks!

scrosler 07-16-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boe (Post 2128542)
Some people are saying the managed to get an airave because of the problem the EVO 3D has with signal strength.

Do you pay any monthly fee?
Does it still use minutes when you use the airave?

Thanks

They say the device is $100. There is a $5 monthly fee.

BUT.... They confirmed an issue with towers in my area and are sending me one free of charge with no monthly fee. Thank you much for the idea :headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppclover2 (Post 2128689)
on the phone w/ them now...shipping it out soon...thx ppcgeeks!

True that!

boe 07-16-2011 04:02 PM

I called because I couldn't get signal - they gave me a ticket number and I'm bringing it to a repair center today. I know someone else who can't make calls from the same location on her EVO 3D. It is frustrating to spend an hour on the phone with them and they produce nothing and now I'm going to a repair center where they'll probably give me a replacement phone which if it helps great if not that will be a lot of wasted time as you know it is never a 5 minute visit when you go to a Sprint repair center (at least not the one I go to - they alway say come back in an hour and then say so and so went on a break and didn't look at your phone yet).

freeza 07-16-2011 04:33 PM

I got one and didn't even need it.